Guide Clover Dell Precision 690 Workstation

chris1111

373 posts in this topic

SATA Drive Not Showing Up in Disk Utility

Hello.

I am trying to install clover Yosemite on my Precision 690.   I have created the clover usb installer and can boot to it no problems.  I get to the install screen and then I can get into Disk Utility.   The issue is my sata drive does not show up in Disk Utility.  

The bios recognizes the drive just fine.  FYI I have the bios set to AHCI just like the Clover instructions call for.

Anybody else have this problem and what was the fix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SATA Drive Not Showing Up in Disk Utility

Hello.

I am trying to install clover Yosemite on my Precision 690.   I have created the clover usb installer and can boot to it no problems.  I get to the install screen and then I can get into Disk Utility.   The issue is my sata drive does not show up in Disk Utility.  

The bios recognizes the drive just fine.  FYI I have the bios set to AHCI just like the Clover instructions call for.

Anybody else have this problem and what was the fix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

try to change SATA connection of  the HHD 

Chris,

What do you mean by changing the SATA connection.  I have tried all four SATA ports and none of them work.  I have also tried various SATA cables so I know they are not the issue either.

One important note:  The bios will not recognize any of the SATA drives when the SAS controller is turned off.  The only way to see the drives in the bios is to have the SAS turned ON.  With that said OS X will not see any SATA drives regardless.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Chris,

What do you mean by changing the SATA connection.  I have tried all four SATA ports and none of them work.  I have also tried various SATA cables so I know they are not the issue either.

One important note:  The bios will not recognize any of the SATA drives when the SAS controller is turned off.  The only way to see the drives in the bios is to have the SAS turned ON.  With that said OS X will not see any SATA drives regardless.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Do you have the latest bios ?

Disregard the SATA issue.   I was using the HDD ports instead of the SATA ports.   I have since gotten Yosemite to load and all seems to be ok.  I am now using it as a file server and print server for the two Macbook Pros that I have in my household.

Thanks for you help Chris.

• Like 2

Disregard the SATA issue.   I was using the HDD ports instead of the SATA ports.   I have since gotten Yosemite to load and all seems to be ok.  I am now using it as a file server and print server for the two Macbook Pros that I have in my household.

Thanks for you help Chris.

Great  :D

Hi Chris…

Actually today I have had an hour of call from Dell with a technical support guy, to confirm about the Dell Precision T7910 and what CPU, Memory and Graphic Card can be used with.

The technician confirmed me that I can use an intel core i7 v3, with ddr4 non-ECC and the GTX Titan X.

By this confirmation, do you think that the Dell Precision T7910 can be used for hackintosh? Because the bios of the Dell won't be so drastically different to what they have on the laptops and other desktops.

Following to this… Can you help me if I gonna buy a Dell Precision T7910 with i7 5960x, DDR4 Ram non-ECC and GTX Titan X ?

Great  :D

Still working great Chris.   I do have one question though..... Currently I have to boot to the Clover USB installer and then choose to boot from the MacOSX hard drive.   For whatever reason it has to boot to the USB installer first.   Is there a way to install the Clover boot screen onto the boot hard drive so I can do away with the USB stick?

Thanks for all of your help!!

Do you have install Post install Clover ?

Yes.   After installing Yosemite Clover I used the USB installer to drag the Clover DELL Precision 690-V2 file over to the desktop.   I then opened the file and clicked POST Install Clover.   It was a 7.8 mb file that says it installed.   For whatever reason though the computer will still not boot straight to the hard drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks as always Chris.

Yes.   After installing Yosemite Clover I used the USB installer to drag the Clover DELL Precision 690-V2 file over to the desktop.   I then opened the file and clicked POST Install Clover.   It was a 7.8 mb file that says it installed.   For whatever reason though the computer will still not boot straight to the hard drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks as always Chris.

Remove USB drive and Restart Post Installer 

Your see EFI partition Mount

tell me what  you have inside 

Reboot no USB plug in your pc

Remove USB drive and Restart Post Installer 

Your see EFI partition Mount

tell me what  you have inside 

Reboot no USB plug in your pc

I removed the USB drive and tried to boot to the hard drive.

I get:

AHCI BIOS installed

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility.

I hit the F1 button and it does nothing.

I have the hard drive set up as the first boot device.   How do I get to the EFI mount without the USB installed?

Thanks.

Followed directions - Up and running. Great Job! Two questions though- Neither of the stock DVD drives are being recognized, did you get yours to work? And also I have 16 - 1Gig sticks of ram installed but El Captain is only reporting that 13 is installed and available. I think clover is not recognizing the other sticks in the riser dimms. Is this a issue with the config.plist file? Possibly with the memory channels olny being listed as 2 in config.plist file? Thanks for all your work on this!

• Like 1

Followed directions - Up and running. Great Job! Two questions though- Neither of the stock DVD drives are being recognized, did you get yours to work? And also I have 16 - 1Gig sticks of ram installed but El Captain is only reporting that 13 is installed and available. I think clover is not recognizing the other sticks in the riser dimms. Is this a issue with the config.plist file? Possibly with the memory channels olny being listed as 2 in config.plist file? Thanks for all your work on this!

Thanks  :D

I dont have any issue with my both DVD and CD Player

and I have 16 gig of RAM also 

see picture 

sans_t11.jpg

You can try to change the Ram Slot and change sata port of the DVD

Hey Chris ,

Thanks for the Installer, got El Capitan working on my Dell T7400.  I can't find DSDT for the T7400 but it is working anyway to the exception of the ethernet card BCM5754 that show cable unplugged .

thanks!

Thanks  I chek for you DSDT  B)

EDIT

You can try fixing  1 error on this one

• Like 1

Greetings,

Does the graphics card have to be the ASUS GeForce GT 610, or will the other GeForce GT 610's suffice. Like the EVGA or MSI?

Thank you,

Chris

The other GeForce GT 610 works!

Your just need the compatible Graphics Card  :)

Thanks for getting back to me Chris on the questions I had. I was able to get the dvd drives attached as you can see in the attached image. My fault, I had the PATA drives disabled in the BIOS. I have moved my Ram modules around in the risers and I still cannot get the full amount of ram to recognize. As you can see from the photo, it is being recognized in the BIOS but not by Clover or the El Captain install. Any suggestions? Are you using risers to get the 16GB?

Thank you again!

RamWrong.tiff

Hello Chris.  Has the installer been updated to handle the official release of El Capitan?  I'm still running Yosemite and would love to upgrade.

Thanks!

Done ! See change log Installer V3 Attaching

Hello All! I'm fairly new to the Hackintosh crowd, and currently have a MBP which is great but I really want to try and set my Dell T5400 up with OS X El Capitan. 

So far i've been able to install OS X using the tool provided on this post, and also get it to boot just fine. The remaining thing to figure out are drivers for Video, Ethernet and Audio.

My system specs are as followed:

Dell T5400 A11 Bios

2x Xeon Quad Core 3.33Ghz(not sure of the exact model number)

24GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 580(I have one installed and one more i'd like to try and add in.)

Samsung 850 Pro SSD

I'm in the process of reading on the forums  and have come up empty handed with regards to the video. Right now i must boot with nv_disable=1 to get into the system, If i do not add this switch I get a black screen when the apple logo is supposed to appear during boot up. I've tried installing the Nvidia Web driver, and booting normally but resulted in the same problem. Any suggestions?

Much of my background is with windows, and Linux which typically work out of the box so i am fairly new to the world of Mac. 

Thank you

Brad

Hello All! I'm fairly new to the Hackintosh crowd, and currently have a MBP which is great but I really want to try and set my Dell T5400 up with OS X El Capitan. 

So far i've been able to install OS X using the tool provided on this post, and also get it to boot just fine. The remaining thing to figure out are drivers for Video, Ethernet and Audio.

My system specs are as followed:

Dell T5400 A11 Bios

2x Xeon Quad Core 3.33Ghz(not sure of the exact model number)

24GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 580(I have one installed and one more i'd like to try and add in.)

Samsung 850 Pro SSD

I'm in the process of reading on the forums  and have come up empty handed with regards to the video. Right now i must boot with nv_disable=1 to get into the system, If i do not add this switch I get a black screen when the apple logo is supposed to appear during boot up. I've tried installing the Nvidia Web driver, and booting normally but resulted in the same problem. Any suggestions?

Much of my background is with windows, and Linux which typically work out of the box so i am fairly new to the world of Mac. 

Thank you

Brad

GTX 580 working with Inject Nvidia  so the default config.plist is ok 

Do you have a DSDT.aml for your PC ? 

You need your DSDT.aml on EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / patched

and try DVI Port or  VGA adapter to DVI

Chris,

I have successfully installed El Capitan.  Thank you so much for the V3 installer.

I do have one more question though.  I can still only boot to the hard drive if I boot to the V3 Clover USB drive first and then tell it to boot OS X from the hard drive.  I have run the Post Clover Install and it installed to the hard drive but the computer will still not boot straight to the drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Chris!