(Guide ) Asus P7P55D installation Yosemite with clover ( Succes)

Benjamin0789

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

Here are the few steps that is required too install yosemite on this board.

1. Making a Bootable USB using Clover (legacy mode)

Prepare a usb with the methods on this post :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305255-making-a-10101011-usb-installer-w-clover-uefi-and-legacy-the-correct-way/

2. Preparing the Bios

Main>Storage Configuration

• Configure SATA as > AHCI
  • Advanced>Onboard Devices Configuration
    • Marvell SATA Controller > AHCI Mode
    • Power
      • Suspend Mode > S3 Only

3.Booting into the installer 

Just plug in your usb and push F9 to go to the boot menu option then press enter on your usb device 

that brings you to the clover boot loader

From there use this simple bootflag to boot into yosemite : PCIRootUID=1 and press enter 

This will take you to the installer without any issues,

4.Preparing the Sata/HDD/ SSD/HDD / Installing Yosemite

1. Go to Utilities and open Disk Utility
  2. Select the drive that you want to install OS X 10.10 Yosemite on
    • Partition as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" with a "GUID Partition Map Table
  3. Install OS X 10.10 onto the newly partitioned drive
  4. Reboot after installation has completed and again boot back into the USB drive
  5. Highlight the drive that you just installed OS X onto and boot into it with bootflag : PCIRootUID=1
  6. Go thru the setup process and it will take you straigth to the desktop 

5.installing Clover and copying my Clover Folder.

1.Download clover http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/?source=directory and install it with the following settings :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f68abkbmh96gz6y/Clover%20%28%20EFI%20LEgacy%20Settings%29%20P7P55D.png?dl=0

Note# : as for themes i used AppleStyle but you can select anything but remember too adjust config.plist according your theme otherwise you get no theme for clover.

2.Now got to your yosemite hard drive and go to /Efi/ there you will find an folder called " Clover "  

Now download my clover folder and simply copy and paste it to replace the current clover folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/601ov3n5emr92vi/CLOVER%28P7P55D%29.zip?dl=0

6.Reboot and boot into your HDD and then You have installed Yosemite and Clover with Succes!!! 

.note#:

1.For GPU i used an AMD Radeon HD7850 with Full QE/CL and HDMI which worked ootb.

2.For Wireless i bougth this one :http://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Broadcom-BCM94360CD-wireless-wifi-802-11ac-Bluetooth-4-0-Card-For-Apple-Desktops-with-mini-pci/32262496911.html

3.For Wired Networking i just installed this kext RealtekRTL81xxx.kext v0.0.90

4.Sound works Ootb.(but i used an Audio interface anyway)

5.I have Flashed the Bios with > P7P55D Bios version 2003 from this link --

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1156/P7P55D/P7P55D-ASUS-2003.zip --- just put that file on a usb and go to the bios and then use the flash utility from within the bios to flash your bios.

6.I also Overclocked my cpu to 3.6,1 ghz and its working just great.

Thats it' 

If you have any questions regarding the install or post-install for this motherboard feel free too reply to this thread.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you for your guide,  My friend has the same board as you are.

His board is ASUS P7P55D-E LX

ATI Radeon HD 5670 Device ID 0x68D8

1. Does he has to start with Yosemite 10.10 or can he create a bootable usb for "osxupdcombo10.10.5.dmg" then do a clean installation? If not, how do you make update to 10.10.5?
  2. Based on your guide for usb bootable, he should use MBR (legacy mode)?
  3. Is this the only selection he should check for legacy mode? image from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305255-making-a-10101011-usb-installer-w-clover-uefi-and-legacy-the-correct-way/

STz8ADC.png

3. Do you think ATI Radeon HD 5670 Device ID 0x68D8 worked ootb?

4. How can I tell if my graphic card is Full QE/CL and HDMI?

4. What do you mean by you're using "Audio interface"? Is there a check mark in Clover for that?

Hi,

Thank you for your guide,  My friend has the same board as you are.

His board is ASUS P7P55D-E LX

ATI Radeon HD 5670 Device ID 0x68D8

1. Does he has to start with Yosemite 10.10 or can he create a bootable usb for "osxupdcombo10.10.5.dmg" then do a clean installation? If not, how do you make update to 10.10.5?
  2. Based on your guide for usb bootable, he should use MBR (legacy mode)?
  3. Is this the only selection he should check for legacy mode? image from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305255-making-a-10101011-usb-installer-w-clover-uefi-and-legacy-the-correct-way/

STz8ADC.png

3. Do you think ATI Radeon HD 5670 Device ID 0x68D8 worked ootb?

4. How can I tell if my graphic card is Full QE/CL and HDMI?

4. What do you mean by you're using "Audio interface"? Is there a check mark in Clover for that?

Hello,Great that you found this handy !

1.Yes he has to start with Yosemite downloaded thru mac app store

2.Yess if his board don't support Uefi then i needs to use the legacy method.

3 And that is correct for usb installer this is the required selection when installing clover on the hdd you also want to check write rc to target 

4.Yeah, my guess is that it will work ootb but i don't know certain cuz, you have 5-series and OS X supports it via the AMD5000Controller.kext

5.You can tell that by multiple things for instance : open dashboard and put in a widget when there is an effect when placing that widget you have QE/CL and when you don't have artefacts when opening the application folder from the dock in Folder and grid mode.

6.Yess an audio interface is an external interface plugged in via usb for example  making music with pro tools or logic pro for recording vocals.

Thank you for yours reply.  I can't get to bootflag.  When i'm on Clover screen, I press spacebar then i select single user mode. I type PCIRootUID=1 or even 0 or even GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I'm stuck at White Screen with a colorful spinning. Something about bluetooth controller missing. I google and delete all bluetooth kert in S/L/E still no luck. i will try again and report back.

Thank you for yours reply.  I can't get to bootflag.  When i'm on Clover screen, I press spacebar then i select single user mode. I type PCIRootUID=1 or even 0 or even GraphicsEnabler=Yes and I'm stuck at White Screen with a colorful spinning. Something about bluetooth controller missing. I google and delete all bluetooth kert in S/L/E still no luck. i will try again and report back.

you said installing yosemite right 

yosemite also need kext-dev-mode=1  and make sure clover is booting up with the version number of your os you can check that under CLOVER OPTIONS in the clover boot loader 

But i don't get it that you want to go with single user mode i suggest just skip that and boot with verbose mode 

and missing bluetooth controller has nothing to do with bluetooth it is the graphics card that is causing trouble 

and with my case when you reached a white screen with colourful spinning wheel it is going good just wait and it will bring you to the installer in my case that was it 

you said installing yosemite right 

yosemite also need kext-dev-mode=1  and make sure clover is booting up with the version number of your os you can check that under CLOVER OPTIONS in the clover boot loader 

But i don't get it that you want to go with single user mode i suggest just skip that and boot with verbose mode 

and missing bluetooth controller has nothing to do with bluetooth it is the graphics card that is causing trouble 

and with my case when you reached a white screen with colourful spinning wheel it is going good just wait and it will bring you to the installer in my case that was it 

Ok I got it to work, I forgot to add your Clover folder to EFI folder.  

I'm using 10.10.5 fuill version (bootable) but it won't alllow me install because it require internet connection, "Reinstall OS".  Tonight I will install 10.10 version then updated to 10.10.5Combo Update.

How do you update from 10.10 to 10.10.5?

Ok I got it to work, I forgot to add your Clover folder to EFI folder.  

I'm using 10.10.5 fuill version (bootable) but it won't alllow me install because it require internet connection, "Reinstall OS".  Tonight I will install 10.10 version then updated to 10.10.5Combo Update.

How do you update from 10.10 to 10.10.5?

just update to 10.10.5 like you normally would....

but i don't get " require internet connection " or " Reinstall OS " 

So when updating to 10.10.5, I do not need to reinstall Clover and copying your Clover folder to EFI?  One more thing, I try to change theme but it kept going to back AppleStyle theme. I did edit config.  I use this theme call "LoginToLion" at http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=2125.0 

Also, how do you hide EFI drve, Recovery drive, Clover dive. Do i use that code?

<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2)</string>

for Audio, do you use VoodooHDA-2.8.8

Just in case your not a register member, here's how it looks like.

xfrnrb.png

So when updating to 10.10.5, I do not need to reinstall Clover and copying your Clover folder to EFI?  One more thing, I try to change theme but it kept going to back AppleStyle theme. I did edit config.  I use this theme call "LoginToLion" at http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=2125.0 

Also, how do you hide EFI drve, Recovery drive, Clover dive. Do i use that code?

for Audio, do you use VoodooHDA-2.8.8

Just in case your not a register member, here's how it looks like.

xfrnrb.png

hmmm, isee that your not using clover right now....

thats the chameleon boot loader.. 

also after update 10.10.5 you don't have too update clover refi folder because the update don't erase or update that folder

its just there in the efi partition on your drive

use clover configurator to adjust the theme  

Currently I use Clover.  I just saw Clover theme in aother thead.  This is what I want to do.  Hide all partition except Yosimte and Windows 10

Open "EFI/Clover/config.plist" and add the following code after GUI.

Note -: Replace "HDDName" with name of your hard disk. It works!

<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>HDDName</string>
</array>

• 1 year later...

I have installed Sierra following this guide with an error : I checked CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO instead of CloverEFI 64-bits SATA which I changed by reinstalling Clover.

Now I have a boot0af error on start every time since the first installation of Clover.

What shall I do ? is there an update for your files ?