BCM94352HMB Wi-Fi freezes system. Any solution?

kkskks2

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I used Mavericks 10.9.1 on Chameleon for a long time. At that time, I was not able to use Wi-Fi because I cannot find a compatible kext for the Wi-Fi card in my laptop. So, I just used an USB Wi-Fi card. Recently, I bought BCM94352HMB card, and as you may know I could easily find a kext for BCM94352 card. However, after changing the Wi-Fi card, my system is going to be frozen randomly. (Specifically, during watching streaming videos) I cannot move the mouse point, and what I can do is just press power button to reset the system. At that time, I thought that it was just a problem of Mavericks. So, I installed Yosemite 10.10.4 by using Chameleon. But, the problem was still there.

After googling, I realized that many people solved the freezing issue by using Clover rather than Chameleon. So, I also tried. But, even Clover was not able to solve my issue.

Now, I am almost 90 percentage convinced that the BCM94352 causes my issue, because when I turn off the BCM94352's Wi-Fi in the system preferences and use the USB Wi-Fi card, there is no issue. So, I think that the kext for BCM94352 or BCM94352 itself crashes my system to be frozen.

I know that some people who were suffered from USB 3.0 freezing problem, solved their issue by deleting GenericUSBXHCI.kext and rebuild cache by using Kext Utility. But, in my case, I cannot connect Wi-Fi if I delete the kext for BCM94352.

For your information, I installed the kexts for BCM94352 by using Vietnam tool. It installed FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM.kext in S/L/E. I also moved these kexts under EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 rather than S/L/E, but the freezing problem is still there.

Please help me if you have any idea. Thank you in advance.

My system: Laptop i5-3327u, 8gb ram, HD4000, 128gb Samsung SSD, BCM94352HMB

Did you try patching your DSDT ? I have one system with BCM4352 and this issue doesn't happen to me

Yes. I tried to patch my DSDT. I am not good at programming, so I just patched some common things and errors though.