(Spoke too soon) Restart on Asus Sabertooth x58, 10.9 Mavericks broken from menu bar but no from app initiated reboot.

XYLUM

1 post in this topic

Asus Sabertooth x58

i7 920

12 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3

Asus GTX 760-DC20C-2G5D

Initial 10.9 Mavericks install via myHack with "GraphicsEnabler=No" boot flag (sytem stuck in boot loop without it)

Post install via M*****6.5.1

DSDT from Fabio's 10.7 on sabertooth x58 guide

GTX 760 works perfect out of the box

Ethernet via RTGNICv2.0.6For10.7.mpkg installer

Onboard Audio via HDAEnabler892.kext

Everything seems to be working perfectly...except, whenever I go to restart, via the toolbar or app installer the system won't fully shut down.  OSX closes out, the screen goes black, the no signal message pops up, the HD activity indicator light is solid dark, but the fans keep running and I have to manually hit the reset button on the front of the case to reset the system.

Restart worked initially, prior to the post installations...

Update:

Installed EvOreboot.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. I THOUGHT that fixed it, but...

The system will now restart normally if the restart is initiated by an installer or other application, but not if initiated from the menu bar, in which case it shuts down OSX but the fans continue to run and the system never resets.

I will keep searching and reading, if anyone can point me in the right direction I would super appreciate it.