OS X El Capitan 10.11 is out ...

Wayang-NT

36 posts in this topic

i dont know how to download full installer ! My download just 1GB, im on El Captial GM

Apple won't let you do that.  First upgrade then after it will let you download full version!!  So if you had GM and the upgrade is around 1GB that proves there were changes from GM to final.  Are you sure what you downloaded is not 10.11.1 beta?

Edited:

Correction, if its minor update for example, 10.10.4 to 10.10.5 you have to update then Apple Store will let you download the full installer, if one is available.  If its a major version change for example 10.10 to 10.11 then you are correct it will download the full installer, mine was 6.06gb.  You must  have downloaded the 10.11.1 beta!!

Cloned the Mavericks install on my X79 and upgraded to 10.11. Upgrade went fine. Had to update MenuMeters but so far everything else seems to be working fine. I'll dig a little deeper tomorrow and if it's stays well I'll do a clean install and migrate data.

• Like 1

Cloned the Mavericks install on my X79 and upgraded to 10.11. Upgrade went fine. Had to update MenuMeters but so far everything else seems to be working fine. I'll dig a little deeper tomorrow and if it's stays well I'll do a clean install and migrate data.

Hi Riley,

Great to hear you can install without a hitch.  My X79-Deluxe does have the option to disable USB3 ASMedia Hi powered for battery, Front and Rear but there is a message in Bios that says even though I disabled USB3 rear some ports may still remain active.  I have no idea why but this is why I still get a kernel panic.  The only thing that prevents the panic and gives me fully functional but only USB2 (black ports) is the SSDT by RampageDev and the DummyUSBHXCI.kext from the EL Capitan USB fix thread.  Everything else works, Ethernet, Audio, Built in WIfi/bt, power management and sleep/wake.  I have the 12 core intel ivy bridge processor i7-2697 v2.

It looks more and more to me that apple is going to add specific usb / machine specific info to prevent hacks from running 100% as macs. The next release(s) after these will reveal a tightening noose of the match to machine id to physical attributes. I think it is unquestionable of what is going on with the beta versions USB specs changing constantly. It will so be only very specific mobos and very sharp developers will be the last ones using hacks. I can see it now has one who has been running hacintoshes for the last 7 years - the empire is striking back. It is now getting beyond a simple n00b to setup one of these systems.

The Sky Is Falling!! The Sky Is Falling!!  :jester:

Apple couldn't care less about hackint0sh. Usb changes are from new specs for usb-c and since there is many models to support before that its more complex.

You think usb is bad? Try having an amd gpu :P

• Like 2