Handoff only goes from iPhone to Mac / iMessage connects, but doesn't send messages.

DK-RendeR

5 posts in this topic

I have my system completely setup with Clover 3259, Yosemite 10.10.5 and completed the entirety of the iMessage guide. My injected ROM values are correct and do not change.

My hardware specs:

• Asus Maximus VI Gene
• Intel 4670K, not overclocked
• Asus GTX 670 2GB
• Apple BCM94360CD

iCloud works no problem and all my data syncs to my iPhone 6. Perfect!

iMessage allows me to sign in and it recognizes my phone number. However, I'm not able to send messages and all contacts appear in red. If I turn on Text Message Forwarding, it's still not perfect. Contacts only appear in green and any message people send to me do not receive on my computer, just my iPhone.

Handoff works fine if I transfer from my iPhone to my computer, but not the other way around. For instance, if I start an email on my computer, the icons for Handoff don't even show up on my iPhone.

I've verified that all my devices appear under my iCloud/AppleID account on the website. There are no duplicate devices listed anywhere. The WiFi/BT card appears to work perfectly, never dropping signal to the internet. Bluetooth connectivity works perfectly with my PlayStation 4 controller.

Things I've already tried to fix this behaviour:

• Removing the plist and cache files from my ~/Library folders
• Completely signing out and back in to my iCloud and iMessage accounts on my iPhone and computer
• Turning Handoff, Text Message Forwarding, and Bluetooth Sharing off and on again

I'm beginning to think that this is an iMessage server authentication issue than anything else, strictly affecting my computer. But I'd rather not call Apple about it until I've exhausted my other options.

I got 2 hackintosh using Imessage.

first hackintosh:

works good, text message forwarding and apple message working (send and receipt)

second hackintosh:

text messsage forwarding not working (code never appear), and most of the time, only send message are visible.

these one have no wifi card, and install is no perfect.

I don't know if that kind of issue is smbios relative or not, ethernet function or not.

i'll try to fix it too.

surely, we will find how to solve it, together.

one thing is sure, i will not have wifi card on the second hackintosh for a time, because it is a ngff .m2 slot, and that's hard to have one (i'm in europe).

cheers

Is BCM94360CD plug and play or did you follow any tutorial to enable handoff? My handoff worked in 10.10.4 but not anymore in 10.10.5

The card is plug and play, and I didn't need any special method to get it to work.

However, I've been reading up on Apple's requirements for Handoff and I'm wondering if I have a problem. My SMBIOS and serial number clearly define a MacPro5,1 machine type from 2012, but About This Mac is showing me that it's a Mac Pro (Mid 2010). The only Mac Pro that officially supports Handoff is the newest, black cylinder one. I think I may try to reconfigure my SMBIOS information and try again, possibility as a MacPro6,1 or iMac14,1 or 2.

The card is plug and play, and I didn't need any special method to get it to work.

However, I've been reading up on Apple's requirements for Handoff and I'm wondering if I have a problem. My SMBIOS and serial number clearly define a MacPro5,1 machine type from 2012, but About This Mac is showing me that it's a Mac Pro (Mid 2010). The only Mac Pro that officially supports Handoff is the newest, black cylinder one. I think I may try to reconfigure my SMBIOS information and try again, possibility as a MacPro6,1 or iMac14,1 or 2.

I finally get mine to work, both ways. I played with fixing permissions and building caches. I am using a BCM94352HMB which requires clover patch. It took couple minutes for the initial hand-shaking process to complete. After the process is done, it works flawlessly. And I am using the MacPro6,1 definition since I am running the same platform as the latest Mac Pro.