Looking to make custom DSDT for SuperMicro X10DRG

DonDonnelly

11 posts in this topic

In the past I've used stock "approved" configs with good results. I've decided to dive in a bit deeper with a massive build on a SuperMicro 7048GR-TR (x10DRG mobo) and it seems I'll need a custom DSDT just to boot the 10.10.5 installer. 

I'm definitely new to making a custom DSDT and would greatly appreciate any assistance, even just a direction to go in. I've pulled the existing DSDT and SSDT via Clover, however for simplicity I've removed the 3x nVidia gtx 980ti, just the 960 is installed, not sure if that makes a difference...

origin.zip

Nice, the system does not stop at "PCI Confugiration begin" now you need make a rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext, then repair the disk permissions and start again with: -v -f npci=0x3000 .......

the graphics card can patching later, is not a problem but the system should boot with the rollback  Google for a rollback.

good luck!

In the past I've used stock "approved" configs with good results. I've decided to dive in a bit deeper with a massive build on a SuperMicro 7048GR-TR (x10DRG mobo) and it seems I'll need a custom DSDT just to boot the 10.10.5 installer. 

I'm definitely new to making a custom DSDT and would greatly appreciate any assistance, even just a direction to go in. I've pulled the existing DSDT and SSDT via Clover, however for simplicity I've removed the 3x nVidia gtx 980ti, just the 960 is installed, not sure if that makes a difference...

GTX 960 update OSX 10.10 and i have attachment config.plist ? and GTX 960 use nvdia web driver 

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

After a few more days of trial and error, I've managed to extract my ACPI tables via Ubuntu. I've removed all errors and warnings, however I don't know which patches to apply as I can't find anything related to this configuration. 

Attached are my cleaned .dsl, PCI Reg, and a screenshot of where the system hangs/reboots.

Archive.zip