Help Required

AAO12100

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

It's been a while since I last attempted to install OS X on some hardware and in honesty I'm confused about what to do with an AMD cpu

If someone could help me identify which bootloader and kexts to use etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

Specs:

CPU - AMD FX-6350 

GPU - Gainward GTX 660 2GB

Motherboard - MSI 970 Gaming - http://www.msi.com/p...l#hero-overview

RAM - 8GB of assorted budget DDR3 RAM

I'm hoping to run the latest release of OS X which I believe at present is 10.10.5

Again , thank you for any help given

To successfully install OS X on your machine, it is very important to adjust the BIOS settings correctly for OS X.

There are several how-to for your motherboard, use the google search engine, regardless how describe the how-to's, first you need to set the BIOS Settings to default, save the settings and re-start your system, then boot into BIOS, then set the SATA-Mode to AHCI etc. ....google for the correctly bios settings..

use Enoch bootloader ver. r2770 or Clover bootloader or Chameleon bootloader.

Your system will work with Yosemite 10.10.5, use the kernel above under download.

install the following drivers into folder /Extra/

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, RealtekRTL81xx.kext

For tweaking you have to look for solutions, here on insaneleymac.

try with this bootflag to start OS X: -v -f kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No

If you have any questions, then use this help toppic:

• Like 1