ACPI Kernel Panic on Boot After Clover Update from Yosemite

2 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone!

I upgraded directly from the appstore and everything installed with pretty much no trouble at all, but once the installation completed and I get to the point where I should be just booting to the drive where El Cap was just installed too but no matter what I try I get a kernel panic "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".../IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665"

A quick google search shows that this is not an uncommon KP, but the most common causes are a bad DSDT file which I'm not using at all, and to uncheck one of the fixes in the config.plist file for clover. I've tried both the config.plist I was using on Yosemite which did have a few fixes selected, as well as a new config.plist I used when booting to the El Cap installer which removed all of them. I did look in S/L/E and I do not have a kext for "IOPlatformExpert" so I'm not sure if maybe that's all I'm missing or not..

Running a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 with most recent UEFI bios (clover was installed UEFI) along with a PNY NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1 GB video card.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

post-949782-0-59329100-1443790357_thumb.jpg