Random Freeze

Leo Layne

12 posts in this topic

Hi at all guys!

I'm new member in this forum, and I'm registered because I've some problem with my installation.
However, I'm not new of hackintosh scene, but after month of research, I don't found a solution to my problem.
Follow my config:

Hardware

CPU: i7-3770

MB: Asus P8H77-M Pro ( BIOS v. 1301 ) with ALC892 onboard

RAM: 8GB

Video Card: NVidia GTX 670

SSD: Samsung SSD 840

GMYLE Dongle Bluetooth BCM2070

Apple Keyboard USB and Magic Mouse Bluetooth

Software

Bootloader: Clover ( latest version )

OSX: 10.10.5

DSDT: Create with MACiasl with Generic Intel 7 Series patch and ALC892 patch. 0 errors, 0 warning.

SSDT: Create with Piker's script, with this parameters: -turbo 3900 -t 77 -w 2 -x 1

HDMI Audio: Toleda DSDT v3 NVidia

Clover Settings:

ACPI: Drop OEM and droptables "SSDT CpuPM and Cpu0lst"

Bootflag: -gux_defer_usb2 -xcpm - kext-dev-mode=1

Patches: Asus AICPUPM, KernelPM ( for test )

SMBIOS: iMAC 13,2

Kexts: ( all installed in clover/kexts/10.10 ): CodecCommander.kext, fakeSMC.kext, realtekALC.kext ( generated by toleda script ), RealtekRTL8111.kext

I've 2 big problem, and I'm not find any solution in other post..

I Correct this post, because after many test I have this freeze and I can't found solution.

Some idea about this freeze?!?

I've tried to disable XMP autodetect, disable DSDT, SSDT.. I don't find a solution..

Archivio.zip

for now, you can simply drop xcpm and use voodoohda. that is the easy way to go until all is figured out.

Yes, but to find the problem I must try something :)

Moreover for me is not problem use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement instead of XCPM, but with the first I've only 4 p-state ( 16,37,38,39 ) so min and turbo only. With XCPM I've 8 P-state.

However, with downgrade, kernel panic it seems resolved.

The only problem is freeze audio.. this morning I try to disable XCPM and for the moment I've not freeze.. it's very strange.. XCPM + CloverALC = Freeze?? Possible?

Yes, but to find the problem I must try something :)

Moreover for me is not problem use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement instead of XCPM, but with the first I've only 4 p-state ( 16,37,38,39 ) so min and turbo only. With XCPM I've 8 P-state.

However, with downgrade, kernel panic it seems resolved.

The only problem is freeze audio.. this morning I try to disable XCPM and for the moment I've not freeze.. it's very strange.. XCPM + CloverALC = Freeze?? Possible?

never faced it. Perhaps people here did and can help. Try a forum search?

Good luck.

What kext did you use to check your reached states?

I used AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext and MSRDumper.kext

Same result with both..

never faced it. Perhaps people here did and can help. Try a forum search?

Good luck.

Yes, I've this problem since OS X 10.10.1 ( first my installation with this hw ).. All people with i7-3770 and Asus P8H77/P8Z77 Series used AppleHDA with successfull.

I've tried to search with generic ALC892 and ALCxxx freeze and clover/realtek ALC toleda script, but it seems that I'm the only with this problem.

Update #1

This morning I've tried to disable XCPM and the computer worked for 5 hr without freeze.

Now I enabled XCPM and after about 1hr the computer freeze. Ideas?

Maybe, is something with bios version? The mb is "old",so maybe many people use old bios version.. possible? I've already downgrade 2 version..

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated to 1505, latest version. Same thing. To exclude the hardware fault, I run stress test on my pc with Windows for 48h+ with Prime95, AIDA, Furmark, Memtest, IntelBurnTest. All ok.
I run the same test on OS X, with Prime95, Memtest and GPUTEst_GUI ( furmark ) for 16h+ and all is ok.
I can exclude the hardware fault and driver problem ( i think ).
I searched on internet, and I found some case that disabling XMP on clover, someone has resolved the similar problems.
For the moment, in the last 2 days all work correctly.
But in 3 last reboots, without any change on config these are results:

1) freeze after 1 hours ( youtube, internet, and similar )
2) freeze after 30 minuts ( youtube, internet, and similar )
3) no freeze after 2 days..( stress test, vlc, vmware, itunes, youtube, internet, and similar )

I'm become crazy..