HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2018 at 9:33 PM, Rockey12 said:

For Z800 user my dsdt u can use as reference i have attached my dsdt +Config.plist + kexts for clover

For working Audio i have Attached all the related files u have to put into System Library Extension

if u are really interested in native power management u have to read carefully this thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/196771-ga-ex58-and-ga-x58a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/

For macOS High Sierra Clover Files.zip

Audio AppleHDA+other 2 kext.zip

Hi Rockey, thanks for helping me with your files. I was able to use them as a reference for my 10.12.6 system. I has been great. I recently got my hands on a RX 560 and I would like to try Mojave 10.14.6 or maybe even Catalina 10.15.2 just to see what is like.

I would like to know if I could use the same files you provided me for High Sierra as a reference or if I need to modify the config.plist differently this time. Regarding kexts files, are there any new ones I need to include on:

kexts/10.14

kexts/Other

From what I read on previous posts, macOS Catalina requires a change in SMBIOS as it won't boot otherwise on the Z800. What would be your SMBIOS recommendation for a dual socket z800?

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hi Rockey, as always thank you for your time and advice. Very interesting info about the 10.15 patcher for creating the USB, does that mean I only need to install clover into the SSD after macOS is installed? No need clover on the USB?

I will start doing the installations of 10.14 and 10.15 and report back.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!

I'll change for a HP Z800 soon.. Which Mac OS can I install onto this PC?

Specifications: X5675 Xeon (single, I'll change for dual later), Nvidia GTX 760, 48 GB ECC 1333 MHz RAM.

Could anyone send an EFI for making a Clover installer? (I don't know if its working without DSDT.aml)

Thank you very much, and have a happy New Year!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rockey 12,

I tried to make a Catalina USB installer based on the topic installation guides, but I could install it.

With a simple OS upgrade all the functions are working for you, no need for hack?

I copie Mojave HDD EFI..USB keyboard and mouse didn't work..This DSDT just Catalina compatible? Sorry, I see now that you said it was just for Catalina.

Can you suggest an SMBIOS for KEPLER Nvidia card?

Edited by hirion