socket 2011v3 motherboard compatibility?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm also in the process of choosing an X99 mobo, and CooSee showed me this link: http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=55

I've done some googling, and it looks like most people have more success with Gigabyte (specifically the GA-X99-UD4), but I'm interested in how ASUS compares. I'd LOVE to get my hands on the X99 Deluxe at a good price if it's compatible, but I'd prefer a lower-end mobo that's more stable.

Maybe I can chip in my exerience as I tried to get it all working over the last 2 days.
I have a pretty easy config for OS X: 5820k, x99-a and a gtx760.

The only partially successful way I found is rampage's as it only has sound problems as of right now, ethernet is working after adding some kexts from his dmg. 
The sound problem might be really bad though, as it doesn't recognise an audio device at all, but I'll keep trying over the next month on and off for that. Also my keyboard doesn't work after sleep, but that is a minor problem.

In it self it worked quite well after adding fakesmc and nullcpupowermanagement kexts to clover when installing.

But this is in no way a hassle free platform as of right now, so be prepared to read, search, try, reboot and do it all over again ^^