Enabling PS/2 Support for Desktop Motherboards?

shrieken213

5 posts in this topic

So I got a new keyboard last week and one of its main features is n-key rollover. It's only enabled through PS/2 input, so I want to make that work, but most of the information regarding PS/2 refers to laptop keyboards and trackpads.

I have the Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 with an i7-4790K and GTX 770, both overclocked. It runs the latest version of vanilla Yosemite and Clover. The keyboard works perfectly within Clover and Windows 10.

So far I tried the two main PS/2 kexts: RehabMan's VoodooPS2 and ApplePS2Controller (whose source I cannot find). VoodooPS2 and its daemon were installed properly with permissions fixed and kernel cache rebuilt. On reboot, the computer instantly kernel panics upon loading the kext.

While ApplePS2Controller loads, it is unable to recognize the PS/2 controller properly and fails to connect the keyboard. It does not KP, though.

And it's not an issue with the keyboard for sure. It works via USB (without NKRO, which is what I want), and PS/2 plug-and-play in Windows. It's just making the board's PS/2 controller play nice with OS X.

Any idea on how to achieve this? I'll post a screenshot of the KP when I get a chance.

• 4 weeks later...

Try these two kexts,

attachicon.gifPS2.zip

Nope, didn't work.

I switched to the Maximus VII Gene, and PS/2 doesn't work with it either.

I'm installing the kexts into Clover so I can use the keyboard in single-user mode when necessary, but it doesn't work even when I stick them in SLE or manually load them with kextload.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I made a little progress in getting the kext to recognize the PS/2 controllers. The CID for the devices PS2K and PS2M did not match those found in both PS2 kexts. They were changed to PNP0303 and PNP030B respectively. Now the ApplePS2Controller.kext that you linked recognizes the controller properly and creases a PS/2 keyboard device tree in IOJones when the keyboard is plugged in.

However, I can't type anything at all. I'll try VoodoPS2Controller in a bit to see if that changes anything.

• 2 weeks later...