HP 8200 Elite

d620osx

17 posts in this topic

Hi

Hi

I currently have a dell vostro 200 with a E8500 CPU running fine. I want to upgrade and get a HP Elite 8200 i5 2400s. Any idea of this can run osx 10.10? Cannot find many posts online and the wiki has an incomplete post.

Thanks

You can reuse the key, but you obviously have to adjust it to the HP hardware target, i.e. use the appropriate DSDT and kexts.

Having a SandyBridge CPU, you can also expect the HP to give you a KP related to (vanilla) AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement unless you use the NullCPUPowerManagement kext. If you use a Chameleon boot loader, replace the vanilla AICPUPM by the patched version once you're up and running. If you use Clover, select the AppleIntelCPUPM on-the-fly patch (also called Asus AICPUPM).

Once that is sorted, use the well-known generator tool script to create your i5-2400S CPU-specific SSDT; that'll give you access to the Turbo boost speeds beyond 2.5GHz all the way to 3.3GHz as well as some intermediary speeds between LFM @xGHz/MHz and HFM @2.5GHz. Otherwise, all you'll enjoy will be lowest speed (LFM) and max. nominal sped (HFM), nothing in between and beyond.

Thanks. I created the 10.10 hd with clover uefi, installed it in the HP but when I boot I just get a blinking cursor straight after bios. Any idea why that may be?

The PC has a gforce 210 card installed, could that be the reason?

I have extracted the dsdt using windows as attached.

Thanks again for all the help.

Archive.zip

Hi

Re ran clover as you suggested and can boot and setup account if I use boot without injected kext and cache but not in standard mode.

Might just redo the HD again and see how I go. Need to go to work so will try again tonight.

Thank you for the pointers and sorry to keep bugging you.

Update

Hi

I have managed to boot into osx via clover and have restored all my apps and setting from my vostro. Everything seems to be working as it should with the exception of audio and waking from sleep I have to use the power button as opposed to the USB mouse/keyboard.

Just backing up my ssd from vostro before I remove it and clone it with the HP install which is currently on a normal hd.

Clover boot is a bit slow but not sure if that is due to hd/sd.

The sound card is a alc261 any pointers on if this can be fixed or should I just continue to use my USB sound which works OOB?

And finally what next?

Thank you all as usual for all the help.

You probably need to patch the DSDT to prevent the USB controller from being unloaded during sleep. This should allow USB devices to wake the system from sleep. I think Clover can do that.

For audio, try voodoohda. Quality might not be the best, but it should work just fine.

As for Clover being slow, install it using the BiosBlockIO option (instead of sata). You PC has a UEFI firmware, so you should eventually install Clover in UEFI mode after you finish stabilizing your install.

I have a question though. Did you need the LAPIC and CPUpm patches with your system to boot? I wonder if HP has the same issue with desktops too!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am trying to install el captain using clover and the Apple will appear and the white line stops about half way of loading. Can you help me on the 8200 kents and other stuff you used?

Hi

What GPU are you using? I have not upgraded to El Capitan as I had issues when I did.

Also what method did you use to create the installer?

Thanks