[pre-release] OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

blackosx

104 posts in this topic

For me it still occurs now and then. Especially if I had not booted into El Cap for a day or more. Re-boot usually fixes it but wondering if it was the update or a Clover issue? (is it a legacy quirk? but I see some of you running EFI).

I did not notice it with 10.11 GM candidate though hard to say since the .1 update was soon after.

Update: of course now that I said it, it is happening more often.   :wallbash:

Something very strange is going on in my system. Everything is yellow, orange and blue.  :blink:

Inverted colors. Maybe Apple wants to introduce this iOS feature that no one uses into Mac OS, as well? :))

You mean like THIS ?

But not happening on every boot for me. seems random,

Same here.

Reading all your posts, this looks more and more like a glitch in the matrix than anything else.

I'm pretty sure it started after new "OsxAptioFixDrv".

Never happened before.

I'm not sure when did that start. I had OsxAptioFixDrv-2 before, with Clover 3270 or 3272 (I don't remember right now) and I didn't have that issue with PB6. However it did start after upgrading to GM and 10.11.1 Beta. Problem is, I upgraded both pretty much at the same time, so I can't be sure if it was starting with GM, or with the 10.11.1 Beta 1. What I know for sure is that it didn't happen with PB6 and before. So, was it from the GM or 10.11.1? I don't know. Too many variables. :))

By the way, we can always try an older version of Clover to confirm this theory, right?

The new OsxAptioFixDrv (with the latest 'fixes') uses out-of-range memory, so that really might be it. maybe write attempts somehow end up in the frame buffer, EDID or whatever? :P

Yeah, it seems like that latest change by okrasit that Slice accepted was a bad one...

I went back to my original change and backed out the okrasit work...

Speedy-OSX:Clover RehabMan$ svn diff
Index: OsxAptioFixDrv/OsxAptioFixDrv.c
===================================================================
--- OsxAptioFixDrv/OsxAptioFixDrv.c	(revision 3276)
+++ OsxAptioFixDrv/OsxAptioFixDrv.c	(working copy)
@@ -48,12 +48,9 @@
 CONST CHAR8* CloverRevision = REVISION_STR;

-// defines the size of block that will be allocated for kernel image relocation,
-//   without RT and MMIO regions
-// rehabman - Increase the size for ElCapitan to 128Mb 0x8000
-// stinga11 - 0x6000
-// okrasit - revert to 0x4000
-#define KERNEL_BLOCK_NO_RT_SIZE_PAGES	0x4000
+// without RT and MMIO regions
+//rehabman - Increase the size for ElCapitan to 128Mb
+#define KERNEL_BLOCK_NO_RT_SIZE_PAGES	0x8000

// TRUE if we are doing hibernate wake
 BOOLEAN gHibernateWake = FALSE;
@@ -280,8 +277,8 @@
 		UpperAddr = *Memory + EFI_PAGES_TO_SIZE(NumberOfPages);

// check if the requested mem can be served from reloc block
-    //if (UpperAddr >= EFI_PAGES_TO_SIZE(gRelocSizePages)) {
-    if (NumberOfPages >= gRelocSizePages) {
+    if (UpperAddr >= EFI_PAGES_TO_SIZE(gRelocSizePages)) {
+    //if (NumberOfPages >= gRelocSizePages) {
 			// no - exceeds our block - signal error
 			Print(L"OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block\n");
 			Print(L"Requested mem: %lx - %lx, Pages: %x, Size: %lx\n",

Yeah, it seems like that latest change by okrasit that Slice accepted was a bad one...

It is definitely a bad change... but I'm not sure how that could be related to graphics glitches, was more of a joke. Is it even possible, that the frame buffer is mapped after the relocation block, so that AptioFix actually writes to it? Well, I don't suggest anyone to use that new AptioFix anyway, as it's performing illegal memory writes, so rollback and see if it gets fixed!

Also, after about 4 days, still no reaction from okrasit or Slice to my remark in the Clover ticket and/or in the forum post I noted there is an issue. I guess if there is no response soon, I will just commit a rollback.

EDIT: Heard about that issue from an Ozmosis user and Ozmosis does not have this change from okrasit of course. So, wrong way I guess. :)

EDIT: Heard about that issue from an Ozmosis user and Ozmosis does not have this change from okrasit of course. So, wrong way I guess. :)

Might be somehow related to Clover though. Yesterday I reverted to Clover 3259, to test your theory about OsXAptioFixDrv changes. And, at least so far, I didn't encounter that issue anymore. More testing is to come. But, so far, I don't have that issue anymore.

Might be somehow related to Clover though. Yesterday I reverted to Clover 3259, to test your theory about OsXAptioFixDrv changes. And, at least so far, I didn't encounter that issue anymore. More testing is to come. But, so far, I don't have that issue anymore.

I just boot With the latest r3277 and at the first boot collor change Yellow  :(

Second reboot all ok  :yes:

Edit ** Only El Capitan GM 

What irritates me is that these updates are coming without changelog.  :(

http://betanews.com/2015/09/22/apple-releases-os-x-10-11-1-el-capitan-public-beta-1-heres-whats-new/

If you want to check all the Emojis available in OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan, hit the control, command and space keys at the same time to reveal the Emoji panel.

• Like 1

I just boot With the latest r3277 and at the first boot collor change Yellow  :(

Second reboot all ok  :yes:

Edit ** Only El Capitan GM

Instaled. The problem of colors still here. 

Other than that, no problems.

Could you guys try Clover 3259, as well, and report back? I don't seem to have any more issues with that one.

In the meantime, I'm gonna try the update and report back myself (if I can find the update...).