Problem installing El capitan

RCOO

4 posts in this topic

I had a USB installer with DP1 that worked fine.
I decided to move to the public betas and made a new usb installer.
The thing is that the installer loads but hangs just when the setup screen should be shown, with the spinning wheel that won't move.
I've tried making a usb installer of dp1 again, but now I have the same problem.
I'm assuming it is a graphics problem. I have an hd3000 and GeForce gt540m that is disabled with DSDT.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do? Thanks

Could it be because I'm using an external HDD, with more partitions, as the installer? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a USB installer with DP1 that worked fine.

I decided to move to the public betas and made a new usb installer.

The thing is that the installer loads but hangs just when the setup screen should be shown, with the spinning wheel that won't move.

I've tried making a usb installer of dp1 again, but now I have the same problem.

I'm assuming it is a graphics problem. I have an hd3000 and GeForce gt540m that is disabled with DSDT.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do? Thanks

If it worked fine before, then I don't think it's the graphics card.

Which bootloader do you use? Did you make sure you got FakeSMC.kext in the right place (depending on bootloader)? If you're using Clover, make sure it's up to date, otherwise injection from EFI with newer El Capitan builds won't work and since the system won't be able to load FakeSMC.kext, you will get stuck!