OSx Yosemite on VMWare Workstation 12 pro

Sresty

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

i've been using osx on vmware workstation 11 for a while. All of a sudden, it started showing me some random kernel error message. I've re-installed vmware and gets stuck at boot screen halfway. I've also tried to upgrade to workstation 12 pro, but still i find the problem. I've tried editing smc.preset="FALSE" in .vmx file. Same situation. Help me out guys. Got some important data inside.

post-1579868-0-81743500-1442914217_thumb.png

post-1579868-0-41408700-1442914219_thumb.png

post-1579868-0-63202800-1442914220_thumb.png

Hello guys,

i've been using osx on vmware workstation 11 for a while. All of a sudden, it started showing me some random kernel error message. I've re-installed vmware and gets stuck at boot screen halfway. I've also tried to upgrade to workstation 12 pro, but still i find the problem. I've tried editing smc.preset="FALSE" in .vmx file. Same situation. Help me out guys. Got some important data inside.

If you have re-installed or upgraded you need to re-run the unlocker as the changes get overridden. Also ensure smc.present = "TRUE " and smc.version = "0" are set in the vmx file

did you upgrade the hardware compatibility from workstation 11.0 virtual machine to workstation 12.0 virtual machine? 
If you did then it might stop working correctly what i did was just make a new virtual machine on hardware compatibility 12 and it worked perfecet on mavericks, yosemite and el capitan (upgrade from mavericks to el capitan) 

i also downloaded the latest darwin from her:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/31-vmware-tools-for-os-x-darwiniso/
Direct link http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/ '

i have smc.present = "TRUE" never changed it since i didnt need to and of course smc.version = 0

i use vmare workstation 12 pro

Edit: i updated 5 machines from 11 to 12 hardware compatibility bad idea :D thank god its just my test machines so i really don't care just takes time to re-install them :D