Graphics problem when updating PB1 to PB2

RCOO

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I've managed to install the public beta fine on my system with graphics fully working.

When I update to PB2 however, the boot process hangs in the "AppleHDA assertion error" and I'm assuming it's failing because of the graphics. I have an HD3000.

Has anyone experienced this issue or know how to solve this?

Thanks

I ran into this issue today. I actually suspect that in my case it's a modded AppleHDA.kext making trouble. On PB1 I wanted to use Toleda's RealtekAudio Script for Clover to add Sound but had to use the legacy script and put a modded AppleHDA in S/L/E to get it to work. I would revert the kext to test this further but in the clover shell I cannot access S/L/E (that the effect of the new 10.11 permissions I guess?). Gives me a "Cannot move to or from a read-only File or Directory" Error.

I'm reading this thread right now where the solution is copying kexts to L/E. Might this be related? If I want to do that the shell says the destination is read-only...sigh...

Guess I have to try to boot into my backup and see things from there?

Update:

After booting into my backup external drive I could see that AppleHDA was actually already replaced by the updater, so I moved on to putting all injected kexts into L/E on the broken osx install, set rights and ownership, touch and reboot. Voilá. Now USB3.0 is dead like described here but as for this issue at least I'm one step further. Actually installing PB3 now hahaha...Let's see what breaks next!

Kudos!