Impossible Nvidia Graphics Issues

burgurboy

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have a dell t7400

xeon 5472 processors

I can't get my nvidia graphics to work, no matter what boot flags or web drivers i use. It appears I have some underlying issue.  i've tried the following:

quadro fx 5600: runs perfectly in mavericks, KP's in yosemite.

9600gt: runs perfectly in mavericks, no video output in Yoesmite

gtx 760: runs perfectly in maverics, no qe/ci in yosemite and finder/dock/screensaver crashes constantly. The one constant I've find in the crash logs in "com.apple.geforcegldriver"

I've tried this with several different builds of 10.10 including a 10.10.2 build that's ben running on another hackintosh for months without any graphics issues. for some reason, on this machine (and only in yosemite) i can't get nvidia graphics to work correctly. I'm posting from said hack right now (booted with -x).

I've been pulling my hair out for weeks. I'm ready to leave it on mavericks and sell the thing  (I need the latest for FCPX)...

Yes, i've tried that (along with the latest web driver)

graphicsenabler=y/n

pcirootuid=1/0

npci=0x2/3000

dart=0

etc,etc,etc

You name it, i've tried it. The thing is, EVERYONE say the gtx 760 world flawlessly, out of the box on OS X built-in drivers. it should not be giving me issues. 

my computer seems to have some problem with Nvidia stuff but, only in Yosemite.

Yes, i've tried that (along with the latest web driver)

graphicsenabler=y/n

pcirootuid=1/0

npci=0x2/3000

dart=0

etc,etc,etc

You name it, i've tried it. The thing is, EVERYONE say the gtx 760 world flawlessly, out of the box on OS X built-in drivers. it should not be giving me issues. 

my computer seems to have some problem with Nvidia stuff but, only in Yosemite.

gtx 760 working with nvidia web driver :) 

what is name bootloader u use ? and u have try clover legacy

gtx 760 working with nvidia web driver  :)

what is name bootloader u use ? and u have try clover legacy

I've tried chimera 4.0.1,4.1.0, and the latest version of chameleon.

It should work ootb. Try a clean instalation using only Vanilla OS X not a distro as they can cause problems like this. Also use the latest Clover package.

Agreed, I don't think its a coincidence though that none of my (previously functional) Nvidia cards work on 10.10 in the machine.  Every build I've used has been vanilla. I can try again with clover but, I could never get the installer to run probably. It was if i was stuck at USB 1.0 speeds. It look a little over an hour to boot into the installer (which was then unusable).

I used Tonymac's guide

I don't remember seeing any "legacy" options (despite being mentioned in the guide) but, I can give it another shot this evening.

Edited by fantomas1
link to tonymax86 site has been deleted!

I tried installing clover using an older guide (on YouTube) but received a different kernel panic before reaching the installer. It seems like every guide I use it completely different.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a "legacy" install?

Also, is it possible to just install clover over top of my current "Chameleon install" as opposed to wiping/reinstalling?

there's no need to switch your bootloader.

never got problems with legacy installs and nvidia cards.

i always use chameleon - Enoch Versions.

you should try one of the Installer Versions from Chris1111.

don't forget to backup before new install  :w00t:

good luck

Why not u make install with CIM .its easy and clean.

2nd Download Clover and install .why you need above tools.You already running OS X ,you just need to edit config.plist and put needed in to clover.

Why not u make install with CIM .its easy and clean.

2nd Download Clover and install .why you need above tools.You already running OS X ,you just need to edit config.plist and put needed in to clover.

I haven't been able to find a decent guide for a "legacy" clover setup.

when I create a clover usb using the "tonymacx86" guide, it boots at usb 1.0 speeds

Here's what I'm not understanding,

Last night I took the 10.10.2 build from the dell (chameleon, boots fine, no ce/qi, finder crashes, etc), I plugged it into my other hackintosh (older gigabyte 775 socket). and it ran perfectly fine.

Thank you for the suggestions!

I tried both but, both methods still boot in USB 1.0 speeds (takes an hour to boot to the installer)

To speed things up, I wiped my HDD, made two partitions, and installed the installer & clover on one and tried to boot from that (using the same legacy settings as the USB). No luck, it crashes a few seconds into booting.

Thank you for the suggestions!

I tried both but, both methods still boot in USB 1.0 speeds (takes an hour to boot to the installer)

To speed things up, I wiped my HDD, made two partitions, and installed the installer & clover on one and tried to boot from that (using the same legacy settings as the USB). No luck, it crashes a few seconds into booting.

Sir well it depends on type of USB and port  u are using.It is better to use rear I/O ports.

I'm using the same 8gb stick that I use for my c.h.a.m.e.l.e.o.n installs. I tried moving to the rear USB slots but, had no luck there either.

I saw another post where someone had the same issue. they installed with c.h.a.m.e.l.e.o.n then flashed clover to the HDD after the install was complete. I'm attempting that now.

If that doesn't work, I may try Niresh 10.10 (although I've read Final Cut Pro does not play well with non-vanilla kernels).

I'm using the same 8gb stick that I use for my c.h.a.m.e.l.e.o.n installs. I tried moving to the rear USB slots but, had no luck there either.

If you have installation failed error ,check log for whats wrong.

I saw another post where someone had the same issue. they installed with chameleon then flashed clover to the HDD after the install was complete. I'm attempting that now.

Did you already install OS X yet ?

and can u post config.plist 

If you have installation failed error ,check log for whats wrong.

Did you already install OS X yet ?

and can u post config.plist 

I'm not getting an installation error. It takes me over an hour to reach the installer. it seems useless to try and run the installer.

i've installed via c.h.a.m.e.l.e.o.n and then installed clover on the finished install but, cannot boot after that. I hang up on "AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff80110cd00]::UIMInitialize"