Blank Screen when booting into windows 7 from Clover.

Bdog79

1 post in this topic

I have a dual boot machine.  10.10.5 on my SSD and Windows 7 installed UEFI on a GPT partitioned HDD.  Part of the Windows HDD is NTFS and the rest is HFS+.

This started when I upgraded my OS X from Mavericks to Yosi and therefore my bootloader from Chimera to Clover.   Clover boots into OS X without any issues.  I do have nvda_drv=1 selected in clover configurator and the latest web drivers to fix my shutdown issue.  The problem arises when I try to boot into Windows 7.  Selecting the Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu EFI option from Clover boots into a blank screen.  I get the Windows splash screen then just a blank screen.  But booting into my Windows 7 HDD from my BIOS boot menu boots fine.  I did some trial and error and it seems to be my nvidia GE Force 740 graphic drivers.  When I uninstall the drivers I am able to boot into my Windows install via clover without issue.  Re-installing the latest web drivers causes the black screen issue again.  The issue is that I use my Windows primarily for gaming and without the graphic drivers, my Windows is basically useless to me.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be going on?  I assumed that the Clover is just acting as a shell to direct me to the Windows UEFI boot drivers that would be on the Windows EFI partition.  But Clover must be doing something more as everything works fine when booting from the BIOS boot menu.  Is there something that I need to add to the Clover boot folder to help it boot to my Windows with no graphics issues?

Thanks for any assistance.