AppleRTC Patch Problem .

sameh0

47 posts in this topic

New test: fail :cry: .

when this happen .. in wake ?

Not sure. CMOS reset is going when I try to restart the OS.

Sleep\wake works fine, but little bit strange.

Sleep:

• the computer goes to sleep about 30 seconds; 

Wake:

• If I press a keyboard button once  - fans are lights up, but the screen is asleep. After near 1 minute - PC goes back to slep.
  • If I press a keyboard button twice or press any buttons on the mouse - PC waking normally.

New test: fail :cry: .

Not sure. CMOS reset is going when I try to restart the OS.

Sleep\wake works fine, but little bit strange.

Sleep:

• the computer goes to sleep about 30 seconds; 

Wake:

• If I press a keyboard button once  - fans are lights up, but the screen is asleep. After near 1 minute - PC goes back to slep.
  • If I press a keyboard button twice or press any buttons on the mouse - PC waking normally.

why do not you use the Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext, the driver works well on my system, I have never problems with CMOS-reset

Although the driver is old but it does its job as it should.

I was trying several variants of kexts and patches, but only one have to work at now: link.

Simultaneously, there is one problem with this kext:  one of my SSD (spec., SandForce)  do not determined in the system after waking.

And I can't see the disk in the BIOS during the next reboot. To fix this problem I need to disconnect the power supply from disk and plug it again in a while. 

There is no problem with Windows, but in El Capitan there is  :cry: .

I hope that the variant of editing DSDT is more reliable and effective.

The config.plist is the same as the one attached in your signature? What method are you using to achieve audio (I need the layout-id)? What's the resolution of your monitor? What kext have you installed and where?

Config.plist is absolutely the same as one in signature. There are kext installed in my system:

• /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
    • AppleRTC.kext (temporary installed, source: link)

• AtherosL1eEthernet.kext

• FakeSMC.kext

• /Volumes/MacOS/System/Library/Extensions/

• AppleHDA.kext (in attachment)

Audio is enabled by kext AppleHDA.kext.
About screens: I have 2 monitors, witch are connected to gtx 970 by: 1)  DP and 2) DVI through the HDMI. The resolution are 1920*1080 and 1600*1200.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Ok, got it. Are you sure you have no HDAEnabler? Because I don't see any Audio injection either in the DSDT nor  in config. plist.

By the way. Download the archive and first use ( just unzip, don't rename anything) "DSDT.aml 2" and the "config.plist 2" that you have to complete with your data in the "--cleared--" fields. If all is working fine you can try to use the files in the ALC1200 folder to achieve audio in a better manner.
Make a copy of the working kext you are using (patched AppleHDA and HDAEnabler I supposed)and delete it from S/L/E. Install in the same position, with yout preferred method, the attached original AppleHDA and the aDummyHDA, replace DSDT and config with that in the ALC1200 folder, reboot and control in "System information / Audio if the audio is correctly recognized", then go in "System preferences / Sound" and enable the right output for your speakers.
If there are no audio devices (Output/Input) try deleting aDummyHDA and installing DummyHDA (same kext but renamed)and retry.
This audio injection method should survive every update, no need to reinstall kext

EDIT: no need of Patched AppleRTC, reinstall the original one.

Archivio.zip

AppleRTC 10.11.4.zip

• Like 1

Unbelievable! Audio and Sleep are working with original kexts. Reboot have done without CMOS reset! 

Behaviour of sleep and wake seems like this post, but that's not a big deal. 

Big THANK for Your help and time! 

====

Update: but my sandforce SSD is still dying at reboot. :cry:

Your issue need more investigation.

To achieve a list of all kext do the following:

open terminal and execute this command:

ls -a /System/Library/Extensions

Go to "Shell" and click on "Export text with name"

do the same with:

ls -a /Library/Extensions

Post the results

Set the bios as in this link.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285875-guida-installazione-mountain-lion-su-asus-p5q-pro-turbo/

it is in italian but easy to understand (the settings are the ones highlighted in red).

Take a look at "System preferences / Energy saver" and control that only "Put the harddisk to sleep......." is selected

Try sleep with only one monitor, keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all the rest.

I have disconnected all of other devices.

There are external devices, witch connected  at the moment: one monitor (in DP), mouse, wireless keyboard.

The first attempt of the test is fail: there is no sandforce SSD in BIOS detected :(.

Trying to change Repost video setting and repeat the test.

===

ADD: 

I have no setting with "Repost video on S3 resume"= No.

Only variants are: "S1 (POS) only", "S3 only" and "Auto".

There is variant "S1 only" selected.