HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

First forgive me if i am stupid, i can not find the z800 post installer file, can you provide a download link, thanks

Do you think can be used in my z600?? My plan is install with dell P690 instruction of Chris1111 and post install with this Z800, i am right?

MY hardware is Z600 dual xeon + NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 

Right now running 10.10.4 my plan is upgrade to El Capitan 

Thank you for all your work

i went tru install and it restarted after it finished is that normal? I was never presented with a desktop after reboot i am now on black screen with white apple logo and  it just sits there for long with a status bar underneath but nothing is happening.  Should I leave it longer?  I see HDD light working from time to time but I don't see any progress bar moving.  

I'm fully booted now with El Capitan on my z400 thanks to kif.007 for the files from post #166.  After I suffer from minor freezes with mouse and keyboard though but I'll try and get to the bottom of that sometime soon.  I've own my z400 for over a  year now and I've never been able to install  anything higher than Mavericks on it via clover.  I'm so happy I've come across such a wonderful community that knows what it is about helping each other. 

• Like 2

I am able to boot now but ATI 7970 looks to be hard to inject.  Now I am learning to inject VBIOS using Clover/Rom folder ..... my card is only seen as 15MB card and performance is poor.  I am injecting FBName Hamachi.  

for sound what does it mean to Install AppleHDA by S/L/E with SIP 0x67  ... i don't understand this part with SIP 0x67?  I am using kext wizard 3.7.11

I am hoping that you can help me. I have an HP Z400 running Win 10 and El Capitan on separate drives. I used Enoch Chameleon to install OS X. Now my bootloader is broken or corrupted and I cannot boot to El Capitan. I no longer have the USB installer so cannot boot from that. Is there any way I can repair the bootloader? I do not have access to a Mac. Thanking you. 

I am hoping that you can help me. I have an HP Z400 running Win 10 and El Capitan on separate drives. I used Enoch Chameleon to install OS X. Now my bootloader is broken or corrupted and I cannot boot to El Capitan. I no longer have the USB installer so cannot boot from that. Is there any way I can repair the bootloader? I do not have access to a Mac. Thanking you. 

I honestly don't have a clue how you could repair the boot loader without a working mac or a bootable usb.  How did the boot loader get corrupted?  The best feasible 

Out of curiosity, is there an audio patch for z400 using AppleHDA.kext?  

First forgive me if i am stupid, i can not find the z800 post installer file, can you provide a download link, thanks

Do you think can be used in my z600?? My plan is install with dell P690 instruction of Chris1111 and post install with this Z800, i am right?

MY hardware is Z600 dual xeon + NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 

Right now running 10.10.4 my plan is upgrade to El Capitan 

Thank you for all your work

Anybody??

The usb installer of Chriss1111 do not work on Z600, ideas??

Anybody??

The usb installer of Chriss1111 do not work on Z600, ideas??

Of course it works, all you do is create the usb with chris' tool and you put the appropriate kexts and such in the usb EFI for the Z600.. I don't have a Z600 so I can't really help you there. 

I honestly don't have a clue how you could repair the boot loader without a working mac or a bootable usb.  How did the boot loader get corrupted?  The best feasible 

Out of curiosity, is there an audio patch for z400 using AppleHDA.kext?  

I guess when I was experimenting with Clover, I somehow damaged the Enoch Chameleon Bootloader. I have now been able to install Yosemite from a DMG image using Transmac. Once I had Yosemite up and running, I installed Enoch Chameleon.to the drive that had El Capitan on it, and now I can boot to it once again. So you can install OS X starting without a working MAC creating a bootable USB installer with Windows.

Hi again

I have a problem with a Atto expressas R380 controler  in mavericks 10.9.1 works fine see screenshots

post-1555245-0-21664200-1458035912_thumb.png

post-1555245-0-82025100-1458035955_thumb.png

In el capitan using driver from Atto 

post-1555245-0-67521900-1458036088_thumb.png

didn't work the problem i think is the wrong slot (HDMI port)

can anyone help me

post-1555245-0-30050100-1458035913_thumb.png

Rockey12 i tried the dsdt you post but do not start up.

I did what you said in a ubuntu live and i got two files that are compressed here

Could you patch it?? I don´t know how to do it

Thank you

One question else, it is necessary the pci sata controller? Now i am running 10.10.4 without it

DSDT Z600.zip

@Rockey12

try this:

DSDT.aml.zip

Edit:

Have not you ever had a direct update from Yosemite to Capitan tried?

Always Clean Install?
Works very very well. Unfortunately I only have a German manual from our forum.

works very well !!!
  • Like 1

prima, mein englisch ist auch nicht ganz perfekt

ok, war ein Versuch wert, ist ohnehin nur Kosmetik, denke ich

Eure DSDT ist sehr umfangreich, sowie der PC auch sehr komplex ist.

In der DSDT ist kein PEGP oder PEG0, bzw. GFX0 Eintrag, daher sucht sich das System die Informationen zusammen.

Wenn die Grafik aber gut arbeitet, dann ist ja alles gut.

Ich schau mir die DSDT nochmal an.

Almost success, I made usb with Chriss and put kext and dsdt (thanks Rockey12) and i could install and update to 10.11.3

Only remain a wrong memory RAM detect I have 25gb 1066 MHz and only 12 gb at 1333 MHz is detected

I don´t know i can damage the ram due high speed and i want all my ram accessible 

What can i do??

To get sound working i used the one i had in Yosemite, here it is if is needed. Installed in 10.11 kext folder in EFI

VoodooHDA_v2.87.kext.zip

• Like 1