2006 Mac Mini 1,1 upgraded 2,1 need rollback to 1,1

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys! This is my first post after having registered a while back. I usually tend to do my research, browse through forums to find answers to my questions and figure things out on my own, but I'm stumped and need some help here. I have a 2006 Mac Mini that I upgraded to a 2 GHz Core 2 Duo (T7200, I believe.) and I also upgraded the firmware from the 1,1 (MM11.0055.08B) to the 2,1 boot ROM (MM21.009A.B00). I have reset PRAM and SMC, but I still have kernel panic for different reasons. Sorry, that I don't have the reports available to post some examples right now, but I've had several issues since upgrading the EFI such as fan issues, freezing up, not being able to install an app or update (Installer failures) and sudden need to press and hold the power button to shut down just to name a few. If someone can guide me as to rolling back the firmware that would be awesome. I have included the stock firmware and the 1,1 to 2,1 files (with Terminal script used to install it.) in case any of that is needed. I pulled the stock boot ROM with unpkg. As far as which OS X version I'm using, these errors/failures have occurred under Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion through MLPostFactor 0.3. I have even had difficulty performing a clean install using the 10.6.3 retail disk because it would fail. Installing Lion failed a few times as has the MLPostFactor install. At this point, I'd like to rollback and then try reinstalling the 2,1 firmware. Maybe that can help? I tried reinstalling the 2,1 files and didn't work (I couldn't get it to work.). I'm guessing it's because of the boot ROM version incompatibility, my ignorance, or both.. I've tried downgrading by using the Firmware Restore CD 1.7 by booting with it and MacminiFirmwareUpdate.dmg stated that it is incompatible (boot ROM incompatibility being that it is lower than what is installed), so naturally, neither option i attempted worked. Maybe I need some terminal script and/or stock boot ROM mod to downgrade much in the same vein that I upgraded to 2,1 in the first place? Or maybe some script to help me out in forcing the installer to restore or something? Any methods you come up with are fine with me as I'm able to follow instructions to the letter. I'm not savvy with Terminal, so I apologize for not knowing my way around! I should pick up a book or two soon and learn it. Any help would be appreciated and if I confused anyone, ask and I'll clarify as best I can. Thank you in advance! 

Mac Mini 1,1 Stock MM11_0055_08B.zip

Mac Mini 1,1 to 2,1.zip