Long term sleep issue on otherwise working system (Clover)

Adventuro-3

4 posts in this topic

My system will not currently wake from a long sleep. Everything else seems to work, including short periods of sleep. After a longer period of sleep, the computer seems to start at first, fans go, hard drive starts to spin, but then everything stops. The display never shows anything but black. To get out of this requires that I power down from the PSU for about 30 seconds before starting again. After the PSU reset, everything works as normal and boots quickly and properly. There is no message in OS X after this reboot to indicate that it is aware of any problem at all.

Is it possible to test long term sleep without waiting several hours? Any suggestions on a solution to my problem?

Hardware:

Processor: i7 2600

Memory: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport

Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

System drive: 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

Other HDDs: 500 Gb (Old startup disk, now for backup), 2 TB Storage drive

Graphics card: EGVA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Other: Inateck KT4006 USB 3.0 PCI-E card

Software Related:

Mac OS 10.10.5

Clover 3259 Bootloader (see attached config text file)

NVIDIA Web Driver installed and working properly (as far as I can tell)

This Kext: Patched AppleUSBXHCI v710.4.11 (10.10.5)  which fixed my USB 3.0 issues

BIOS version U1c, Settings:

VT-d disabled

Init display first: PEG

Internal graphics: Disabled

Internal graphics standby mode: Disabled

PLL overvoltage: Disabled

Wake on LAN: Disabled

UEFI Only Boot (Or UEFI and Legacy Boot – doesn’t seem to matter)

XHCI and EHCI: Enabled

Sleep settings are as follows from the terminal:

Computer:~ Username$ pmset -g

Active Profiles:

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

hibernatemode 0

disksleep 10

womp 0

networkoversleep 0

sleep 15

Sleep On Power Button 0

ttyskeepawake 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

autorestart 0

gpuswitch 2

displaysleep 15

After doing quite a bit of research, I have tried several solutions which is why the BIOS is in its current configuration. I have also tried darkwake=8 and am currently in the process of testing darkwake=0. So far, nothing has fixed the problem. Also, after the restart, the drives seem to load in random order. That is, sometimes my startup drive is listed as disk0, other times as disk1 or disk2. Is this a related issue, or something I don’t need to be concerned about?

I suppose I could try a fresh install, but I would really rather like to figure out what the problem is without doing this.

Clover Config.txt

It's maybe related to your graphics card. Can you try another card?

That could be the case, but I do not have another graphics card to try. This card has worked perfectly through OS 10.7 and 10.8 (I skipped 10.9), but with the Chimera boot loader. I wanted to try Clover and a fresh install for OS 10.10.

I tried with internal graphics, another psu, and removing all except one hard drive. Things got worse. I couldn't even boot from my previous backup. I just gave up and bought a new system. I may try again with the Z68 after getting my new rig to work.