Intel I217V (Asus Z87-Pro) no network after OS X 10.10.4 update

nadia p.

7 posts in this topic

After attempting to update using the OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 Combo Update and also trying to update from the Mac App Store I'm unable to see any network traffic (in or out) of my Hackintosh.

I have an Asus Z87-Pro with a Intel I217V LAN.

With 10.10.3 installed with Clover EFI bootloader 2.3 r324, using AppleIntelE1000e.kext (v3.1.0) successfully

OS X Yosemite

Version 10.10.3 (14D136)

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (i7-4770k)

Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Yosemite

Graphics EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2048 MB

Clover EFI bootloader 2.3 r324

boot

darkwake

nvda_drv=1

kext-dev-mode=1

Legacy=PBR

XPMDetection=Yes

System Preferences

ethernet:
  Type:    Ethernet
  Bus:    PCI
  Vendor ID:    0x8086
  Device ID:    0x153b
  Subsystem Vendor ID:    0x1043
  Subsystem ID:    0x859f
  Revision ID:    0x0005
  BSD name:    en0
  Kext name:    AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  Version:    3.1.0

Once I update to 10.10.4 I loose the ability to access the network however the odd part is that the Network (DHCP) seems to be assigned an IP address from the router via the ethernet cable, or at least I assume this is happening and it's not being loaded through cache somewhere.

After updating I've attempted to replace /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext with version 3.1.0, 3.1.0a, and later kext files however nothing seems to work. I would assume this is something simple, however I've exhausted what I know in how to fix this. I've had to revert back to 10.10.3 until I find a solution using TimeMachine.

I have

• run Disk Utility and ran Repair Disk Permissions after updating to 10.10.4
  • double checked the permissions on AppleIntelE1000e.kext and "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions"

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'm open to try them.

I followed your suggestion and this works only when using the -x boot option booting into safe mode. When booting normally there is no access through the ethernet connection as before. Little Snitch is uninstalled during both tests to ensure that was not the issue. I have also followed all the troubleshooting steps perscribed in the link above, without success.

I'm quite perplexed as to what might be causing this issue.

Note: Clover is configured as iMac 14,2 if that makes any difference.

Have you tried used FakeID?

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#FakeID

<key>LAN</key>
<string>0x436311ab</string>

I've never used this method before, so, i can't confirm if will work properly.

I tried this and it produced the same result as before, thank you for your suggestion though.

This is a very puzzling situation. I'm thinking it may be best to create a new USB installation of 10.10.4 and attempt it on a newly partitioned drive and see if that works since there could be something conflicting with my existing installation of 10.10.3.

I always recommend to users to have 2 partitions with OS X installed.

One for testing and one for daily use.

I use in this way here, and for a long time i don't have any problems.  ;)

Did you fix any sleep issues (wake every 2 hours) in 10.10.3?

In 10.10.4, the discoveryd process has been replaced by mDNSresponder.

Check for the presence of com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist and com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper.plist in /Library/LaunchDaemons.

Delete these copies as in 10.10.4 these files are located in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons and reboot.

• Like 1