MSI GT72-2qe i7 5700hq Anyone able to offer help?

djnateb

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just looking for some help getting osx running on my msi gt72-2qe. I have found this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/399-msi-gt72-2qe/however my laptop is a newer version and has a i7 5700hq. Using the clover files on that thread i can get OSX installed but when i get to the first boot i get stuck on root device uuid is blablabla then it gets stuck on this. Im currently trying differant OSX versions/distros ect but ive hit a wall after the install. So yeah any help at all appreciated and let me know if you need any more info :)

Thanks for reading

Post the pic of error here.

Hey thanks for the reply.

Here's a link to what I'm stuck on 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yk1rtg42cnpnzd/11920403_10154336932559657_1339447548_n.jpg?dl=0 

I get to the installer by using the files in the other thread mentioned in my original post. My knowledge on configs and kexts is limited past installing them ect so there will no doubt be things that shouldnt be there although it shouldnt be too bad as the laptop that is been used in that thread is only one below mine with everything been the same baring the CPU which I believe the latest clover should support.

I've tried a few methods of install ect but this is as far as I've been able to get once i've installed and rebooted.

Thanks in advanced for any information you can give and let me know if there's anything else you need :)

@djnateb

Have you tried searching the web by yourself with arguments "broadwell osx" or "broadwell hackintosh"?

There is no finished Apple device with Broadwell Cpu/Gfx available til now.

Have fun.

I have yes and found results but not with this specific CPU unfortunately. I have tried a custom SMBIOS based on the new broadwell macbooks but this didnt change anything. 

make sure you have OsxAptioFixDrv.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

I am currently using this file

thanks guys, running out of options I think. This is way beyond my knowledge so I will just have to wait and hope someone tries getting OSX running on this specific laptop. 

• Like 1