HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Hey Rockey,

I used to run 10.9.5 without problems year ago on z800 I am running windows server on it now but your post gives me hope to try El-Capitan.  Any instructions how to install everything I always used the Chameleon guide ... never used Clover ... what are the steps?  What graphics card do you have I will be trying with ATI 7970.

Thanks

Hey Rockey,

I used to run 10.9.5 without problems year ago on z800 I am running windows server on it now but your post gives me hope to try El-Capitan. Any instructions how to install everything I always used the Chameleon guide ... never used Clover ... what are the steps? What graphics card do you have I will be trying with ATI 7970.

Thanks

This should help:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/

I have a hp Z400 with 6 mem slots, xeon w3520, 8gb ddr3 ecc, hgst 250gb and Ati radeon 6870.

I have Installed the latest bios 3.57.

I have 2 successful virtual machines installation vbox with Yosemite and VmWare with El Capitain working as guests at w7x64 ult oem hp win host os.

I tried many (> 20) times to install El Cap or Yosemite on hdd.

The furthest i have got is kernel panic that looks like for me. It looks like when everything is loaded and cpu wants to start protected mode or gui or installation program everything fails an i got following memory dump as pictured here: http://tinypic.com/r/23vhyf6/9

I tried all what i could think of in combination of CLOVER flags and bios settings but still cannot make any progress.

Tried to be as restrictive as I could but always exactly the same result.

It must be that i am doing something really wrong since I cannot see even Installer running.

Any help is welcome :)

I followed all that i could find in this post or some other places on the internet but w/o any success :(

Any suggestions?

I feel very frustrated and dumb....

I do not have any experience with any OS X, however i do have some exp with windows from 3.11 to 7 :)

as well as some Linux experience. It looks like it did not help at all...

Thanks in adv! :)

I have a hp Z400 with 6 mem slots, xeon w3520, 8gb ddr3 ecc, hgst 250gb and Ati radeon 6870.

I have Installed the latest bios 3.57.

I have 2 successful virtual machines installation vbox with Yosemite and VmWare with El Capitain working as guests at w7x64 ult oem hp win host os.

I tried many (> 20) times to install El Cap or Yosemite on hdd.

The furthest i have got is kernel panic that looks like for me. It looks like when everything is loaded and cpu wants to start protected mode or gui or installation program everything fails an i got following memory dump as pictured here: http://tinypic.com/r/23vhyf6/9

I tried all what i could think of in combination of CLOVER flags and bios settings but still cannot make any progress.

Tried to be as restrictive as I could but always exactly the same result.

It must be that i am doing something really wrong since I cannot see even Installer running.

Any help is welcome :)

I followed all that i could find in this post or some other places on the internet but w/o any success :(

Any suggestions?

I feel very frustrated and dumb....

I do not have any experience with any OS X, however i do have some exp with windows from 3.11 to 7 :)

as well as some Linux experience. It looks like it did not help at all...

Thanks in adv! :)

I am not aware of anyone who has been able to install El Capitan on an HP Z400 using Clover. It has been done using Enoch Chameleon.

Rocky12,  Thanks much for your help. I tried to create usb drive with dell precision clover tool however it says that i don't have .app either for yosemite or el capt...

I am also not familiar at all with OS X lingo - jargon so, i am not sure about dsdt, config.plist, ...

I would be fine with installation Yosemite or El Capt on z400, does not to be any specific, why did readers conclude that I am asking for El Capt, Thread is called Yosemite..

Is there any complete idiot-proof description (straight algorithm) of how to do things without much referencing to other posts, because they also reference to someones else post.

After 2. and 3. reference I am lost. 

It could be any Os Yose or Elcap.

any bootoader that works

any parameters that i need to enter - change either before, or after installation of os, boot loader, ...

I do have a nVidia quadro that i can put into machine in case (i am not sure for the model now) in case OS X cannot install/start with radeon 6870.

So please, be patient and clear as much as possible.

10x a lot!

Rocky12,  Thanks much for your help. I tried to create usb drive with dell precision clover tool however it says that i don't have .app either for yosemite or el capt...

I am also not familiar at all with OS X lingo - jargon so, i am not sure about dsdt, config.plist, ...

I would be fine with installation Yosemite or El Capt on z400, does not to be any specific, why did readers conclude that I am asking for El Capt, Thread is called Yosemite..

Is there any complete idiot-proof description (straight algorithm) of how to do things without much referencing to other posts, because they also reference to someones else post.

After 2. and 3. reference I am lost. 

It could be any Os Yose or Elcap.

any bootoader that works

any parameters that i need to enter - change either before, or after installation of os, boot loader, ...

I do have a nVidia quadro that i can put into machine in case (i am not sure for the model now) in case OS X cannot install/start with radeon 6870.

So please, be patient and clear as much as possible.

10x a lot!

You mentioned El Cap in your initial post and also in this post even though the thread is about installing Yosemite.

I did. I have two different apps Yosemite and El Capitain.

Here is my DSDT fiel in the attachment.

I hope it will say more than my words.. :)

If i need to submit any other file to clarify further my situation please tell me what i need to upload

and also where is usually located so i can find it.

10x a lot!

DSDT.zip

this is my own experience on yosemite and El Cap if u think ur method is batter then i am kindly requesting you to explain how to without dsdt with clover

this is ur patched dsdt

Clover has never worked for me on my HP Z400. I used Chameleon for Mavericks and Yosemite, and Enoch Chameleon for El Capitan. I haven't seen an installation of El Capitan on an HP Z400 using Clover.

Clover has never worked for me on my HP Z400. I used Chameleon for Mavericks and Yosemite, and Enoch Chameleon for El Capitan. I haven't seen an installation of El Capitan on an HP Z400 using Clover.

Does anyone have audio working on El Capitan on a z400?  Theres no reason for me to move from Yosemite to El Capitan unless audio is fully working.

Thanks

I made EL Capt boot disk using ##### and elcapt.app downloaded through app store

i have chosen legacy bios mode.

(i have no mac with me so all i do is from VMW El capt console, i hope it does not make problems) (preparing usb boot drive)

As soon as I see on the screen: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ which i am assuming is loading and or decompressing of kernel in ram i got panic memory dump and reset. So i cannot see installer at all, neither any dmesg because it resterts immediately.

here is my config.plist.

Sorry guys for bothering... :(

thanks

Clover_Install_Log.txt

config.plist.zip

u can use  clover 

how to make USB pin drive  http://www.insanelym...10#entry2217158

i have attached some files u can use change the Graphic  to ATI in Config.Plist

if u need further help i hope so that anyone of us can help u

the most important thing is the dsdt u need clover auto patched dsdt Otherwise u cannot boot

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400-z600-z800-workstations-yosemite-1010x-installation/page-5

i have attached some files in my last post u can use it for the installation purpose u need 16 gig usb pen drive

if u want to install yosemite use the boot flage kext-dev-mode=1 PciRootUID=0

if u want to install El capitan use the boot flage -v rootless=0 pcirootuid=0 

10.11 folder 

config.plist

clover patched DSDT

will this all work for z800?  I am downloading clover now to make a usb drive on 16 gig stick…. do I have to use this DSDT and where can i place it?   Also what z800 bios settings to use and where to connect the HD.  I have many drives and 2 SAS Raids so maybe i should disconnect all.  Also using ATI gfx should i put true in config.plist and false for nvidia?  Thanks will try it in an hour with your boot argument….

I am trying to make this usb stick using CLOVER DELL Precision 690 installer i downloaded from that link you posted.  I am running mac pro 1.1 original and the app is crashing i can't even open it :(  Says Clover has quit unexpectedly.  It is just crashing.  I am running 10.7.5 on this mac pro original.

I am having trouble with black screen ... it installed just fine but now it is hanging after it lists ATI Radeon sensors and bluetooth missing it hangs there long like 3 minutes and then it goes into osx but with black screen. 

I never used clover I don't know if I am doing something wrong with these boot options.  Can you help me.  Do I have to change anything in the EFI Boot options or just options.  I have added that string for El-Capitan i think i am just missing something with ATI card.

I am also using all files you posted from folder 22 on this post.  DSDT i placed in EFI partition on the stick in ACPI patched and I put kext in 10.11 for all those kext you posted in this zip file.  I replaced in config.plist for ATI true and Nvidia False.  What else?

I would kindly ask someone who has a Z400 with 3.57 bios and 6 memory slots to share with me bios settings. It could be easily done by saving settings in the bios to an usb drive and attach them here. I managed to make installer to work in safe mode, however the installer does not see any hard disks. I am assuming that is because on z400 ahci is represented by ahci+raid or with possibly different sata controller chip or just its id comparing to regular non hp x58 chipset.

Anyhow thanks! :)

The z400 is one of my favorite workstations because it's so quiet and fast. I've got Mavericks 10.9.5 running on mine now and it's very snappy and everything from works except for iMessage. Only if I could use Clover bootloader with this machine, it would be my daily driver.

The z400 is one of my favorite workstations because it's so quiet and fast. I've got Mavericks 10.9.5 running on mine now and it's very snappy and everything from works except for iMessage. Only if I could use Clover bootloader with this machine, it would be my daily driver.

Are you using a DSDT with Mavericks? If not try this. I used this version with Mavericks. This is different from the one in post #121

dsdt.aml (3).zip

Wow amazing job Rockey :)  Can you please post the final kext and DSDT you are using so that audio works.  I have not yet had time to try resolving my ATI card not booting but I am sure it is something small.  Can you take pictures of the bios settings from z800 please because I am having issues there also I think.  I have disabled what you suggested but to no avail.  Do you boot with AHCI or IDE settings?

Thanks for your contribution and to Chris!

• Like 1