Will this build run Yosemite?

9 posts in this topic

Hello there,
My current system is:
M.B: Gigabyte G41-MT-S2P
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E7500 2.93GHZ
GPU: AMD 5570 1GB
Ram: 4GB Kingstone DDR3
I've tried Yosemite a couple of months ago, but it was pretty laggy so I switched back to Windows.
Now I wanna know if I upgrade my CPU to Intel Core i3-530 2.93GHZ and leave the rest as is, will the system run smoothly without lag? (I know the GPU is {censored}, but I don't do heavy graphics work..just some Photoshop/Illustrator every now and then and I have a PS4 for gaming so I just use my PC for internet, watching movies and anime, and work (Web Developer))
Thanks in advance.

Oops sorry.

No bro, Intel HD is for simple things, like videos, navigate in internet, etc...

Pay attention in what i said:

"With AMD 5570, i just see working in Mountain Lion, not sure about Yosemite."

Oops sorry.

No bro, Intel HD is for simple things, like videos, navigate in internet, etc...

Pay attention in what i said:

"With AMD 5570, i just see working in Mountain Lion, not sure about Yosemite."

Yeah but you said that i3's integrated GPU runs Yosemite so it's basically better than the 5570 which only works with mountain lion as you mentioned.

"...not sure about Yosemite."

Means that i have not see anyone using this video in Yosemite.

For you to make sure if it will work or not, you can test, or research more about it.

About ML..is there're big differences between it and Yosemite that's worth upgrading my machine?

Or will ML do for now? (Is that "Sketch" web design app compatible with it for instance?)