Topic Special 5960x / 10.11 Elcapitan

samtimbaud

12 posts in this topic

hi all,

Somebody succeded fresh install of Elcapitan with a 5960x?

I used clover but i have always PCIconfigurationbegin until 3s then reboot for arrived again on clover page.

i changed the famous Kext necessary for 5960X, i rebuilded cache.

do you have an idea?

Thanks.

S.

PS: otherwise my System works like charm on Yosemite 10.10.5

• Like 1

Hey guys you need use the same trick that used with yosemite. Install el capitan with iMac13,2 smbios on another computer. change the kext and rebuild the cache then put the disk on X99 hackintosh. If doesn't works I don't think that it's possible run el capitan on 5960x cpu

• 3 weeks later...

While I appreciate the help, I'm not sure I could return to Cham after using Clover all this time.  Not only that but it appears that installer is for Yosemite, and I'm looking for help with El Capitan with a 5960X 8-core which is all a breed of its own.  I suppose I should have included that in my question...

• 2 weeks later...

You may have no choice, 5960x has many issues with Clover. Its just a bootloader anyhow, if it works why not use it.

Yeah I misread dude's post... mistook the chameleon logo in his avatar as him promoting Cham.  I'm one of those people who would rather it work the way I want it to or not at all (or at least wait for a fix).  UEFI booting is the only way in my book.