Was wondering why I am having issues (AMD System)

SatoshiAaron

6 posts in this topic

Hi. I don't mean to join just to get my system sorted. I currently use a 2009 Macbook with 2GB of ram. It really doesn't do much. I need a few programs for some projects I want to do. I have been trying to install a Flashdrive hackintosh for some time. For some reason either my USB isn't detected by my computer or when I try loading the bootable the computer just force restarts and returns to the BIOS start screen. I have tried setting my settings to AHCI with no luck. I'm pretty sure my computer is compatable (the last time I checked). Here are my specs.

AMD FX-4130 (4-Core) Supports up to SSE4a I believe

M5A78L-M ASUS Motherboard

EVGA NVIDIA 970GTX (not relevant)

(I don't really think the rest is needed. If it is please tell me.)

It is a rather powerful and stable build and supports most things to be honest. I'm pretty sure it should work. I believe I am forgetting something to change in the BIOS or am installing the DMG or ISO onto the memory stick wrong. I've never been successful on my PC detecting DMG, only ISO.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Always use a Retail image to install. You will need to get your hands on the 10.10.0 or 10.10.4 App Store DMG as 10.10.5 doesn't work properly as of just now. There are plenty of tutorials on here on how to make a USB installer from your Macbook. Use this kernel placed in /YOURUSB/System/Library/Kernels  -  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/461-amd-kernel-yosemite-10103-sseplus/

Once you get that booting come back with any errors and will do my best to help :)

Hey, if you don't mind me joining in, I have a very similar build to you, SatoshiAaron, and this thread could be real helpful.

You will need to get your hands on the 10.10.0 or 10.10.4 App Store DMG as 10.10.5 doesn't work properly as of just now.

How can I get an 10.10.4 App Store DMG? I can't seem to find anything but 10.10.5 available for download. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

• 4 weeks later...