HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, PPCnostalgic said:

Jaymac. Thank you very much for sharing your files. I've just made an USB Clover stick with your settings and kexts, I couldn't use your SSDT because I have a different cpu but I'm looking forward to check out my machine with those files. I'll leave the USB plugged in my Z400 for somedays and see what happen, I hope to get rid of my random boot failures with Mojave stuck at Apple logo....

BTW I too had to install old Atheros kext to make my WiFi card work and it did work but the machine didn't sleep. Now I'm using Ethernet cable and sleep works, although if Apple Mail is launched sleep doesnt' work....

Does sleep work on your Z400 with WiFi card and Mail launched?

Again thank you for your support!

My WiFi card is a TP-LINK TL-WN881ND. Kext is old ver. of I08211.Family.kext. I am unaware of anything that does not function. Sleep works with WiFi or cable. Do you mean mail or IMessage? I probably have some unnecessary kexts, but am leaving well alone.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:29 AM, antialias said:

Hello guys, 

I have HP Z420 Workstation, Intel Xeon E-1620v2 CPU, ATI Radeon Sapphire Nitro RX570 4Gb GPU, 8 GB unbuffered ECC RAM. My 24" monitor is connected to GPU with DVI cable. 

I am running the latest Clover (Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS) with Whatevergreen and Lilu kexts. My primary OS is still MacOS Sierra because I can't install Mojave. RX570 GPU works perfectly in MacOS Sierra. I am wondering what I am doing wrong, RX570 should work OOB in Mojave, but I get a black screen and can't get to installer screen. What could be wrong? Why is my GPU working in Sierra and not in Mojave? It's the same Clover and kexts. I've tried all different SMBIOS, without any luck. I can also see people run the same GPU without any problems in Mojave. Frustrating.

Hi @antialias,

I planning to have the similar build (HP Z420 + RX 570), but I'm wondering if the original 600W power supply is enough to drive the RX 570. Did you upgrade the PSU in your HP Z420? Thanks.

I meant Mail (email client embedded in Mac OS). I had to replace your dsdt with mine or the PC reboot itself every 2 minutes. Your Clover>Extensions>Other folder does contain several kext, some of them

are probably unnecessary but my Z400 works fine 'til now, I'll continue my testing in the next days and I'll keep you informed.... Thank you for your precious infos.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:46 AM, PPCnostalgic said:

I meant Mail (email client embedded in Mac OS). I had to replace your dsdt with mine or the PC reboot itself every 2 minutes. Your Clover>Extensions>Other folder does contain several kext, some of them

are probably unnecessary but my Z400 works fine 'til now, I'll continue my testing in the next days and I'll keep you informed.... Thank you for your precious infos.

Have you tried using SMBIOS IMac 13.2 yet? It is the one that has worked best for me. Also remember I do not use NULLCPU I have always found it necessary to disable Wake Up On LAN in the Bios. Otherwise I get reboots. Virtual is disabled.

Edited by jaymack

HP Z400 is quite similar to Mac Pro 5.1 (X58 - ICH10 chipset) and a Xeon cpu Nehalem or Gulftown 32nm. iMac 13.2 is a Core i5 and it's totally different motherboard, I'll give it a try but since I started to hack I always

heard we have to choose the Mac model closer to our hardware in Smbios. Did you notice some relevant difference(s) between Mac Pro 5.1 and iMac 13.2 on your Z400?

10 minutes ago, PPCnostalgic said:

HP Z400 is quite similar to Mac Pro 5.1 (X58 - ICH10 chipset) and a Xeon cpu Nehalem or Gulftown 32nm. iMac 13.2 is a Core i5 and it's totally different motherboard, I'll give it a try but since I started to hack I always

heard we have to choose the Mac model closer to our hardware in Smbios. Did you notice some relevant difference(s) between Mac Pro 5.1 and iMac 13.2 on your Z400?

Mac Pro 5,1 did not work for me. I have an Xeon W3565 which is quad core 3.2 ghz as is the Imac 13.2  with an Intel i5 3470. Speedstepping is working.

16 minutes ago, PPCnostalgic said:

Mac Pro 5,1 did not work for me. I have an Xeon W3565 which is quad core 3.2 ghz as is the Imac 13.2  with an Intel i5 3470. Speedstepping is working.

I am aware of this              

Mac Pro "Quad Core" 3.2 (2010/Nehalem) 3.2 GHz Q. Core Xeon W3565
apple-mac-pro-mid-2010.jpg
Intro. July 27, 2010* Disc. June 11, 2012
Order BTO/CTO Model A1289 (EMC 2314-2*)
Family Mid-2010 ID MacPro5,1
RAM 3 GB VRAM 1 GB
Storage 1 TB HDD Optical 18X DL "SuperDrive"

hello and greetings to all, I have a problem, i buy an rx590 and I would like to use mac on my hp z800 the problem is that I can not install it because when it starts it gets a black screen, and test all the hext, all the ports of the video card, and nothing has been able to work, I still having black screen, i try sierra, high sierra, and mojave and nothing it still not workin :,c my hardware is x2 x5550, 152gb ram, rx590. If someone could help me, I would thank them infinitely.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Rockey12 said:

updated successfully Cat B2 The only problum i have cannot use Patched AppleHDA kext any more 

694624154_Screenshot2019-06-20at02_54_57.thumb.png.fc3035ea3af1d4683426399f363c54ed.png

To use patch HDA or any system kext you need to RW the disk first

Tyoe this two command

sudo mount -uw

Follow by ENTER

killall Finder

Follow by ENTER

Now you have access to modifying system kext

• Like 1

@Rockey12

I have your data built in AppleALC 1: 1 for layoutID 15 (0F)

AppleALC only works with native AppleHDA, not with patched AppleHDA !!!

try this:

trial1_alc663_layoutID_15.zip

Lilu + AppleALC to Clover/kexts/other/

Inject variant DSDT / HDEF:

"alc-layout-id"
Buffer (0x04)
{
     0x0F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"layout-id"
Buffer (0x04)
{
    0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

or Inject Variant Clover:
Audio Inject -> 15
Set FixHDA
and / or try boot flag alcid=15

For Catalina-Beta boot flag -lilubetaall -alcbeta

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have a HP Z400 with a Nvidia NVS300. It works perfectly with Sierra 10.12.6

Now I have bought a second monitor, but macOS does not recognize the second screen. I have installed the Nvidia Web Drivers-378.05.05.25f15 (I choose the NvidiaWeb option in Clover Configurator), but the problem continues...

Any suggestions?

P.D: I attached my config.plist and DSDT files. Windows 7 detects the two monitors without problems.

config.plist

DSDT.aml

25 minutes ago, Rockey12 said:

this is the only solution in your case but i don don't know did you trying on dual VGA adapter or something else

dms-59-male-to-2-dual-link-dvi-i-24-5-pin-splitter-cable-taktau44-1804-10-taktau44@1.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 00.52.42.png

I have this cable adaptor, it works in Windows, but it does not work in Sierra.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I bought a new graphic card. That is it Gigabyte GV-RX580https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B071Y7XJY4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But when I tried to used it, the screen turns black when the login screen had to appear.

Have I change something in my config.plist file?

Thank you so much for your help!

config.plist

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2019 at 1:23 AM, jaymack said:

I have 5 hard drives including two with Mojave. I have Win10 on one drive. I dual boot. Every install since High Sierra has been problem free. I only have to install an older kext to get my WiFi to work. Even power stepping works. I do not use NullCPU

Other.zip

ssdt.aml.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

Thanks a lot ! After several days of struggle ... this finally got my system up and running with audio.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 6:37 PM, jogurt79 said:

Hi Rockey12,

thanks a lot for offer to help me. I attached files you asked for.

Now I dont have kernel panic with this last EFI folder (this EFI folder work for me with High Sierra), but after 15 minutes I see what I send (Mojave installer 10.14.6).

DSDT.zip

EFI.zip

Hi Rockey12, after update BIOS to version 3.61 I was able to install Catalina 10.15.2 with EFI folder what I attached. Thanks again for offer to help.

Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 15.17.32.png

• Like 1