No graphics / USB / Audio after wake

anor4k

586 posts in this topic

@parabol

The only problem with your link is, that the OP uploaded them to rapidshare, which is not working anymore.

I created a list with every iMac, MacBook, MacMini and MacPro i could find which has AMD Graphics, so it's easier to find the needed DSDT dumps (thanks to everymac.com):

iMac 15,1

iMac 11,2

iMac 11,3

iMac 12,1

iMac 12,2

MacBookPro 11,5

MacMini 5,2

MacPro 6,1

MacPro 3,1

MacPro 5,1

I hope this may help a bit.

-theandy

iMac 10,1 has ATI card option also...i use 10,1 for my workstation...

ACPI and ioregistry Dumps for many models here: http://tdev.me/2010/12/apple-hardware-dumps/

MacPro 6.1 uses a pci-e ati card 6xxx and iMac 12,2 uses intel hd + amd mobile card.

I tried to compare acpi tables from MP6,1 with mine, i found some method about power and sleep.

i didn't test it yet. Tonight i will try to inject it.

Method (PWRD, 1, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        If (Arg0)
                        {
                            Store (0x01, LNKD)
                            Sleep (0x64)
                            Return (0x00)
                        }
                        Else
                        {
                            Store (0x00, LNKD)
                            Store (0x0A, Local0)
                            While (LAnd (LNotEqual (LTRN, 0x00), LGreater (Local0, 0x00)))
                            {
                                Sleep (0x0A)
                                Decrement (Local0)
                            }

If (LNotEqual (DLAC, 0x01))
                            {
                                Return (0x01)
                            }

If (LEqual (LSTS, 0x10))
                            {
                                Return (0x00)
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                Return (0x01)
                            }
                        }

I tried to compare acpi tables from MP6,1 with mine, i found some method about power and sleep.

Method (PWRD, 1, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        If (Arg0)
                        {
                            Store (0x01, LNKD)
                            Sleep (0x64)
                            Return (0x00)
                        }
                        Else
                        {
                            Store (0x00, LNKD)
                            Store (0x0A, Local0)
                            While (LAnd (LNotEqual (LTRN, 0x00), LGreater (Local0, 0x00)))
                            {
                                Sleep (0x0A)
                                Decrement (Local0)
                            }

If (LNotEqual (DLAC, 0x01))
                            {
                                Return (0x01)
                            }

If (LEqual (LSTS, 0x10))
                            {
                                Return (0x00)
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                Return (0x01)
                            }
                        }

Tried to insert it into PCI0 -> PEG0 in my DSDT.

Got 3 Errors: "Object does not exist" for LSTS, DLAC and LTRN

Maybe someone knows what these objects are. If they just have another name, we can rename them, if they have no equivalent in our DSDTs maybe we can try to find out what they return on original macs, so we can create dummy variables to mimic the values and get wakeup working.

All this only IF!!! this Method in the original DSDT is even related to the problem we currently face.

-theandy

EDIT:

Looked into some of the DSDTs, P0P2 is the Device equivalent to our PEG0 or what else you have for Graphics. Difference to my DSDT, P0P2 has PRW (inserting PRW into my PEG0 brought no errors, but also didn't help, still no screen after wake).

And there is always a Sub Device GFX0 which also contains PRW. The content of GFX0 differs from DSDT to DSDT (for instance MacMini 5,2 and iMac 12,1).

What can we do to help you out? I don't have much experience with dsdt/ssdt entries...i don't know too if this is the right direction to search for...

There can be a help if someone occasionally got a success and report what he did.

Or some developer/hacker make full analysis and explain what is happen.

Looks like Tahiti and Pitcairn cards are not affected as these are supported by Apple. They don't need the cail_properties tweak either.

I'm not so sure about that. My Radeon HD 7850 is Pitcairn and it worked fine in Mavericks and Yosemite but I'm getting the same problem while waking from sleep on El Cap.

Looks like Tahiti and Pitcairn cards are not affected as these are supported by Apple. They don't need the cail_properties tweak either.

My Turks is also supported by Apple. It used in iMac12,2 as I set.

No matter, it will not awake while native iMac did.

It may be a big problem that Apple make SMC access through SRAM instead of legacy method used in FakeSMC and just blocked hackintoshes.

It may be a big problem that Apple make SMC access through SRAM instead of legacy method used in FakeSMC and just blocked hackintoshes.

So what, just emulate that also.

I also think, that it's a bug, or why is it, that NVIDIA and some AMD Cards work flawlessly?

Face it: as long as all cards on real Mac hardware work, what's the bug?

Just as HD4600 works on real macs, but has bugs on Hackintosh Laptops.

Or the graphics glitches on bootup we experience with hd3000, hd4000 and some nvidia cards.

All this is because of a bug, considering our perspective, from the viewpoint of a real mac there is no bug, because everything works.

It's a hackintosh specific bug.

-theandy

I have 6870 and sleep/wake worked right after I upgraded to El Capitan while the shutdown doesn't work (always restart instead of shutdown). I then upgraded FakeSMC and move all kexts from /S/L/E/ to Clover/kexts/Others/ this resolved my shutdown (rebooting) problem, but my sleep/wake had the problem described in this thread. I tried to revert back the FakeSMC which make sleep problem even wrose (restart right after wake).

I suspect this problem might be related to something changed in FakeSMC, my older one is from Mountain Lion time which worked perfectly until El Capitan released. I don't really have time to try different versions of FakeSMC, but I just want to give my 0.02c that we might looked in the wrong direction before.

I have 6870 and sleep/wake worked right after I upgraded to El Capitan while the shutdown doesn't work (always restart instead of shutdown). I then upgraded FakeSMC and move all kexts from /S/L/E/ to Clover/kexts/Others/ this resolved my shutdown (rebooting) problem, but my sleep/wake had the problem described in this thread. I tried to revert back the FakeSMC which make sleep problem even wrose (restart right after wake).

I suspect this problem might be related to something changed in FakeSMC, my older one is from Mountain Lion time which worked perfectly until El Capitan released. I don't really have time to try different versions of FakeSMC, but I just want to give my 0.02c that we might looked in the wrong direction before.

Did you write down the version of fakeSMC? Did you checked the content of fakeSMC for plugins? etc? Be precise when doing such things, otherwise it's just a blind testing without actual knowledge.

Please note, that reboot/shutdown etc issues are often solved by using properly patched DSDT. 

There is a light change, that some sort of additional method is required in DSDT to fix AMD wake issue on El Capitan.

Not true, I have the same problem with Radeon R9 280X graphics card (About Mac: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB; DPCIManager: 1002, 6798, 1787, 3001, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI], Tahiti XT [Radeon HD 7970]).

It's some sort of "bug", which Apple developers didn't notice, as Mac's firmware might have some extras, which we miss on hakcintoshes.

Btw, issue is not unique to hackintoshes only, as I read several threads about Genuine Mac' having similar issues after upgrade to El Capitan. I will try find those threads again and post here links.

sbursik

Jun 16, 2015 7:31 AM(in response to iamvoldemort)

I am having the same issue with my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). It goes to sleep and sometimes it will wake back up but most of the time I have to hold down the power button and do a hard reset.

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

I have this line in system.log after wake up. System working and system.log is saving, I just have black screen and force to shutdown before look into logs.

Sep 23 21:46:32 iMac kernel[0]: ATIFramebufferNI::setPowerState(0x7c2347df02f8a781, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45910 ms

see, there is a framebuffer problem.

I also got a report from real iMac12,2 with the same TURKS Radeon. There is no such problem and real Mac can wake with this card.

On my hack error is little different than yours:

ATIFramebufferSI::setPowerState

Upgraded to 10.11.1b4 (15B38b) to see if it'd help and it did not.

I don't think it's relevant to a FakeSMC upgrade because I did not perform one before the issue started happening.

I can't even launch a Screenshare connection to the machine from a different computer after sleep.

Did you write down the version of fakeSMC? Did you checked the content of fakeSMC for plugins? etc? Be precise when doing such things, otherwise it's just a blind testing without actual knowledge.

Please note, that reboot/shutdown etc issues are often solved by using properly patched DSDT. 

There is a light change, that some sort of additional method is required in DSDT to fix AMD wake issue on El Capitan.

Not true, I have the same problem with Radeon R9 280X graphics card (About Mac: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 3072 MB; DPCIManager: 1002, 6798, 1787, 3001, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI], Tahiti XT [Radeon HD 7970]).

It's some sort of "bug", which Apple developers didn't notice, as Mac's firmware might have some extras, which we miss on hakcintoshes.

Btw, issue is not unique to hackintoshes only, as I read several threads about Genuine Mac' having similar issues after upgrade to El Capitan. I will try find those threads again and post here links.

I didn't note down the version of FakeSMC but I can check when I am back home, and my shutdown/restart issue is not DSDT related (at least I think so) since I have my DSDT patched long time back and the same DSDT.aml worked in Lion/Mountain Lion/Maverick and Yosemite flawlessly.