Wake on LAN AppleIntelE1000e.kext

jasjeet

3 posts in this topic

Has anybody got WOL working on Yosemite with the AppleIntelE1000e.kext?

I have a Rampage Gene IV motherboard, and using th onboard Intel NIC connected to Gigabit network switch.

However when streaming media from the Mac on a Windows PC the Mac falls asleep after 15minutes, and the WOL command sent from my iPhone app is unable to wake the Mac up.

I have "Wake for Network Access" in Energy Saver enabled, and also wake from PCIE enabled in BIOS.

Any ideas?

Yes disable sleep for the machine while streaming as I told my nephew the other day when he asked identical question about the Mac Pro he inherited from me when I got my HP z800 to replace it. Somehow Apple in its wisdom never considered network activity to be a sign that the computer is still in use and should not sleep. Then again now I think on it more I believe the PleaseSleep app has setting in there that prevents the machine from sleeping if certain program is running may want to check it out. Now you would need to either remotely or locally log in to the machine to close the program to have it go to sleep when done streaming but it is the only thing I can think of at the moment to do what you need done.