No graphics / USB / Audio after wake

anor4k

586 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a new desktop and i installed El Capitan. I have sleep/wake up issue also with Ati Radeon HD6790. Works only if i set integrated graphics how default in BIOS, but at boot i have to use another monitor for to see clover bootloader. I'm waiting for the solution or i'll try Mavericks. 

I don't know, it doesn't seem like we're ever going to find a fix for this. Even if you're on a platform without integrated video, like 1366 or 2011, Radeon 6000 - 7000 still doesn't work with sleep. Maybe time to switch back to nvidia.

Well, I said that the anomaly stays even when IGPU is removed from the DSDT and the system completely. This clearly indicates that the problem is not in IGPU but in AMD drivers, or more precisely in AMDRadeonX3000 & 4000 kexts, and in AppleGraphicsControl.kext too. If we discover where is the problem on the code level, I think that we will be able to fix it...

However, It'll take time, that's for sure.  :(

• Like 1

I have R9 390 and monitor does not want to wake from sleep, when I wake the PC from sleep.

Tried safe mode but same thing happens.

I am having other issue with this GPU in OSX El Capitan, screen flicker that occurs sometimes, monitor goes black randomly and rebooting PC is needed to make it show picture again.

I was googling and I found something interesting. There was a similiar issue with AMD 7XXX cards, and what's fixed it was to edit PM options in AMDRadeonX4000.kext Info.plist, so I think it's like @Vlada. said. Unfortunately there aren't any cail_options for Hawaii cards, at least not any that we are aware of. I tried to mess with aty_properties in the Info.plist of AMD8000Controller.kext with no luck either. What's for sure, they added a {censored}load of control variables to AMD kexts. Maybe the way to go is to try different configurations in Info.plist?

Now since using 10.11.2 I have much bigger problems than just wake not working.
Console gives me sometimes: WindowServer[163]: GPU Driver appears to be hung (over 5 continuous seconds of unreadiness)

And the screen freezes. Sometimes it will react after a short time, but sometimes i have to restart my computer.

Greets
theandy

Small update. I rollbacked (Yosemite version) following kexts:

AMD8000Controller.kext

AMDFramebuffer.kext

AMDSupport.kext

AppleGraphicsControl.kext

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

I guess it's possible, that for some people with R9 290's sleep will work - unfortunately I hadn't the opportunity to test sleep, since my R9 390 is glitching like hell on Yosemite kexts, aswell as on clean Yosemite 10.10.5 install.. It just glitches for a while and gives me a black screen. Maybe this is because my R9 390 is OC'd version with 1050MHz on GPU clock.

Just try it @Slice - for me it loaded without any problems, but if I loaded AMDRadeonX4000.kext from 10.10, few kexts had failed dependencies. Just extract kexts I listed from Yose installer, install by Kext Utility and it should work.

Just try it @Slice - for me it loaded without any problems, but if I loaded AMDRadeonX4000.kext from 10.10, few kexts had failed dependencies. Just extract kexts I listed from Yose installer, install by Kext Utility and it should work.

Slice is correct. These drivers are helping to run new El Capitan features. It's not possible to just "pull the tablecloth away". Since these GPUs work on real Macs, I think we have a real chance at fixing this problem and consequently making our Hackintoshes emulate Mac hardware even better. :D

I wish I had the time to do some research and help you guys out, but my hands are kind of tied, like most people here. So I wish Slice, Mieze & Co the best luck at fixing this problem. I'd also love to have sleep back again, but we have to wait for a real solution.

• Like 2

I have AMD 280 video card.  Do we can test anything to get some additional light in this case?

Did a clean install of 10.11.2 and system still does not wake.

The changes made by Apple are based on their chosen hardware configuration, which probably includes something, that shall be simulated to get wake back.

I have AMD 280 video card.  Do we can test anything to get some additional light in this case?

Three months we are trying different configurations in Info.plist.

There is no place for ordinary testing.

There is a place for real hackers.

There is no place for ordinary testing.

There is a place for real hackers.

Hi, thank you for response. Hacking or not hacking, it's impossible to become effective without systematic approach. This thread doesn't proof that there is any systematic approach applied. Of course I don't know what someone does behind his own desk. 

Yes, I don't have full days to "hack", which doesn't make those who doesn't have full days to investigate the issue, immediately useless. What are my options? To buy nvidia card for sure. Another option is to help a little, not just to wait and request the solution. 

Maybe to open some sort of git repository (bitbucket for example) with comments/issue support for more systematic approach to investigate the issue?

Guys this is the asm file decompiling AMD6000Controller: AMD6000Controller.asm.zip (decompressed is 270 Mb  :blink: )

There, lot of "wake" functions around the same object "NI40SharedController" (you can find it in the IO). 

Also Intresting seem to be:

int NI40SharedController::wakeInterrupts()() {
    rax = *(int8_t *)(rdi + 0x24c8);
    rax = rax >> 0x3 & 0x1;
    var_20 = rdi;
    if ((rax & 0x1) == 0x0) {
        rcx = *(var_20 + 0x2170);
        rax = (*(*rcx + 0x130))(rcx);
        var_11 = rax;
        rdx = *(var_20 + 0x2178);
        rdi = *rdx;
        rax = (*(rdi + 0x148))(rdx, rax, rdi, var_20);
        for (var_18 = 0x0; var_18 < (var_11 & 0xff); var_18 = var_18 + 0x1) {
            if (0x1 == (*(int8_t *)(*(var_20 + 0x2160) + sign_extend_64(var_18)) & 0x1 & 0xff)) {
                rcx = *(var_20 + 0x2170);
                rdx = *rcx;
                rdx = *(rdx + 0x1e8);
                var_10 = OSMetaClassBase::safeMetaCast((rdx)(rcx, var_18, rdx, rcx), *IOFBInterrupt::metaClass);
                if (var_10 != 0x0) {
                    IOFBInterrupt::enable(var_10);
                }
            }
        }
        rax = var_20;
        *(int8_t *)(rax + 0x24c8) = *(int8_t *)(rax + 0x24c8) & 0xf7 | 0x8;
    }
    return rax;
}

iRQ(s) looks like something to check (about IOFBInterrupt, but offcourse, don't know how to see it during an awake failure).

If you find something intresting I can produce more pseudo code

I have switched to a 280x and the wake from sleep issue is still here, but I don't use sleep so don't care.

Small update. I rollbacked (Yosemite version) following kexts:
AMD8000Controller.kext
AMDFramebuffer.kext
AMDSupport.kext
AppleGraphicsControl.kext
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

I guess it's possible, that for some people with R9 290's sleep will work - unfortunately I hadn't the opportunity to test sleep, since my R9 390 is glitching like hell on Yosemite kexts, aswell as on clean Yosemite 10.10.5 install.. It just glitches for a while and gives me a black screen. Maybe this is because my R9 390 is OC'd version with 1050MHz on GPU clock.

I had glitches and black screens with my R9 390 too, so probably it's not because yours is OC'd.

Now since using 10.11.2 I have much bigger problems than just wake not working.
Console gives me sometimes: WindowServer[163]: GPU Driver appears to be hung (over 5 continuous seconds of unreadiness)

And the screen freezes. Sometimes it will react after a short time, but sometimes i have to restart my computer.

Greets
theandy

What is  your GPU, Hawaii too I guess?

Hi!, Please can you explain a bit more? The sleep itself isnt the problem, the wake is problem. Does your comp wakes with 280?

Oops, I mean the monitor goes to sleep but does not wake up. *

Has anyone tried to unplug the monitor before putting PC to sleep, and connecting it again when PC has woken from sleep?

Oops, I mean the monitor goes to sleep but does not wake up. *

Has anyone tried to unplug the monitor before putting PC to sleep, and connecting it again when PC has woken from sleep?

Sure, there is no simple solution like this. Thousand peoples tested all possibilities.

There must be explanation what is happen and some programming trick to resolve this.