Cannot boot into capitan installer

Fulaphex

7 posts in this topic

I have prepared for myself a capitan usb installer using createinstallmedia tool and have put clover 3270 on another partition. When I try to boot into capitan installer, the screen just turns black, no apple logo whatsoever. This is what happens when I start in verbose mode: http://imgur.com/TERIBjd. I tried also with "nv-disable=1", but no luck there as well, same results. What am I doing wrong?

My specs:

mobo - asrock fatal1ty killer

cpu - 4770k

gpu - gtx770

I dont think, that I can boot into my current Yosemite. Will check it out and let You know. That would mean, that clover is broken?

I just tried with another version of clover, 3259. None of them boot up neither my os nor capitan installer. Don't know if I need some additional work with this clover installation, some kexts or what else should I do.

copy your (default config the one that is currently booting the machine) for clover over the one created on the usb drive, then edit it's RT variables section to add CsrActiveConfig=%67

or what ever sip setting you want. that should resolve the issue.

HBP

i already tried nv-disable=1 but no luck there. When I boot it up from usb 3.0 it stops loading and shows something like this: http://i.stack.imgur.com/y8ULs.jpgbut white on black background. When I try booting up with usb 2.0 port tthis error doesn't show up but it takes forever to load. It is stuck for 20 minutes now on loading, just a grey screen and a rolling rainbow ball.

I have prepared for myself a capitan usb installer using createinstallmedia tool and have put clover 3270 on another partition. When I try to boot into capitan installer, the screen just turns black, no apple logo whatsoever. This is what happens when I start in verbose mode: http://imgur.com/TERIBjd. I tried also with "nv-disable=1", but no luck there as well, same results. What am I doing wrong?

My specs:

mobo - asrock fatal1ty killer

cpu - 4770k

gpu - gtx770

I think the way you made the USB installer might be the culprit here.

I wrote a step-by-step a while ago, for Yosemite. You can find it here. The method is the same, just the interface might be slightly different now (if you're doing the installer from El Capitan). If you're doing it from Yosemite, then it should be spot on.

Basically, you need to restore BaseSystem.dmg to your USB drive. After that, copy the Packages folder from the OS X Install ESD drive to the USB drive, into System -> Installation, removing the shortcut already present there.

Don't forget to copy-paste BaseSystem.chunklist file and the BaseSystem.dmg to the root of your USB drive.

After that, install the boot loader (for UEFI booting or legacy booting, depending on your needs), make the necessary changes into config.plist (if you need any) and give it a try. You could try, for example with and without Inject Nvidia in config.plist

Don't forget to add FakeSMC.kext (and other third-party kexts that you might want injected on boot) into Clover/kexts/10.11.