Asus Nvidia 560Ti 1GB Black / Blank Screen after installing OSX 10.11 El Capitan

4 posts in this topic

Old timer here. Seems El Capitan has disabled quite a few graphics cards.

After 48 hours of perilous straining to get the beast advance from Boot Screen to Installer, to completing install, I am currently stuck with a Black / Blank Screen after booting to desktop or if it is the Setup Wizard.

I had a very refined DSDT and a perfected Clover config. Now none of it seems to work.

I replaced the refined DSDT to an older, very basic DSDT extracted from booting into Windows and patching it using MaciASL.

It has added Nvidia GFX (peg0), HDMI out & audio edits - injection. However, I do not use ALC onboard audio since I have a Creative X-Fi USB sound card with 5.1 speakers.

Now, can someone please shed light on why El Capitan hates nVidia 560Ti 1GB Direct CUII model...???

Following is all I have done or tried before reaching out for help:

1) Updated Clover. <- everything related to this is done and dealt with

2) Switched SMBIOS.plist from iMac13.2 to Macpro6,1 <- this actually got my Machine to boot without the dreaded ACPIPlatform Error. found from a different user's query.

Currently using iMac13,2 SMBIOS, as it supports 560Ti unlike MacPro SMBIOS, which have the AGDP bug resulting in black/blank screen post boot.

3) Tried different DSDTs <- self made / modified. but all with GFX DSDT injection since that is what I am following since day 1 of Hacckintosh.

4) Lastly, tried NVIDIA WEB Drivers latest version. NOTE: It is hell getting to install these even with the macmodel bypass. It didn't work for me. I had to manually extract using my backup Hackintosh box using Pacfist. and then, boot Installer -> use Terminal to manually copy them to SLE. rebuild cache using touch SLEx. Used nvda_drv=1.

Thus, I can freely switch between native drivers & Nvidia Web drivers.

Currently Booting using Clover & "nv_disable=1". Still Black Screen. :hysterical::censored::wallbash:

Can someone "Please help", and post if got success on 560Ti....? :help: :help: :help:

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :ninja:

I have finally got El Capitan running. It is blazingly fast in everything... Even, the internet throughput speeds have imporved 10-fold!!!

It seems, as I found out after tons of research and about making 20 different USB Installers of El Capitan:

A] Please Use a 16GB USB Pen Drive -> Plug it into a regular USB 2.0 port of your Laptop / Desktop only!

B]Stay away from installing a plain copy of Yosemite (10.10) - Solely for the purpose of Upgrade-Installing El Capitan (10.11).

This is what I had done, since my 8GB USB Pendrive was resulting in continuous failures. In retrospect: I had copied the El Capitan Installer app to another volume, andItreally boots directly from another volume without any problems.

However, Over-writing a Yosemite install is what lead to the blank screen repeatedly. This is what bugs me, and I find it strange.

Lastly, for those who might wonder & question this post or findings -> I tried with & without the DSDT -> which some might say is badly compiled. Though, that DSDT has worked fine for me since about 4 months.

I am attaching a copy of the config.plist, which helped me to boot the installer without any errors with everything enabled except USB 3.0 controllers.

-Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Could you please clarify, is 560Ti working without any trouble and the issues You encountered were solely with system files? I'm on 10.10.5 going 10.11 soon and i wanted to buy this exact card. I've been using radeon 4850 with QE_CI exotic patch ever since (first with chameleon, now with clover) and never had to do any patching or dsdt switching so i wanted to go for a card that will work without issues after system updates.

As I had said, here is my config.plist. Also included is my DSDT.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!:

Moreover, I got another Asus Direct CUII Nvidia 560Ti 1GB and am now using both in SLI mode and IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!!

BOTH the cards are enabled and work without any problems.

Regards,

config_N_dsdt.zip

post-18224-0-08002800-1446832983_thumb.png