Yosemite can't start installation

RadMac

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a problem getting the installer to load

Short desc:
the bootloader is Enoch-chameleon r2748, on GPT/HFS+, for legacy bios
The issue is when I boot the install usb drive, it starts in verbose, then a gray screen with the rainbow-mouse shows up, and hangs on there. @native resolution. The installation screen doesn't show up
I have searched on google before posting

I have previously used this method with Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and it worked fine,
I think there's somethin wrong  with the loading process of it: when i did the same on ML, it worked

My Specz:
GA z77m D3H motherboard (F14 rom Bios&Uefi modes)
Intel i7-2600 SandyBridge (no oc, all settings stock)
AMD R7-265 (Sapphire Dual-X)
8GB ram (2x4 1333)
Display Dell 22' on main gpu DVI out
HD Wd CV green 1Tb/ SSD transcend 64GB

Detailed desc.
My motherboard series is known to work OOTB, and it does on Yosemite, better on ML.
The usb will boot even without kext and other mods, Are added fakesmc, dsdt, acpi patch,libc,libc++ from Enoch.
I used cameleon instead of clover (will try when installed on HD) because it crashes on my Virtualbox VM (osx 10.11), also crash creating uefi partitions.
Bios settings seems to be correct..

Boot args:
>/Kernel (to load original kernel (10.10, also 10.11 works) from usb root/kernel)
>/Kernel -F -x -v dart=0 acpi=0 pcirootuid=1 graphicsenabler=no (dont help :( )

post-1573312-0-54677800-1438967098_thumb.jpg

Have you copied BaseSystem.chunklist and BaseSystem.dmg from InstallESD to root of your USB (files are hidden)?

Green lines in this guide - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-updated-for-mavericks-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

Few things (2 to be exact) are different from ML install method: location and name of the kernel and you have to move base system chinklist and dmg to root of your usb. 

• Like 2

where you have placed FakeSMC.kext and nullpowermanagement.kext and the other third_party drivers?  into /Extra/Extensions/ or System/Library/Extensions/ ?

Edited by spakk

@owbp
*chunklist and *.dmg were not present, I added them, no result. (still as the photo)
The kernel is extracted as said.

I'll try another SMbios and the kexts in the link

@spakk
Inside /Extra, I'll move them on /Extra/Extensions and try again 

Added: /e/e old kext

Capture.gif

at Yosemite, the kernel does not belong in root. the kernel needs the folder System / Library / kernels / *
you need to create the folder kernels and place the kernel, otherwise you can not boot

I advise you to read here in the forum in the area of ​​Yosemite, and first of all inform yourself, In addition, you need to consider a few other things

look here

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1