HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

If you use my EFI Z400 folder in config.plist, then System Parameters the NvidiaWeb option is checked, may be related to your problem.

• Like 1

If you use my EFI Z400 folder in config.plist, then System Parameters the NvidiaWeb option is checked, may be related to your problem.

ok the next thing what u can do to look in your clover kext folder which do u have 

remove all  the kext  which u don,t need

try this C.Plist

Thanks guys, I'll try these when I get off work!

ok the next thing what u can do to look in your clover kext folder which do u have 

remove all  the kext  which u don,t need

try this C.Plist

Didn't work :/ Tried a lot of things today - to no avail...

I have the following kexts:

AHCIPortInjector_v100_Micky1979.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector_v1.0.0_Micky1979.kext
LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Patched_10.12_AppleRTC.kext

How do I know which one isn't needed?

Thanks guys, I actually managed to fix it by an alternative route. I reinstalled the SSD with the Chameleon method as mentioned above (this youtube guide), and then installed Clover (version 3994r or something) with the EFI kif.007 posted above (because the newest Clover wouldn't work).

So far everything seems to be working besides:

* iMessage - I actually got past the authentication error as I had before, now it just says "_____ is not registered with iMessage" - suppose I should follow the well known guides on how to get that to work.

* The PC reboots when it should shut down - any ideas? Not home at the moment but IIRC the config.plist has the fix

<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
<true/>
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For a dual socket Z800 with X5675's, Can anyone post a link or something that can help me with a proper config.plist for clover and what BIOS settings to use? I see all sorts of conflicting reports. All drives are connected to SATA and BIOS is updated completely. I am on 10.12.6 and I will boot to a screen of red text on occasion.

Never mind the previous post. I had installed Clover wrong.

Anyway, I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me. I have tried to follow this thread and see what is up but there is a lot going on. I have a HP Z800 with dual x5675's and 48GB of RAM. I have the latest clover and BIOS installed. My networking and graphics (Quadro 4000) work just fine. My USB is not working well and I want to make sure my BIOS and config.plist settings are right before I start deleting system kexts. If someone could answer these questions or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Also, I have used a vanilla install and all of the kexts I used are in my clover EFI partion in the "other" folder. Things are working fine for the most part. I feel like I am missing something, so though most everything works, I wanted to ask the basic questions again.

1) What options in BIOS should be changed from the default settings?

2) What are the basic kexts that you all are using aside from FakeSMC?

3) Is there a config.plist setting somewhere that might fix these USB issues?

4) For installation of Sierra 10.12.X, what is the current goto guide for the Z800?

Please throw in any useful information needed

Aloha !

Much obliged to this guide. Thank u all. I have a pretty nice Z400 running 10.11.6. Specs are XEON W3550, 18GB 1333MHz DDR3, NVidia FX3800 1GB, Atheros 9285 WiFi, v3.57 BIOS. Most everything seems to work well, QE, sleep, audio, speedstep with only 3 speeds, etc.

I am booting Clover v2.3k r3346. My config applies no fixes and only these patches -> AppleRTC, KernelPm.

I also do the External icons patch for AppleAHCIPort.kext. I am configured as MacPro5,1.

These are the kexts in my /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11:

ACPISensors.kext
AHCIPortInjector.kext
CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GPUSensors.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
LPCSensors.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

These are the kexts added/replaced in my /S/L/E:

AppleHDA.kext (from this guide)
CodecCommander.kext

I have modded my own DSDT and generated my own SSDT.

Interestingly, I was never able to generate a DSDT with F4 so started with a linux DSDT from my system.

Even stranger, any DSDT modded from my base generated DSDT would result in a black display right after the Clover boot screen.

I needed to start with a DSDT provided by jaymack as a base and mod from there.

This was my first time that a self-generated DSDT would not go in the many, many hacks that I have built over the years going all the way back to 10.5 !

I am experiencing these issues ...

I do have AppleLPC.kext loading but will still KP shortly after logon if I remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

AppleHPET.kext is NOT loading. If I do the "usual" HPET patch this system will KP during boot.

The HPET patch that I found on this site seems to result in a return value that prevents AppleHPET from loading.

Is this the intent ? Am I mistaken ?

These messages do appear in my system.log ...

Jul 26 22:45:12 kernel[0]: HPET: map device registers failed

kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Jul 26 22:45:28  kernel[0]: AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM - registering with plugin with ASPM Support false
Jul 26 22:45:28  kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::gatherCStateOverrides - failed to set c-state demotion data: -1
Jul 26 22:45:28  kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c418086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8

-----

I do NOT need to ditch the stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext and load an older version to run, so I don't.

I really like to avoid running with an old version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, if at all possible.

Is rolling back AppleACPIPlatform necessary to achieve better Power Management ?

Also, I notice that I can eliminate IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and still boot up fine.

What does adding this kext buy me ?

Finally, I notice ...

FireWire Bus:

Warning:    Unable to list FireWire devices. <in RED>

On the FireWire info panel of System Information.

I did perform a mod for that and got rid of the "Power Conservation Disabled" notice.

Oh and last thing, USB devices mount and work fine but will disconnect cold when entering sleep.

I routinely see "Disk Not Ejected Properly" messages littering my screen for each USB device connected upon waking.

Anyway. Just wanted to ask if anyone could enlighten me about the PM, HPET & USB issues that I see.

Thanks in advance !

Dear Mr. Bisk. I got some questions for you. You sound smart.

>ACPISensors.kext
>AHCIPortInjector.kext

What do these kexts do?

"I have modded my own DSDT and generated my own SSDT.

Interestingly, I was never able to generate a DSDT with F4 so started with a linux DSDT from my system.

Even stranger, any DSDT modded from my base generated DSDT would result in a black display right after the Clover boot screen.

This was my first time that a self-generated DSDT would not go in the many, many hacks that I have built over the years going all the way back to 10.5 !"

Could you please help me do this? this may help my USB issues with my Z800 Dual socket PC as well. What programs do I need? If Clover can generate it, what must I do to it to make it right?

Could you tell me how to get my boot to log or where these are stored?

I am not sure how closely related a Z400 and Z800 are, but I am willing to share anything that may help.

Dear Mr. Bisk. I got some questions for you. You sound smart.

>ACPISensors.kext

>AHCIPortInjector.kext

What do these kexts do?

"I have modded my own DSDT and generated my own SSDT.

This was my first time that a self-generated DSDT would not go in the many, many hacks that I have built over the years going all the way back to 10.5 !"

Could you please help me do this? this may help my USB issues with my Z800 Dual socket PC as well. What programs do I need? If Clover can generate it, what must I do to it to make it right?

Could you tell me how to get my boot to log or where these are stored?

I am not sure how closely related a Z400 and Z800 are, but I am willing to share anything that may help.

I sound smart, huh ? LOL !

Not a bad act when I'm writing in about my confusion ;)

OK, you don't actually need these ...

ACPISensors.kext

CPUSensors.kext

GPUSensors.kext

LPCSensors.kext

as they are simply support kexts for the HWMonitor.app.

Go ahead and google HWMonitor and HWSensors for more info. These are a nice add-on after you have your base system working.

AHCIPortInjector.kext is to get the HP 400/600/800 older/legacy SATA controller working. No HDD recognized w/o it on these old desktops.

I think that there is a significant difference between the Z400 and Z800, especially since yours is dual proc and mine is a single so my work isn't likely to transfer well for you.

If this is your first hack, it will be a fair challenge as it's a little bit more involved.

Have you managed to do an install as per guidance on this forum ?

I do not see your log file. But you go on to ask how to get your boot to log and where to find it.

Do you have a real Mac to prepare install media ?

If so, what exactly is happening when you boot ?

Aloha !

Much obliged to this guide. Thank u all. I have a pretty nice Z400 running 10.11.6. Specs are XEON W3550, 18GB 1333MHz DDR3, NVidia FX3800 1GB, Atheros 9285 WiFi, v3.57 BIOS. Most everything seems to work well, QE, sleep, audio, speedstep with only 3 speeds, etc.

I am booting Clover v2.3k r3346. My config applies no fixes and only these patches -> AppleRTC, KernelPm.

I also do the External icons patch for AppleAHCIPort.kext. I am configured as MacPro5,1.

ACPISensors.kext

AHCIPortInjector.kext

CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

GPUSensors.kext

LPCSensors.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

CodecCommander.kext

This was my first time that a self-generated DSDT would not go in the many, many hacks that I have built over the years going all the way back to 10.5 !

I do have AppleLPC.kext loading but will still KP shortly after logon if I remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

AppleHPET.kext is NOT loading. If I do the "usual" HPET patch this system will KP during boot.

The HPET patch that I found on this site seems to result in a return value that prevents AppleHPET from loading.

kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Jul 26 22:45:28  kernel[0]: AppleLPC::notifyPlatformASPM - registering with plugin with ASPM Support false

Jul 26 22:45:28  kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::gatherCStateOverrides - failed to set c-state demotion data: -1

Jul 26 22:45:28  kernel[0]: AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c418086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8

-----

I do NOT need to ditch the stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext and load an older version to run, so I don't.

I really like to avoid running with an old version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext, if at all possible.

Is rolling back AppleACPIPlatform necessary to achieve better Power Management ?

Also, I notice that I can eliminate IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and still boot up fine.

Finally, I notice ...

FireWire Bus:

I did perform a mod for that and got rid of the "Power Conservation Disabled" notice.

Oh and last thing, USB devices mount and work fine but will disconnect cold when entering sleep.

I routinely see "Disk Not Ejected Properly" messages littering my screen for each USB device connected upon waking.

Anyway. Just wanted to ask if anyone could enlighten me about the PM, HPET & USB issues that I see.

Thanks in advance !

There is a 3.60 Bios. What version of Mac OS X are you running? I use SIMBIOS 13.2.

Aloha !

ACPISensors.kext

AHCIPortInjector.kext

CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC.kext

GPUSensors.kext

LPCSensors.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

CodecCommander.kext

-----

Finally, I notice ...

FireWire Bus:

Thanks in advance !

There is a3.60 Bios. I use SMBIOS 13.2' What MAC OS X are you running? I do not use  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

>Yes, I have a working vanilla install. My SMBIOS is macpro 5,1

I do not see your log file. But you go on to ask how to get your boot to log and where to find it.

>I have been doing verbose boots and any other thing I know to do to try and troubleshoot any problems I find.

>Yes. I don't use distro's or beast tools unless last resort.

>My boot issues are gone. My main issue is that 2 of my USB ports on the back are inop and I have to unplug and replug USB ports upon each boot. It isn't a bad issue, just an annoying one. I will look into those 2 serson kexts and where to find them.

>Yes, I have a working vanilla install. My SMBIOS is macpro 5,1

>I have been doing verbose boots and any other thing I know to do to try and troubleshoot any problems I find.

>Yes. I don't use distro's or beast tools unless last resort.

>My boot issues are gone. My main issue is that 2 of my USB ports on the back are inop and I have to unplug and replug USB ports upon each boot. It isn't a bad issue, just an annoying one. I will look into those 2 serson kexts and where to find them.

Ah, sorry, should have looked back a couple of messages and I would have seen where you were in the process. Very Good !

Hmmm, might those 2 problem ports be USB3 ? If so, it sounds like you have USB3 issues. Z400 is USB2 only so we r in different boats there.

You probably have an Intel USB3 controller so maybe the FakePCIID solution is what you need. Look into the fine work by rehabman ...

In particular, FakePCIID_XHCIMux. There will be some DSDT mods required, perhaps.

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads/

Hope this helps :)

There is a 3.60 Bios. What version of Mac OS X are you running? I use SIMBIOS 13.2.

There is a3.60 Bios. I use SMBIOS 13.2' What MAC OS X are you running? I do not use  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Hi jaymack, thanks so much for responding :)

Yes, I am aware of the 3.60 BIOS. I had so much trouble with the last one that I have been a bit gunshy with that next upgrade :8

I am running the very last version of El Cap, 10.11.6.

Not sure what you mean by "SMBIOS 13.2". I'll search on that.

I can tell that my PM is not right by those log errors that I mention in my previous post.

My lspci output shows NO SMBus device and HPET seems to be unsupported.

Does AppleHPET.kext load for you ?

Could I bother you for the output of your "kextstat" and "lspci -nn" commands ?

My build is vanilla other than a patched AppleHDA.kext and the addition of the CodecCommander, AHCIPortInjector, FakeSMC and NullCPUPM which I would love to get rid of.

My system does step at 3 speeds, 1.6GHz, 3.07GHz and 3.2GHz and sleeps fully by command or timer.

Yet, if I remove NullCPUPM, I will KP with a minute or so after booting up.

I am defined as Macro5,1 so should be OK, AFAIK :(

Hey, I just did a kextstat compare between this HP Z400 (MacPro5,1) and another that I am concurrently building, an Acer Aspire 5755G (MacBookPro8,2).

Both are running 10.11.6. One glaring difference between them.

The Acer HackBookPro8,2 is loading ...

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) CD9CEB54-E0CE-3DF8-B7CE-2D4272B15D18 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) 99C8A694-575D-32C8-B319-1BB8F5518D97 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
com.apple.driver.AppleAPIC (1.7) 04696395-E633-3657-89BD-9908A5C60F56 <4 3>
com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS (2.1) BEB6C00A-8353-3DE6-A438-3D8AE2F9A5F0 <7 4 3>
com.apple.driver.AppleHPET (1.8) 801E20D9-1D7A-353F-A638-05430128D61D <11 7 5 4 3>

while the HPZ400 HackPro5,1 is only loading ...

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) CD9CEB54-E0CE-3DF8-B7CE-2D4272B15D18 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

No HPET, which I knew but ALSO NO AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient !

Is this what makes me KP shortly after boot if NULLCPUPowerManagement is unloaded ?

Or does just the inclusion of NULLCPUPowerManagement prevent AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient from loading in the first place ?

This reply will be in parts. My kextstat is this:

Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>
    1   83 0xffffff7f80a46000 0x9d90     0x9d90     com.apple.kpi.bsd (16.7.0) 410B3B98-9DAB-4590-9086-7C57A5B3099A
    2    8 0xffffff7f80dff000 0x3940     0x3940     com.apple.kpi.dsep (16.7.0) FA744B47-913C-4B5D-8C16-2F8005D85935
    3  106 0xffffff7f80a04000 0x21040    0x21040    com.apple.kpi.iokit (16.7.0) 80F2DA67-C67B-4583-9B09-082DB11F69FC
    4  113 0xffffff7f80a26000 0xd200     0xd200     com.apple.kpi.libkern (16.7.0) 370A17F8-C9B7-491A-ACD6-277523ECF3C3
    5   99 0xffffff7f80a00000 0x3dd0     0x3dd0     com.apple.kpi.mach (16.7.0) D88C120B-2055-45F0-B210-8AD0BDE2DEB0
    6   58 0xffffff7f80a34000 0xbbf0     0xbbf0     com.apple.kpi.private (16.7.0) A717B7EC-67D4-4FCC-945E-0F457192AC93
    7   67 0xffffff7f80a40000 0x5890     0x5890     com.apple.kpi.unsupported (16.7.0) BE6C03E4-B6FE-4658-9026-7DED804909B0
    8    6 0xffffff7f80e06000 0xa9000    0xa9000    com.apple.kec.corecrypto (1.0) E3701C61-A548-3181-9F3E-C90DF8327185 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
    9    0 0xffffff7f80f62000 0xf000     0xf000     com.apple.kec.pthread (1) 225C22A5-813D-3651-9C40-FDEEAB0D78E1 <7 6 5 4 1>
   10    1 0xffffff7f8182e000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.kec.Libm (1) 968CBFF1-925D-321E-A5E0-0C5C563BF08C <4>
   11   21 0xffffff7f81839000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily (1.4) 4F7FB6AD-2498-3F71-827C-ED7AA4BF2511 <7 6 4 3>
   12   27 0xffffff7f80b32000 0x35000    0x35000    com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily (2.9) 3E00E7D2-E569-341D-9BE0-34D5DE491825 <7 6 5 4 3>
   13    1 0xffffff7f82f85000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   14    0 0xffffff7f830ac000 0x2000     0x2000     org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) 93D39664-55FB-9220-39AD-A436B33DB160 <7 4 3>
   15    1 0xffffff7f81af8000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.driver.AppleFDEKeyStore (28.30) EA5D0966-E8EA-337A-98EB-195806E8F723 <8 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   16    2 0xffffff7f82029000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily (31) B14DC3D3-7250-3DA3-BF50-C666EBEDAF4C <5 4 3>
   17    8 0xffffff7f80a50000 0x27000    0x27000    com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily (2.1) F908D7F5-4F54-3B89-8657-57F06350F4DB <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   18    0 0xffffff7f82126000 0x19000    0x19000    com.apple.driver.DiskImages (444.50.16) 7A04C2E6-40FF-36A9-84D4-FDF685F3B0A9 <17 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   19    1 0xffffff7f81842000 0xd000     0xd000     com.apple.driver.AppleBusPowerController (1.0) DB526B45-1A45-3A81-A0C1-57F826CADEDF <11 5 4 3>
   20   12 0xffffff7f8184f000 0x69000    0x69000    com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily (1.1) 896273C6-36AE-30AC-9274-1BCB7C9A4062 <19 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   21    3 0xffffff7f818c0000 0x1e000    0x1e000    com.apple.driver.KernelRelayHost (1) DDF94CEB-B30D-3DA9-A783-F86D72A62215 <20 5 4 3>
   22    1 0xffffff7f82aac000 0x25000    0x25000    com.apple.driver.AppleCredentialManager (1.0) 3DC3C93A-F1BC-3B04-B770-B3771039FF0E <21 8 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   23    2 0xffffff7f80f1c000 0x17000    0x17000    com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity (1.0.5) E54425FE-971A-38E2-8F27-82A1B7A3479D <8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1>
   24    0 0xffffff7f82ad1000 0x55000    0x55000    com.apple.driver.AppleKeyStore (2) 884F9643-4316-3596-9A77-F1053C033358 <23 22 21 8 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   25    0 0xffffff7f82b8b000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (219.0.0) F7CC3395-98DB-3420-9C24-1017D52E13AE <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   26    2 0xffffff7f830b0000 0x19000    0x19000    org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1426) 7FA10BCC-EF25-3EAF-A030-E9EA5F78C828 <11 7 5 4 3 1>
   27    0 0xffffff7f830c9000 0x4000     0x4000     com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll (0.6.1) 4C141052-7721-37C0-874E-4AC05FE917EB <12 11 4 3>
   28    0 0xffffff7f830ce000 0x5000     0x5000     org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors (1426) 83AE6ED1-B30C-36F7-8963-718042ECE475 <26 7 5 4 3>
   29    0 0xffffff7f80e03000 0x2000     0x2000     com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet (8) B87D3377-617E-3F24-993B-D70AE269A837 <7 6 5 4 2 1>
   30    2 0xffffff7f80f33000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.kext.AppleMatch (1.0.0d1) 3B280DAB-903F-33DC-8110-525A1154B11E <4 1>
   31    1 0xffffff7f80f38000 0x20000    0x20000    com.apple.security.sandbox (300.0) 7AAA3FD3-1652-3365-BCB4-25B9572525AF <30 23 17 7 6 5 4 3 2 1>
   32    0 0xffffff7f80f58000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.security.quarantine (3) 1486A49E-2D3F-3D7E-B07A-D2008F327113 <31 30 7 6 5 4 2 1>
   33    0 0xffffff7f830a2000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall (172) 87563A26-608B-3C95-8476-CAA6E1271FBF <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   34    0 0xffffff7f82f53000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleAPIC (1.7) BC2E6D01-BCBB-3525-BF38-BF99C3F1EC46 <4 3>
   35    0 0xffffff7f829ce000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS (2.1) 9BB02681-4B47-3592-AD62-71FB0BF56965 <7 4 3>
   36    0 0xffffff7f82c0b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleHPET (1.8) 2CFB49B8-4CC2-320B-9C6E-99646DFD8571 <11 7 5 4 3>
   37    0 0xffffff7f829fb000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.AppleRTC (2.0) 3FD1BCF4-8AFC-3CE6-A36E-26410544AD14 <11 5 4 3 1>
   38    1 0xffffff7f82081000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime (2.1) F1292652-3882-3625-AB38-A0DAB306E9C7 <7 6 5 4 3>
   39    3 0xffffff7f81b03000 0x7a000    0x7a000    com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily (2.0.0) 6035514B-B403-36FD-BD88-6ADCD3990C9F <15 7 6 5 4 3 2 1>
   40    0 0xffffff7f82ff5000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons (5.0) 6EA42B65-0CD7-3678-87D5-E002D2CDA2D5 <39 16 13 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   41    1 0xffffff7f82086000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM (2.1) 9D230163-2F83-3EAC-9152-D0A15AB056AB <38 7 6 5 4 3 2 1>
   42    3 0xffffff7f8237c000 0x1a000    0x1a000    com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily (288) 5C275B66-A173-3D92-853A-44FC35D45FFC <5 4 3 1>
   43    0 0xffffff7f82f58000 0x1e000    0x1e000    com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort (326.60.1) 64D547B5-153B-34CC-B506-10E958212BF6 <42 12 5 4 3 1>
   44    3 0xffffff7f81c1c000 0x3d000    0x3d000    com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBEHCI (1.1) CC5812B3-E187-3737-BB79-6C58211224C8 <20 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   45    1 0xffffff7f81c5d000 0x1f000    0x1f000    com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBUHCI (1.1) 61F38B09-9A0F-36A8-9ABF-FD6C90B68209 <44 20 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   46    0 0xffffff7f81c7f000 0x6000     0x6000     com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBUHCIPCI (1.1) A7D78739-C921-3770-9979-AFB20CA47936 <45 44 20 12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   47    0 0xffffff7f81cfb000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBEHCIPCI (1.1) 48BD8A21-B99B-3D70-9FEA-32B381CCAA54 <44 20 12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   49    0 0xffffff7f830e9000 0x15000    0x15000    org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors (1426) 37135F46-1544-3CB1-9946-AC8C0CDD3A36 <26 12 11 7 5 4 3>
   50    0 0xffffff7f81a38000 0x9a000    0x9a000    com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily (900.4.1) 1B35F2B8-7EB1-3F3A-86DD-35F07996E335 <20 12 7 5 4 3 1>
   51    5 0xffffff7f819c4000 0x2d000    0x2d000    com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily (3.2) 6326DB88-5330-3F0C-91F6-D478AB5E7503 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   52    0 0xffffff7f823a6000 0x1c000    0x1c000    com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage (295.20.1) 0B188EA4-DAC4-3EB7-9212-36318F549C19 <42 17 6 5 4 3 1>
   53    0 0xffffff7f81ce6000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostPacketFilter (1.0) 0FEE9916-40A3-3F33-B125-103191A1611A <20 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   54    3 0xffffff7f80aef000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily (394.50.1) 82139727-96EE-3990-B7E3-950D3F9799F5 <6 5 4 3 1>
   55    0 0xffffff7f82399000 0xd000     0xd000     com.apple.iokit.IOAHCISerialATAPI (266.50.1) 076A585D-4979-3E8C-9D63-949C2D5D1764 <54 42 5 4 3 1>
   56    2 0xffffff7f81904000 0x73000    0x73000    com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily (4.6.6) B945C3AB-C61B-39D2-9003-4036BB3684F0 <5 4 3 1>
   57    0 0xffffff7f8218a000 0x26000    0x26000    com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI (5.5.5) 6EF0BC66-3AF8-3272-AE3A-E588FFB07BF7 <56 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   58    1 0xffffff7f820cb000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.mDNSOffloadUserClient (1.0.1b8) EE4CC064-65B6-3978-9393-C71C74D5BEAA <51 4 3 1>
   59    1 0xffffff7f820d3000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.iokit.IOEthernetAVBController (1.0.3b4) 156F01B2-DAC2-327E-996A-88F5720E0BB7 <51 5 4 3 1>
   60    0 0xffffff7f820da000 0x39000    0x39000    com.apple.iokit.AppleBCM5701Ethernet (10.2.10) 34FDA563-1BE9-331F-AA46-88959780DFFB <59 58 51 12 11 6 5 4 3 1>
   61    1 0xffffff7f823cf000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.filesystems.hfs.encodings.kext (1) 057A044B-8E0D-3A57-8861-87193496E893 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   62    0 0xffffff7f823d6000 0x69000    0x69000    com.apple.filesystems.hfs.kext (366.70.1) B0B8A05A-CC75-325C-A3DA-76C4F7B6F21A <61 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   63    0 0xffffff7f826f5000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.BootCache (40) 06D08FFE-3FB9-37A0-A0AE-BDDCDA4184D6 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   64    0 0xffffff7f82f24000 0x6000     0x6000     com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib (1.0.0) A8B584B1-03DF-3780-923B-4FD6FF942049 <6 4 3 2 1>
   65    0 0xffffff7f82f2c000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless (1.0.0d1) 13DD449C-FA18-3584-92A1-F91CAED7746A <7 6 4 3 2 1>
   68    0 0xffffff7f81fd5000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.iokit.SCSITaskUserClient (394.50.1) FF53AE3E-7008-356D-A3C2-67EF25E5033A <54 17 5 4 3 1>
   69    3 0xffffff7f81fe0000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.iokit.IOCDStorageFamily (1.8) 9EEF7CF2-673C-3743-84DD-D3B3D5E61DDB <17 5 4 3 1>
   70    2 0xffffff7f81ff1000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.iokit.IODVDStorageFamily (1.8) 9BC77405-09A3-3398-AE63-98894C42E288 <69 17 5 4 3 1>
   71    1 0xffffff7f81fff000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.iokit.IOBDStorageFamily (1.8) EE071733-F836-360B-958B-440E2CCF81E1 <70 69 17 5 4 3 1>
   72    0 0xffffff7f8200b000 0x1a000    0x1a000    com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice (394.50.1) 55C067B6-E8B4-3348-8EF2-131A7B5CC16A <71 70 69 54 17 6 5 4 3 1>
   73    0 0xffffff7f81cb0000 0x2e000    0x2e000    com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHub (1.1) 60EE9D2B-FFB8-3035-8A63-F46B1D75D128 <20 11 5 4 3 1>
   74    1 0xffffff7f81ceb000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHostMergeProperties (1.1) 71CBFC55-80B2-34DF-B1F4-B3255F5F901B <4 3 1>
   75    0 0xffffff7f81cef000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice (1.1) 93FCA7CE-F6C1-3229-8425-7E4B664231BD <20 5 4 3 1>
   76    0 0xffffff7f82757000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.usb.networking (5.0.0) 54F58B56-AFFE-3605-8ADC-E205EAD4D230 <20 5 4 3 1>
   78    0 0xffffff7f81b92000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.driver.usb.IOUSBHostHIDDevice (1.1) 8C7C5296-D36F-3304-90FE-2A6DD1B0DED8 <39 20 5 4 3 1>
   79    0 0xffffff7f82888000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard (199) FDE5FF00-45B5-3460-BC9A-ED934B50A1AE <39 5 4 3>
   82   11 0xffffff7f80f8f000 0x3c000    0x3c000    com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily (515.3) A423518D-758D-3021-A111-A59F44D760A8 <12 7 5 4 3 1>
   83    1 0xffffff7f81fb5000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily (1.1) 185F0EBF-0262-3370-BD47-8FE4C8AA726E <5 4 3>
   84    1 0xffffff7f82a60000 0xf000     0xf000     com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController (1.0.18d1) C0F713E6-785F-3BC6-8800-1D6E2C7AE123 <83 12 11 5 4 3>
   85    4 0xffffff7f8204e000 0x1a000    0x1a000    com.apple.driver.AppleSMC (3.1.9) 88026B2E-E18A-3463-97D4-05EE7DED9F06 <12 11 7 5 4 3 1>
   86    0 0xffffff7f82a72000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl (1.3.4) BF69780E-2728-34A8-A5B9-59290572CCF3 <85 84 82 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>
   87    6 0xffffff7f80fd7000 0x10000    0x10000    com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport (516.1) 480556A8-289E-3A63-83F8-0E9224255A68 <82 12 7 5 4 3>
   88    1 0xffffff7f82ee8000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert (1.1.0) 9D276DD1-4746-3504-A9D1-DA189588734D <87 85 82 12 5 4 3>
   89    0 0xffffff7f82f4b000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight (170.9.20) 2811DFF3-46E3-33C9-9B73-C31A72D6DA02 <88 87 82 12 5 4 3>
   90    1 0xffffff7f81fb9000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.iokit.IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily (1.0.0) CE7B6D9D-0577-3683-8410-CA8707BBDA4B <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   91    0 0xffffff7f82b33000 0x2000     0x2000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking (4.0.0) 6FE984DD-A1FE-309E-83CF-B346989A6F17 <90 4 3>
   93    2 0xffffff7f81d54000 0x95000    0x95000    com.apple.vecLib.kext (1.2.0) DDD8F03B-087A-3709-8296-354CCE62BE15 <10 6 5 4 3>
   94    4 0xffffff7f81de9000 0x3f000    0x3f000    com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (205.15) 2D3115C6-0FFD-3244-AB4A-4F9041C5D614 <93 5 4 3 1>
   95    2 0xffffff7f82c26000 0xc000     0xc000     com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (279.48) E332A19C-33F1-3F25-B9FC-982F769BF17A <5 4 3 1>
   96    1 0xffffff7f82c39000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (279.48) ED51F180-19C8-3DE1-AF81-0E389D98ADDE <95 94 82 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   97    4 0xffffff7f82030000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily (6.0.0d8) A578127A-BBAD-32D4-AEBD-20E14786110D <11 7 6 5 4 3>
   98    1 0xffffff7f8203a000 0x12000    0x12000    com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginLegacy (1.0.0) BC0876C4-ED42-31B7-AF69-9178B7B1177A <97 11 7 6 5 4 3>
   99    0 0xffffff7f8206a000 0x10000    0x10000    com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) 5D441A20-E42C-313C-BF80-6894AAAE0DFA <98 97 85 12 11 7 6 5 4 3>
  102    0 0xffffff7f82bc7000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.AppleHV (1) 86C220DD-F35A-304C-A5AC-35D7EC4FDC90 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
  103    0 0xffffff7f82a53000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog (1) 9B1AC3B0-A459-3D88-B43D-428EA39DDB8A <12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  104    0 0xffffff7f8217a000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP (2.2.7) F30C2597-CAFD-386B-90E6-7A4007D8A6D5 <56 51 5 4 3 1>
  105    0 0xffffff7f829c4000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.AppleSSE (1.0) 56EDE836-9301-3468-8CF7-9FE188EBDC7A <21 7 5 4 3 1>
  106    0 0xffffff7f825ed000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X (7.0.0) 7B7DB739-3DAA-3E7A-BA9E-38C3256D15B6 <85 8 7 4 3 1>
  107    0 0xffffff7f821f8000 0xe4000    0xe4000    com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily (5.0.5f1) 5AA0EAB8-6128-3B0C-B8CE-293BDB9D21A8 <16 7 5 4 3 1>
  108    1 0xffffff7f81fc4000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily (11) 272855EE-C816-329B-927C-383C40F83F1A <7 6 5 4 3 1>
  109    0 0xffffff7f821e4000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager (5.0.5f1) 28B1B6A7-E5CD-3C1A-B337-DD81C3A2CE01 <108 7 5 4 3 1>
  110    0 0xffffff7f81f9b000 0x18000    0x18000    com.apple.iokit.IOSurface (159.9) 24A912F5-68C5-3BF9-9676-4FB131A6E90C <7 6 5 4 3 1>
  111    0 0xffffff7f819f8000 0x6000     0x6000     com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet (1.0.1) 32E2019A-799D-3E86-9F40-7D9AB4500A9D <51 6 5 4 3 1>
  112    0 0xffffff7f80f71000 0xf000     0xf000     com.apple.driver.pmtelemetry (1) 48FE4CE8-66CC-335E-9ABD-835F954B114D <7 6 5 4 3>
  113    2 0xffffff7f80fe7000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl (3.14.49) FA94C7C0-04C2-3F83-9F96-0470C31E2AA3 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
  114    2 0xffffff7f80ff3000 0x638000   0x638000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb (10.1.8) ACF2DC87-2323-3506-BC1F-3B82D213D8C9 <113 87 82 12 7 5 4 3 1>
  115    0 0xffffff7f8163f000 0x165000   0x165000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAGF100HalWeb (10.1.8) 69D5BE23-77E7-3444-B125-1AB5A2110650 <114 12 4 3>
  116    1 0xffffff7f82446000 0x90000    0x90000    com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 (311.14) 13F71024-7246-3AD1-A551-5C186BC70889 <82 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  117    0 0xffffff7f824e5000 0xa3000    0xa3000    com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb (10.1.8) 4BEA1FD8-8362-3362-86B1-8CA9726CFF70 <116 114 87 82 12 7 5 4 3 1>
  118    0 0xffffff7f82820000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient (3.6.4) F39509A4-191C-35DA-B7D9-08F95E5AB8BC <82 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>
  119    1 0xffffff7f82c56000 0x13000    0x13000    com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib (525) D0421B4D-7B97-3102-BC42-3684344DB5E6 <5 4>
  120    1 0xffffff7f82c69000 0x147000   0x147000   com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib (279.48) F6771373-D27C-36AA-B87E-5038F235C536 <119 94 93 41 6 5 4 3 1>
  121    0 0xffffff7f82dbb000 0xb5000    0xb5000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (279.48) 806B8C17-50CA-3C6B-90B3-195F38D8FB89 <120 96 95 94 87 82 6 5 4 3 1>
  123    0 0xffffff7f82ec4000 0x18000    0x18000    com.apple.driver.AGPM (110.23.17) 74B0DE92-BD78-3858-B4F8-8F143921969C <113 97 87 82 12 6 5 4 3>
  124    0 0xffffff7f82829000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver (1.0.2d2) 200A9785-8ABC-3FF4-9F36-237030D34DB3 <97 12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  125    2 0xffffff7f80eaf000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.kext.triggers (1.0) 3EAB29BE-4C7C-3D6C-B20B-B48707426005 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
  126    0 0xffffff7f82701000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.filesystems.autofs (3.0) E79E1801-8AB8-3BB1-A1F2-3CA5F9C7C648 <125 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  127    2 0xffffff7f825dd000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.filesystems.exfat (1.4) F135509B-FCAA-3841-AAF6-175AEC3E380F <7 5 4 1>
  129    0 0xffffff7f82bbe000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor (1.9.5d0) AFB68EC7-205B-3499-B796-DAE93A4BA543 <5 4 3>
  132    0 0xffffff7f830fe000 0x59000    0x59000    com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio (308.7) FEEB97D4-797D-3EC6-9D34-505FB19AC9E1 <94 74 20 12 5 4 3 1>
  134    0 0xffffff7f83157000 0x61000    0x61000    com.apple.filesystems.smbfs (3.1.2) 4473A286-3F91-3836-A80E-7ACA7A1EEC43 <125 8 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Also, I don't have USB 3.0, only USB 2.0. I also have NO IDEA how to mod a dsdt much less compile one. I can extract all the .aml files with clover though.

I don't have a lspci output, terminal just looks at me. :-)

Hey, I just did a kextstat compare between this HP Z400 (MacPro5,1) and another that I am concurrently building, an Acer Aspire 5755G (MacBookPro8,2).

Both are running 10.11.6. One glaring difference between them.

The Acer HackBookPro8,2 is loading ...

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) 99C8A694-575D-32C8-B319-1BB8F5518D97 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AppleHPET (1.8) 801E20D9-1D7A-353F-A638-05430128D61D <11 7 5 4 3>

while the HPZ400 HackPro5,1 is only loading ...

No HPET, which I knew but ALSO NO AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient !

Is this what makes me KP shortly after boot if NULLCPUPowerManagement is unloaded ?

Or does just the inclusion of NULLCPUPowerManagement prevent AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient from loading in the first place ?

Disables AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to prevent kernel panic without proper HPET DSDT edits. see post 921             http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400z600z800-workstations-os-x-1010x1011x-installation/page-47

• Like 1

Disables AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to prevent kernel panic without proper HPET DSDT edits. see post 921             http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307064-hp-z400z600z800-workstations-os-x-1010x1011x-installation/page-47

We need to do the AICPUPM patch to remove the wrmsr write lock ?

I've never made it out of the boot sequence when that was needed nor has NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ever prevented a KP due the the wrmsr lock for me. Strange. Simple enough, I'll try it.

Looking at the post you referenced, I now see that you meant iMac,13.2 SMBIOS by "13.2 SMBIOS"

So your Z400 is identified as an iMac rather than a MacPro for better PM ?

What is the "proper" HPET DSDT edit for the Z400 ?

The tried and true version that I always use causes KP on the Z400 !

Can someone give me an example ?

Here is my stock Z400 HPET extracetd both with linux and clover:

Device (HPET)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))

Name (_UID, 0x01)

Name (CRES, ResourceTemplate ()

{

Memory32Fixed (ReadWrite,

0x00000000,         // Address Base

0x00000000,         // Address Length

_Y26)

})

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)

{

CreateDWordField (CRES, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.HPET._Y26._BAS, BASE)

CreateDWordField (CRES, \_SB.PCI0.LPC.HPET._Y26._LEN, LNTH)

Store (HPTB, BASE)

Store (0x0400, LNTH)

Return (CRES)

}

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (0x0F)

}

}

Here is a typical HPET fix ...

Device (HPET)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0103"))

Name (ATT3, ResourceTemplate ()

{

IRQNoFlags ()

{0}

IRQNoFlags ()

{8}

0xFED00000,         // Address Base

0x00000400,         // Address Length

)

})

Name (ATT4, ResourceTemplate ()

{

})

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (0x0F)

}

Method (_CRS, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (ATT3)

}

}

But notice how the stock/extracted memory address is bogus !

Name (CRES, ResourceTemplate ()

{

0x00000000,         // Address Base

0x00000000,         // Address Length

_Y26)

})

This reply will be in parts. My kextstat is this:

Index Refs Address            Size       Wired      Name (Version) UUID <Linked Against>

1   83 0xffffff7f80a46000 0x9d90     0x9d90     com.apple.kpi.bsd (16.7.0) 410B3B98-9DAB-4590-9086-7C57A5B3099A

2    8 0xffffff7f80dff000 0x3940     0x3940     com.apple.kpi.dsep (16.7.0) FA744B47-913C-4B5D-8C16-2F8005D85935

3  106 0xffffff7f80a04000 0x21040    0x21040    com.apple.kpi.iokit (16.7.0) 80F2DA67-C67B-4583-9B09-082DB11F69FC

4  113 0xffffff7f80a26000 0xd200     0xd200     com.apple.kpi.libkern (16.7.0) 370A17F8-C9B7-491A-ACD6-277523ECF3C3

5   99 0xffffff7f80a00000 0x3dd0     0x3dd0     com.apple.kpi.mach (16.7.0) D88C120B-2055-45F0-B210-8AD0BDE2DEB0

6   58 0xffffff7f80a34000 0xbbf0     0xbbf0     com.apple.kpi.private (16.7.0) A717B7EC-67D4-4FCC-945E-0F457192AC93

7   67 0xffffff7f80a40000 0x5890     0x5890     com.apple.kpi.unsupported (16.7.0) BE6C03E4-B6FE-4658-9026-7DED804909B0

8    6 0xffffff7f80e06000 0xa9000    0xa9000    com.apple.kec.corecrypto (1.0) E3701C61-A548-3181-9F3E-C90DF8327185 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

9    0 0xffffff7f80f62000 0xf000     0xf000     com.apple.kec.pthread (1) 225C22A5-813D-3651-9C40-FDEEAB0D78E1 <7 6 5 4 1>

10    1 0xffffff7f8182e000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.kec.Libm (1) 968CBFF1-925D-321E-A5E0-0C5C563BF08C <4>

11   21 0xffffff7f81839000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily (1.4) 4F7FB6AD-2498-3F71-827C-ED7AA4BF2511 <7 6 4 3>

12   27 0xffffff7f80b32000 0x35000    0x35000    com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily (2.9) 3E00E7D2-E569-341D-9BE0-34D5DE491825 <7 6 5 4 3>

13    1 0xffffff7f82f85000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

14    0 0xffffff7f830ac000 0x2000     0x2000     org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) 93D39664-55FB-9220-39AD-A436B33DB160 <7 4 3>

15    1 0xffffff7f81af8000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.driver.AppleFDEKeyStore (28.30) EA5D0966-E8EA-337A-98EB-195806E8F723 <8 7 6 5 4 3 1>

16    2 0xffffff7f82029000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.iokit.IOReportFamily (31) B14DC3D3-7250-3DA3-BF50-C666EBEDAF4C <5 4 3>

17    8 0xffffff7f80a50000 0x27000    0x27000    com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily (2.1) F908D7F5-4F54-3B89-8657-57F06350F4DB <7 6 5 4 3 1>

18    0 0xffffff7f82126000 0x19000    0x19000    com.apple.driver.DiskImages (444.50.16) 7A04C2E6-40FF-36A9-84D4-FDF685F3B0A9 <17 7 6 5 4 3 1>

19    1 0xffffff7f81842000 0xd000     0xd000     com.apple.driver.AppleBusPowerController (1.0) DB526B45-1A45-3A81-A0C1-57F826CADEDF <11 5 4 3>

20   12 0xffffff7f8184f000 0x69000    0x69000    com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily (1.1) 896273C6-36AE-30AC-9274-1BCB7C9A4062 <19 7 6 5 4 3 1>

21    3 0xffffff7f818c0000 0x1e000    0x1e000    com.apple.driver.KernelRelayHost (1) DDF94CEB-B30D-3DA9-A783-F86D72A62215 <20 5 4 3>

22    1 0xffffff7f82aac000 0x25000    0x25000    com.apple.driver.AppleCredentialManager (1.0) 3DC3C93A-F1BC-3B04-B770-B3771039FF0E <21 8 7 6 5 4 3 1>

23    2 0xffffff7f80f1c000 0x17000    0x17000    com.apple.driver.AppleMobileFileIntegrity (1.0.5) E54425FE-971A-38E2-8F27-82A1B7A3479D <8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1>

24    0 0xffffff7f82ad1000 0x55000    0x55000    com.apple.driver.AppleKeyStore (2) 884F9643-4316-3596-9A77-F1053C033358 <23 22 21 8 7 6 5 4 3 1>

25    0 0xffffff7f82b8b000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (219.0.0) F7CC3395-98DB-3420-9C24-1017D52E13AE <7 6 5 4 3 1>

26    2 0xffffff7f830b0000 0x19000    0x19000    org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (1426) 7FA10BCC-EF25-3EAF-A030-E9EA5F78C828 <11 7 5 4 3 1>

27    0 0xffffff7f830c9000 0x4000     0x4000     com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll (0.6.1) 4C141052-7721-37C0-874E-4AC05FE917EB <12 11 4 3>

28    0 0xffffff7f830ce000 0x5000     0x5000     org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors (1426) 83AE6ED1-B30C-36F7-8963-718042ECE475 <26 7 5 4 3>

29    0 0xffffff7f80e03000 0x2000     0x2000     com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet (8) B87D3377-617E-3F24-993B-D70AE269A837 <7 6 5 4 2 1>

30    2 0xffffff7f80f33000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.kext.AppleMatch (1.0.0d1) 3B280DAB-903F-33DC-8110-525A1154B11E <4 1>

31    1 0xffffff7f80f38000 0x20000    0x20000    com.apple.security.sandbox (300.0) 7AAA3FD3-1652-3365-BCB4-25B9572525AF <30 23 17 7 6 5 4 3 2 1>

32    0 0xffffff7f80f58000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.security.quarantine (3) 1486A49E-2D3F-3D7E-B07A-D2008F327113 <31 30 7 6 5 4 2 1>

33    0 0xffffff7f830a2000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall (172) 87563A26-608B-3C95-8476-CAA6E1271FBF <7 6 5 4 3 1>

34    0 0xffffff7f82f53000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleAPIC (1.7) BC2E6D01-BCBB-3525-BF38-BF99C3F1EC46 <4 3>

35    0 0xffffff7f829ce000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.AppleSMBIOS (2.1) 9BB02681-4B47-3592-AD62-71FB0BF56965 <7 4 3>

36    0 0xffffff7f82c0b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleHPET (1.8) 2CFB49B8-4CC2-320B-9C6E-99646DFD8571 <11 7 5 4 3>

37    0 0xffffff7f829fb000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.AppleRTC (2.0) 3FD1BCF4-8AFC-3CE6-A36E-26410544AD14 <11 5 4 3 1>

38    1 0xffffff7f82081000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleEFIRuntime (2.1) F1292652-3882-3625-AB38-A0DAB306E9C7 <7 6 5 4 3>

39    3 0xffffff7f81b03000 0x7a000    0x7a000    com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily (2.0.0) 6035514B-B403-36FD-BD88-6ADCD3990C9F <15 7 6 5 4 3 2 1>

40    0 0xffffff7f82ff5000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.AppleACPIButtons (5.0) 6EA42B65-0CD7-3678-87D5-E002D2CDA2D5 <39 16 13 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

41    1 0xffffff7f82086000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.driver.AppleEFINVRAM (2.1) 9D230163-2F83-3EAC-9152-D0A15AB056AB <38 7 6 5 4 3 2 1>

42    3 0xffffff7f8237c000 0x1a000    0x1a000    com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily (288) 5C275B66-A173-3D92-853A-44FC35D45FFC <5 4 3 1>

43    0 0xffffff7f82f58000 0x1e000    0x1e000    com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort (326.60.1) 64D547B5-153B-34CC-B506-10E958212BF6 <42 12 5 4 3 1>

44    3 0xffffff7f81c1c000 0x3d000    0x3d000    com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBEHCI (1.1) CC5812B3-E187-3737-BB79-6C58211224C8 <20 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

45    1 0xffffff7f81c5d000 0x1f000    0x1f000    com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBUHCI (1.1) 61F38B09-9A0F-36A8-9ABF-FD6C90B68209 <44 20 7 6 5 4 3 1>

46    0 0xffffff7f81c7f000 0x6000     0x6000     com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBUHCIPCI (1.1) A7D78739-C921-3770-9979-AFB20CA47936 <45 44 20 12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

47    0 0xffffff7f81cfb000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBEHCIPCI (1.1) 48BD8A21-B99B-3D70-9FEA-32B381CCAA54 <44 20 12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

49    0 0xffffff7f830e9000 0x15000    0x15000    org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors (1426) 37135F46-1544-3CB1-9946-AC8C0CDD3A36 <26 12 11 7 5 4 3>

50    0 0xffffff7f81a38000 0x9a000    0x9a000    com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily (900.4.1) 1B35F2B8-7EB1-3F3A-86DD-35F07996E335 <20 12 7 5 4 3 1>

51    5 0xffffff7f819c4000 0x2d000    0x2d000    com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily (3.2) 6326DB88-5330-3F0C-91F6-D478AB5E7503 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

52    0 0xffffff7f823a6000 0x1c000    0x1c000    com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage (295.20.1) 0B188EA4-DAC4-3EB7-9212-36318F549C19 <42 17 6 5 4 3 1>

53    0 0xffffff7f81ce6000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostPacketFilter (1.0) 0FEE9916-40A3-3F33-B125-103191A1611A <20 7 6 5 4 3 1>

54    3 0xffffff7f80aef000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily (394.50.1) 82139727-96EE-3990-B7E3-950D3F9799F5 <6 5 4 3 1>

55    0 0xffffff7f82399000 0xd000     0xd000     com.apple.iokit.IOAHCISerialATAPI (266.50.1) 076A585D-4979-3E8C-9D63-949C2D5D1764 <54 42 5 4 3 1>

56    2 0xffffff7f81904000 0x73000    0x73000    com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireFamily (4.6.6) B945C3AB-C61B-39D2-9003-4036BB3684F0 <5 4 3 1>

57    0 0xffffff7f8218a000 0x26000    0x26000    com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI (5.5.5) 6EF0BC66-3AF8-3272-AE3A-E588FFB07BF7 <56 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

58    1 0xffffff7f820cb000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.mDNSOffloadUserClient (1.0.1b8) EE4CC064-65B6-3978-9393-C71C74D5BEAA <51 4 3 1>

59    1 0xffffff7f820d3000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.iokit.IOEthernetAVBController (1.0.3b4) 156F01B2-DAC2-327E-996A-88F5720E0BB7 <51 5 4 3 1>

60    0 0xffffff7f820da000 0x39000    0x39000    com.apple.iokit.AppleBCM5701Ethernet (10.2.10) 34FDA563-1BE9-331F-AA46-88959780DFFB <59 58 51 12 11 6 5 4 3 1>

61    1 0xffffff7f823cf000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.filesystems.hfs.encodings.kext (1) 057A044B-8E0D-3A57-8861-87193496E893 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

62    0 0xffffff7f823d6000 0x69000    0x69000    com.apple.filesystems.hfs.kext (366.70.1) B0B8A05A-CC75-325C-A3DA-76C4F7B6F21A <61 7 6 5 4 3 1>

63    0 0xffffff7f826f5000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.BootCache (40) 06D08FFE-3FB9-37A0-A0AE-BDDCDA4184D6 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

64    0 0xffffff7f82f24000 0x6000     0x6000     com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib (1.0.0) A8B584B1-03DF-3780-923B-4FD6FF942049 <6 4 3 2 1>

65    0 0xffffff7f82f2c000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.AppleFSCompression.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless (1.0.0d1) 13DD449C-FA18-3584-92A1-F91CAED7746A <7 6 4 3 2 1>

68    0 0xffffff7f81fd5000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.iokit.SCSITaskUserClient (394.50.1) FF53AE3E-7008-356D-A3C2-67EF25E5033A <54 17 5 4 3 1>

69    3 0xffffff7f81fe0000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.iokit.IOCDStorageFamily (1.8) 9EEF7CF2-673C-3743-84DD-D3B3D5E61DDB <17 5 4 3 1>

70    2 0xffffff7f81ff1000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.iokit.IODVDStorageFamily (1.8) 9BC77405-09A3-3398-AE63-98894C42E288 <69 17 5 4 3 1>

71    1 0xffffff7f81fff000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.iokit.IOBDStorageFamily (1.8) EE071733-F836-360B-958B-440E2CCF81E1 <70 69 17 5 4 3 1>

72    0 0xffffff7f8200b000 0x1a000    0x1a000    com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice (394.50.1) 55C067B6-E8B4-3348-8EF2-131A7B5CC16A <71 70 69 54 17 6 5 4 3 1>

73    0 0xffffff7f81cb0000 0x2e000    0x2e000    com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHub (1.1) 60EE9D2B-FFB8-3035-8A63-F46B1D75D128 <20 11 5 4 3 1>

74    1 0xffffff7f81ceb000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.AppleUSBHostMergeProperties (1.1) 71CBFC55-80B2-34DF-B1F4-B3255F5F901B <4 3 1>

75    0 0xffffff7f81cef000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice (1.1) 93FCA7CE-F6C1-3229-8425-7E4B664231BD <20 5 4 3 1>

76    0 0xffffff7f82757000 0x8000     0x8000     com.apple.driver.usb.networking (5.0.0) 54F58B56-AFFE-3605-8ADC-E205EAD4D230 <20 5 4 3 1>

78    0 0xffffff7f81b92000 0xb000     0xb000     com.apple.driver.usb.IOUSBHostHIDDevice (1.1) 8C7C5296-D36F-3304-90FE-2A6DD1B0DED8 <39 20 5 4 3 1>

79    0 0xffffff7f82888000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.AppleHIDKeyboard (199) FDE5FF00-45B5-3460-BC9A-ED934B50A1AE <39 5 4 3>

82   11 0xffffff7f80f8f000 0x3c000    0x3c000    com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily (515.3) A423518D-758D-3021-A111-A59F44D760A8 <12 7 5 4 3 1>

83    1 0xffffff7f81fb5000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily (1.1) 185F0EBF-0262-3370-BD47-8FE4C8AA726E <5 4 3>

84    1 0xffffff7f82a60000 0xf000     0xf000     com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController (1.0.18d1) C0F713E6-785F-3BC6-8800-1D6E2C7AE123 <83 12 11 5 4 3>

85    4 0xffffff7f8204e000 0x1a000    0x1a000    com.apple.driver.AppleSMC (3.1.9) 88026B2E-E18A-3463-97D4-05EE7DED9F06 <12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

86    0 0xffffff7f82a72000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl (1.3.4) BF69780E-2728-34A8-A5B9-59290572CCF3 <85 84 82 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

87    6 0xffffff7f80fd7000 0x10000    0x10000    com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport (516.1) 480556A8-289E-3A63-83F8-0E9224255A68 <82 12 7 5 4 3>

88    1 0xffffff7f82ee8000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert (1.1.0) 9D276DD1-4746-3504-A9D1-DA189588734D <87 85 82 12 5 4 3>

89    0 0xffffff7f82f4b000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight (170.9.20) 2811DFF3-46E3-33C9-9B73-C31A72D6DA02 <88 87 82 12 5 4 3>

90    1 0xffffff7f81fb9000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.iokit.IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily (1.0.0) CE7B6D9D-0577-3683-8410-CA8707BBDA4B <7 6 5 4 3 1>

91    0 0xffffff7f82b33000 0x2000     0x2000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking (4.0.0) 6FE984DD-A1FE-309E-83CF-B346989A6F17 <90 4 3>

93    2 0xffffff7f81d54000 0x95000    0x95000    com.apple.vecLib.kext (1.2.0) DDD8F03B-087A-3709-8296-354CCE62BE15 <10 6 5 4 3>

94    4 0xffffff7f81de9000 0x3f000    0x3f000    com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (205.15) 2D3115C6-0FFD-3244-AB4A-4F9041C5D614 <93 5 4 3 1>

95    2 0xffffff7f82c26000 0xc000     0xc000     com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (279.48) E332A19C-33F1-3F25-B9FC-982F769BF17A <5 4 3 1>

96    1 0xffffff7f82c39000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (279.48) ED51F180-19C8-3DE1-AF81-0E389D98ADDE <95 94 82 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

97    4 0xffffff7f82030000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily (6.0.0d8) A578127A-BBAD-32D4-AEBD-20E14786110D <11 7 6 5 4 3>

98    1 0xffffff7f8203a000 0x12000    0x12000    com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginLegacy (1.0.0) BC0876C4-ED42-31B7-AF69-9178B7B1177A <97 11 7 6 5 4 3>

99    0 0xffffff7f8206a000 0x10000    0x10000    com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) 5D441A20-E42C-313C-BF80-6894AAAE0DFA <98 97 85 12 11 7 6 5 4 3>

102    0 0xffffff7f82bc7000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.AppleHV (1) 86C220DD-F35A-304C-A5AC-35D7EC4FDC90 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

103    0 0xffffff7f82a53000 0x4000     0x4000     com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog (1) 9B1AC3B0-A459-3D88-B43D-428EA39DDB8A <12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

104    0 0xffffff7f8217a000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP (2.2.7) F30C2597-CAFD-386B-90E6-7A4007D8A6D5 <56 51 5 4 3 1>

105    0 0xffffff7f829c4000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.driver.AppleSSE (1.0) 56EDE836-9301-3468-8CF7-9FE188EBDC7A <21 7 5 4 3 1>

106    0 0xffffff7f825ed000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X (7.0.0) 7B7DB739-3DAA-3E7A-BA9E-38C3256D15B6 <85 8 7 4 3 1>

107    0 0xffffff7f821f8000 0xe4000    0xe4000    com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily (5.0.5f1) 5AA0EAB8-6128-3B0C-B8CE-293BDB9D21A8 <16 7 5 4 3 1>

108    1 0xffffff7f81fc4000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily (11) 272855EE-C816-329B-927C-383C40F83F1A <7 6 5 4 3 1>

109    0 0xffffff7f821e4000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager (5.0.5f1) 28B1B6A7-E5CD-3C1A-B337-DD81C3A2CE01 <108 7 5 4 3 1>

110    0 0xffffff7f81f9b000 0x18000    0x18000    com.apple.iokit.IOSurface (159.9) 24A912F5-68C5-3BF9-9676-4FB131A6E90C <7 6 5 4 3 1>

111    0 0xffffff7f819f8000 0x6000     0x6000     com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet (1.0.1) 32E2019A-799D-3E86-9F40-7D9AB4500A9D <51 6 5 4 3 1>

112    0 0xffffff7f80f71000 0xf000     0xf000     com.apple.driver.pmtelemetry (1) 48FE4CE8-66CC-335E-9ABD-835F954B114D <7 6 5 4 3>

113    2 0xffffff7f80fe7000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl (3.14.49) FA94C7C0-04C2-3F83-9F96-0470C31E2AA3 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

114    2 0xffffff7f80ff3000 0x638000   0x638000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb (10.1.8) ACF2DC87-2323-3506-BC1F-3B82D213D8C9 <113 87 82 12 7 5 4 3 1>

115    0 0xffffff7f8163f000 0x165000   0x165000   com.nvidia.web.NVDAGF100HalWeb (10.1.8) 69D5BE23-77E7-3444-B125-1AB5A2110650 <114 12 4 3>

116    1 0xffffff7f82446000 0x90000    0x90000    com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 (311.14) 13F71024-7246-3AD1-A551-5C186BC70889 <82 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

117    0 0xffffff7f824e5000 0xa3000    0xa3000    com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb (10.1.8) 4BEA1FD8-8362-3362-86B1-8CA9726CFF70 <116 114 87 82 12 7 5 4 3 1>

118    0 0xffffff7f82820000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient (3.6.4) F39509A4-191C-35DA-B7D9-08F95E5AB8BC <82 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

119    1 0xffffff7f82c56000 0x13000    0x13000    com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib (525) D0421B4D-7B97-3102-BC42-3684344DB5E6 <5 4>

120    1 0xffffff7f82c69000 0x147000   0x147000   com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib (279.48) F6771373-D27C-36AA-B87E-5038F235C536 <119 94 93 41 6 5 4 3 1>

121    0 0xffffff7f82dbb000 0xb5000    0xb5000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (279.48) 806B8C17-50CA-3C6B-90B3-195F38D8FB89 <120 96 95 94 87 82 6 5 4 3 1>

123    0 0xffffff7f82ec4000 0x18000    0x18000    com.apple.driver.AGPM (110.23.17) 74B0DE92-BD78-3858-B4F8-8F143921969C <113 97 87 82 12 6 5 4 3>

124    0 0xffffff7f82829000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver (1.0.2d2) 200A9785-8ABC-3FF4-9F36-237030D34DB3 <97 12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

125    2 0xffffff7f80eaf000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.kext.triggers (1.0) 3EAB29BE-4C7C-3D6C-B20B-B48707426005 <7 6 5 4 3 1>

126    0 0xffffff7f82701000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.filesystems.autofs (3.0) E79E1801-8AB8-3BB1-A1F2-3CA5F9C7C648 <125 7 6 5 4 3 1>

127    2 0xffffff7f825dd000 0xe000     0xe000     com.apple.filesystems.exfat (1.4) F135509B-FCAA-3841-AAF6-175AEC3E380F <7 5 4 1>

129    0 0xffffff7f82bbe000 0x5000     0x5000     com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor (1.9.5d0) AFB68EC7-205B-3499-B796-DAE93A4BA543 <5 4 3>

132    0 0xffffff7f830fe000 0x59000    0x59000    com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio (308.7) FEEB97D4-797D-3EC6-9D34-505FB19AC9E1 <94 74 20 12 5 4 3 1>

134    0 0xffffff7f83157000 0x61000    0x61000    com.apple.filesystems.smbfs (3.1.2) 4473A286-3F91-3836-A80E-7ACA7A1EEC43 <125 8 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Also, I don't have USB 3.0, only USB 2.0. I also have NO IDEA how to mod a dsdt much less compile one. I can extract all the .aml files with clover though.

I don't have a lspci output, terminal just looks at me. :-)

OK, I thought that I saw mention of USB3 ports on the Z800 in this very forum but, it's probably too old for that huh ?

Wow, so even with NullCPUPowerManagement loaded and stock DSDT you still have HPET loading.

You don't have a DSDT in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, or do you ?

What's my deal ? I can't even boot w/o a modded DSDT !

You can find modded Z800 DSDTs in this forum if you fish around.

Try to make sure that the poster is running the BIOS version as you.

Feel free to post your raw one from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

I'm happy to mess with it ... getting your AppleLPC to load is pretty EZ.

I see that you are using USBInjectAll which could help with your USB troubles but there are DSDT mods that must go with that.

I have no experience with those, sorry.

Maybe you just have a couple USB ports with hardware issues due to oxidation or something.

The 2 in-op USB ports may be a legit hardware issue. 7/9 working ports is pretty good, i figure. I just hate the whole unplug/replug thing, but it seems that everything else works just fine. For all I know, my issue could be fixed by a config.plist edit. In another post, I will attach my current config.plist, dsdt and ssdt. I am not sure anything will be gained by adding a patched version of those files, but if in all of this, another Z800 user is helped, i am happy.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
                <true/>
                <key>AddHDMI_8000000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FIX_ACST_4000000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FIX_RTC_20000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FIX_S3D_2000000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FIX_TMR_40000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FIX_WAK_200000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixFirewire_0800</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixHDA_8000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixHPET_0010</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixSBUS_0080</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
                <true/>
                <key>FixUSB_1000</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>
            <key>Name</key>
            <string>DSDT.aml</string>
            <key>Patches</key>
            <array>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change EHC1 to EH01</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    RUhDMQ==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    RUgwMQ==
                    </data>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change EHC2 to EH02</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    RUhDMg==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    RUgwMg==
                    </data>
                </dict>
            </array>
            <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>HaltEnabler</key>
        <true/>
        <key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Generate</key>
            <dict>
                <key>CStates</key>
                <true/>
                <key>PStates</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>-v</string>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>DefaultLoader</key>
        <string>boot.efi</string>
        <key>DefaultVolume</key>
        <string>SIERRA</string>
        <key>Legacy</key>
        <string>PBR</string>
        <key>NeverDoRecovery</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>5</integer>
        <key>XMPDetection</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>
    <key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>EnabledCores</key>
        <integer>6</integer>
        <key>SavingMode</key>
        <integer>255</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>ConfigName</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AddClockID</key>
            <true/>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Custom</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Comment</key>
            <string>These values wrong, they present for sample</string>
        </dict>
        <key>Language</key>
        <string>en:0</string>
        <key>Mouse</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DoubleClick</key>
            <integer>500</integer>
            <key>Enabled</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Mirror</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Speed</key>
            <integer>8</integer>
        </dict>
        <key>Theme</key>
        <string>bluemac</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>EDID</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>FBName</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaNoEFI</key>
        <false/>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>
    <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>AppleRTC</key>
        <true/>
        <key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
        <false/>
        <key>DellSMBIOSPatch</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KernelCpu</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KernelHaswellE</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KernelLapic</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KernelPm</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 20 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//FQ==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x67</string>
        <key>MLB</key>
        <string>wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww</string>
        <key>ROM</key>
        <string>UseMacAddr0</string>
    </dict>
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
        <string>10/07/10</string>
        <key>BiosVendor</key>
        <string>Apple Inc.</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>MP51.88Z.007F.B03.1010071432</string>
        <key>Board-ID</key>
        <string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
        <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
        <key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
        <string>wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww</string>
        <key>BoardType</key>
        <integer>11</integer>
        <key>BoardVersion</key>
        <string>MacPro5,1</string>
        <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
        <string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
        <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
        <key>ChassisType</key>
        <string>0x0007</string>
        <key>Family</key>
        <string>MacPro</string>
        <key>LocationInChassis</key>
        <string>Part Component</string>
        <key>Manufacturer</key>
        <key>Mobile</key>
        <false/>
        <key>OEMBoard</key>
        <string>0AECh</string>
        <key>OEMProduct</key>
        <string>HP Z800 Workstation</string>
        <key>OEMVendor</key>
        <string>Hewlett-Packard</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>MacPro5,1</string>
        <key>SerialNumber</key>
        <string>wwwwwwwwwwww</string>
        <key>SmUUID</key>
        <string>234470A7-755F-4276-B7D5-5C7D17774686</string>
        <key>Trust</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Version</key>
        <string>1.2</string>
    </dict>
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CustomUUID</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Note: i don't know how to attach or format anything. This is just a copy paste. There may be right and wrong selections in here. I just went with what worked.

I have extracted all of the files using F4 in clover. Would you rather me open them in that maciacl program and post that, upload the files somewhere and post a link, or what? Also, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Also, those 2 ports kinda work when the mouse is pushed in part of the way but not all of the way. Some sort of hardware issue i presume.

The 2 in-op USB ports may be a legit hardware issue. 7/9 working ports is pretty good, i figure. I just hate the whole unplug/replug thing, but it seems that everything else works just fine. For all I know, my issue could be fixed by a config.plist edit. In another post, I will attach my current config.plist, dsdt and ssdt. I am not sure anything will be gained by adding a patched version of those files, but if in all of this, another Z800 user is helped, i am happy.

Also, those 2 ports kinda work when the mouse is pushed in part of the way but not all of the way. Some sort of hardware issue i presume.

Holy COW, u r throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this. We have opposite approaches ;)

You should really research a bit to see how all those fixes and patches actually work.

Do you really need all that stuff ?

Well, you are up and running so could be ...

I have learned that just because AppleHPET.kext is loading does NOT necessarily mean that it has attached to the HPET device.

This is definitely my case.

Also, patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to disable the wrmsr write lock was no help for me.

I still KP shortly after boot in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext if NullCPUPM is not loaded,

This, even tho I have AppleLPC.kext loaded and attached OK and sleep fully with drives & fans down complete with blinking power button.

I have decompiled HPET.aml. If somebody could help me apply this info to my HPET device in my DSDT to make a patch, it would be awesome.

Upgraded BIOS to 3.60 and no change to extracted DSDT. No changes at all.

Good night all ...

• Like 1

>You should really research a bit to see how all those fixes and patches actually work.

I would love to start from scratch and have a clean config, but I feel that the clover wiki is lacking (as is my own knowledge base) and that would take dozens of reboots to see what all did what. For all I know, none of them except maybe one or two help. I do not think my usb issue is fixable based on what I know. HOWEVER, i do think a post in this forum has a clue. It references USB 2.0 and 3.0 issues in El Capitan and how to fix them. It is rather detailed, but still a little over my head. I think it has the key to how to fix my issue. True Z800 know how and config data is lacking (at least in english) on the internet. I think my machine is about as good as it is going to get.

I am considering a few PCI USB 2.0 or 3.0 cards, but I am wanting something that works OOTB. If someone reads this and knows of some, please post a link. I hear sonnet makes some that do, maybe.

>You should really research a bit to see how all those fixes and patches actually work.

I would love to start from scratch and have a clean config, but I feel that the clover wiki is lacking (as is my own knowledge base) and that would take dozens of reboots to see what all did what. For all I know, none of them except maybe one or two help. I do not think my usb issue is fixable based on what I know. HOWEVER, i do think a post in this forum has a clue. It references USB 2.0 and 3.0 issues in El Capitan and how to fix them. It is rather detailed, but still a little over my head. I think it has the key to how to fix my issue. True Z800 know how and config data is lacking (at least in english) on the internet. I think my machine is about as good as it is going to get.

I am considering a few PCI USB 2.0 or 3.0 cards, but I am wanting something that works OOTB. If someone reads this and knows of some, please post a link. I hear sonnet makes some that do, maybe.

If you do not have a DSDT, try this one. It is for the HP Z800. Have you read all of the HP guides in this thread?  Where are the 2 USB ports that are not working located, front or rear?

dsdt.aml.zip

The 2 non-working ports are in the back. There are 3 pairs and these are the ones in the middle if looking at the back. Anyhow, last night I downloaded both iasl and maciacl. I have extraced both the dsdt and ssdt using clover and disassembled them with iasl. Since I don't know how to patch them, I am leaving them as is.

So, say I take this dsdt as is and plunk it into clover. Then what? Do i delete all of those fixes in the config.plist? Does having this file in clover make my machine run better or smoother?

The 2 non-working ports are in the back. There are 3 pairs and these are the ones in the middle if looking at the back. Anyhow, last night I downloaded both iasl and maciacl. I have extraced both the dsdt and ssdt using clover and disassembled them with iasl. Since I don't know how to patch them, I am leaving them as is.

So, say I take this dsdt as is and plunk it into clover. Then what? Do i delete all of those fixes in the config.plist? Does having this file in clover make my machine run better or smoother?

I am assuming that you know where to put a Dsdt file which is efi/clover/acpi/patched. Just try it without changing anything else. Have you uploaded your current config.plist? Could you not install windows on another drive, and then see if all the USB ports are working or not. I do not mean Dual OS X and Windows. Disconnect the OS X drive. Install Windows on another drive .Any version of Windows will do.

I am assuming that you know where to put a Dsdt file which is efi/clover/acpi/patched. Just try it without changing anything else. Have you uploaded your current config.plist? Could you not install windows on another drive, and then see if all the USB ports are working or not. I do not mean Dual OS X and Windows. Disconnect the OS X drive. Install Windows on another drive .Any version of Windows will do.

Good advice on testing USB hardware with Windows, probably even simpler to go with an Ubuntu live disk.