HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

My DSDT is from other Z600... this have a hardware little diferences, 2 processors but my z600  no, the graphics is diferent... but work with El Capitan... with sierra 10,12,4 beta 2 no... is more slow. There is posibility that problem have origin in the DSDT for machine diferent?  

My DSDT is from other Z600... this have a hardware little diferences, 2 processors but my z600  no, the graphics is diferent... but work with El Capitan... with sierra 10,12,4 beta 2 no... is more slow. There is posibility that problem have origin in the DSDT for machine diferent?  

There is an edit for the DSDT to fix the shutdown problem.

Thanks JayGrid, I've made the changes and it works. Thank you. My DSDT file is the one used by your machine, They tried to modify my DSDT file, but it did not boot, but when I used your DSDT it worked ... fortunately. ... only that your pc has different components, for example, mine has one E5620 processor, and yours is a dual E5540 processor, your graphics card is GT 640 and mine is a Quadro 2000. Can that difference cause problems?.

Would it improve performance if I modify the DSDT and adjust it to my Z600?

Rockey, i´ve download an app (MaciASL) and looking for RTC I found a part exactly as you posted.

This is a screen capture

I think I have my dsdt patched for Sierra RTC Cmos, I´m wrong?

Again thank you for your help

Rockey, i´ve download an app (MaciASL) and looking for RTC I found a part exactly as you posted.

This is a screen capture

I think I have my dsdt patched for Sierra RTC Cmos, I´m wrong?

Again thank you for your help

For length I have 0x02

Yes since Yosemite. When updating I switch to the built in driver, and when the new web driver is available use that.

Fair enough, i'll probably do the same. I'm think I'm going to sell my XW8600 workstation and stick with my Z400. I've not spent so much time on it since I upgraded my cpu to a six core. 

================Update

I've been trying for the past 3 hours to install a fresh install of Sierra on my Z400 and i've been getting kernel panics.  I swapped to 3 different gpus already and I just can't seem to get past that kp.  I'm using the same config.plist as you jaymack, not sure why it's not working for me.  Any pointers?

I had solved it two times

First            using your clover.plist  :D Later I take out some of the options and still I do no have CMOS reset but I do not finish, I think some of them can be removed, but... then

Second       using boots files posted by Rockey12 and my clover.plist

Do you use a DSDT?

I'm trying to install Sierra on my z400 from scratch, which smbios did you use? I'm using the x5650 six core cpu. Are there any other special kexts needed for the usb installer? Or am i all set with just the kexts from the 10.11 folder?

=============Update

I managed to install Sierra finally, but I still have some issues I'd like to fix.  I'm trying to get sound with AppleALC.kext latest version which is 1.019 I think, I'm using layout id 11 but no sound is coming through my speakers.. Any pointers? Oh and I'm using an Sandisk 128gb ssd but my bootup time is slow. It takes at least 6 seconds from clover screen to apple screen, another 3 seconds to loading bar, about 10 seconds to login screen. Is that normal?  I remember my mavericks used to boot up within seconds on the same ssd. Anything I should look into?

kexxt.zip

I'm trying to install Sierra on my z400 from scratch, which smbios did you use? I'm using the x5650 six core cpu. Are there any other special kexts needed for the usb installer? Or am i all set with just the kexts from the 10.11 folder?

=============Update

I managed to install Sierra finally, but I still have some issues I'd like to fix.  I'm trying to get sound with AppleALC.kext latest version which is 1.019 I think, I'm using layout id 11 but no sound is coming through my speakers.. Any pointers? Oh and I'm using an Sandisk 128gb ssd but my bootup time is slow. It takes at least 6 seconds from clover screen to apple screen, another 3 seconds to loading bar, about 10 seconds to login screen. Is that normal?  I remember my mavericks used to boot up within seconds on the same ssd. Anything I should look into?

I am using IMac 13.2 SMBIOS. Sierra for me is loading more slowly than Mavericks and I would recommend not to install Sierra as for me Mavericks, El Capitan, or Yosemite seemed to perform better. Sierra has a problem with the CMOS sometimes resetting. I am uploading the Kexts that I am using, including one that should get your sound to work.

• Like 1

Greetings! HPZ600 Workstation ( 2 x Xeon5520's + Nvidia K600 + 12GB Ram + 500GB SataHD) Been running 10.12.3 Sierra successfully with patched AppleICPM and re-tuned FakeSMC based off of Mac Pro 5,1. My only issue presently is the system auto-wakes immediately from sleep. Was able to extract native DSDT, but I've probably not applied the proper patches. Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated! 

:( Have to say I I having Cmos Reset again?

Normally I always sleep the computer but yesterday I have to shutdown it and I have a bios reset

I thought I had the CMOS reset problem fixed, but it still sometimes does it a random. Do you have patched AppleICPM? I have not done this so far.

I thought I had the CMOS reset problem fixed, but it still sometimes does it a random. Do you have patched AppleICPM? I have not done this so far.

No, I don´t even know what it is and don´t speak about how to do it

Greetings! HPZ600 Workstation ( 2 x Xeon5520's + Nvidia K600 + 12GB Ram + 500GB SataHD) Been running 10.12.3 Sierra successfully with patched AppleICPM and re-tuned FakeSMC based off of Mac Pro 5,1. My only issue presently is the system auto-wakes immediately from sleep. Was able to extract native DSDT, but I've probably not applied the proper patches. Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated! 

ssprod can I use your files in my system?

jayg

ssprod can I use your files in my system?

Jaygrid, feel free that's why they're there. Be aware of the specs that I've listed for my system. I don't know if your details are identical to mine. Good luck, and let me know how it works out.

Rockey12,

Thanks for the info, however when I "Disable Lan in bios", my network is disconnected once in Sierra. Also, because my installation involved Clover "boot0f" method and not UEFI, the "F" keys are not functional at Clover startup.

Rockey12,

Thanks for the info, however when I "Disable Lan in bios", my network is disconnected once in Sierra. Also, because my installation involved Clover "boot0f" method and not UEFI, the "F" keys are not functional at Clover startup.

Disable wake up from Lan, not Lan.