Lost Network connectivity after installing windows 10

Marius_rg

4 posts in this topic

Today I decided to upgrade my Windows 8.1 OS, installed on a different HDD than my Yosemite hacks. After I managed to install Win10, I noticed that my LAN was not working (not getting an IP from my router), so I went to Asus and got the latest drivers for my MB (asus maximus VI formula). Once I installed those drivers, I was able to get an IP on my NIC and all was "good".

Then, when I switched back to my Yosemite, I noticed the same thing....the NIC was not able to get an IP from the router. Tried already to update the kext to the latest version available (AppleIntelE1000e.kext) but still same issue. Also same behavior happens on my "backup" Yosemite install, which I haven't used since....a long time.

Any idea what's happening? I'm thinking of installing Win 8 or 7 on another partition, only to get back the NIC, since I don't have any other ideas on how to fix it. (luckily I have the WIFI working, but....I want to have my LAN back)

Thanks.

I was able to get back the NW connectivity by powering off the PC (power supply off), wait a few seconds and then when I started directly Yosemite all was good. But...if I don't boot a windows OS, I no longer have bluetooth working (I guess it need windows to be "initialized" or something"), so when I rebooted into Windows and came back to Yosemite, I had bluetooth working, but again NW was not working, only with APIPA. :(((

Seems like Win10 is messing around with the onboard NIC.

:(

I disconnect my Mac HDD when I was doing the Windows 10 upgrade. Everything is working fine afterward. Always disconnect your Mac HDD when you are installing Windows. Just my $0.02.

May be you should clear cache and reinstall the NIC and BT kext.

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Fortunately I got it to work yesterday....by using a NIC driver for win8, not the "recommended" one from Asus website. 

Not sure why OS X is not able to recognize some HW, like bluetooth and now the NIC unless there is a "Windows" OS to "initialize" them first.