HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone,

I have successful installed El Capitan with Chris procedure on my HP Z400. No problems and thanks! I have now some difficulties to activate the sound (ALC262) because I don't have understood the correct procedure in some posts "AppleHDA+CodecCommander+DSDT". In which manner I can activate the sound? Someone can explain me "step by step for dummies"?

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I need your Help. I'm trying to put my Z800 with GTX960 (slot 2) + GTX980 Ti (slot 5). If I connect 2 cards the 980 it's not recognized. Have i to insert in DSDT injection to get both cards working ? Please give me some advice.

Thanks in advance 

Hi Rockey12 or other hackintosh guru, i´m stating on hackintosh world, and i have a HP Z800 too, i followed about all topics but can´t not install el capitan on this workstation, i´ve used some Dsdt e config.plist posted here but no success, can you help me to create a patch e config.plist to this machine? sorry my bad english, it´s not my primary language.

Thank you in advance.

Elson Santos

Hi guys, I'm having trouble having trouble installing El Capitan on HP z800. But I cannot get to the install screen.

I have a gtx960 and a Kingston PCIe SSD. I followed Zorrozz guide, but Its stock on that screen. I'v used the DSDT file on the guide and the one I generated on my system (attached). 

I hope you can help me.

post-1797969-0-75568500-1472362181_thumb.jpeg

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi Guys,  Many thanks to all you pioneers of the Hackintosh world for the great work you have done to make it easier for its newbies.  I have a Z600 with 2 * X5670 which is working with Yosemite thanks to ZorroZZ's guide above and files from jaygrid for Z600.  After install, I can boot to Clover on my HDD but the OSX HDD is not showing.  If I boot from the USBInstaller, OSX HDD shows and can be booted OK.  Followed the instructions to the letter and checked config.plist with Clover configurator.

Has anyone seen this or can offer a solution.

Thanks.

• Like 1

+++ Fixed problem - needed to Install Clover in the ESP, Bootloader -> Install boot0ss in MBR, CloverEFI -> CloverEFI 64-bits SATA.  Now have a great dual boot El Capitan and Win 7 machine which beats my Mac Pro 3.1 hands down.

Geekbench 3 - 64 bit multi - 2503 and 23495 on dual X5670.

• Like 2

Hi friends.

I'd like invite for everybody interested to my guide of Z820. I inspired on this thread to create my guide. Somehow, I was jealous ^_^:D . Maybe some tips could be adapted to your Z800, and vice-versa. 

And I think you'll find some surprise ;)

Greetings

Hello...Great Guide...Thanks so much.

Just for share a little experience:

If someone wants to install a PCI-E Card to SATA in its z800, there is a works well: Syba PCI-Express card 2 SATA 6 Gbps ports 2.0

• Like 1

El Capitan still running ok here on my Z800. 

I have not solved the immediate waking from sleep, when I get the time I'll try digging into the DSDT to see if a useful change can be made.

I did have a moment when the machine kernel panicked and spontaneously rebooted mounting an NFS share.  I had to laugh when repeating the experiment on the macbook did exactly the same thing.

madmaxisback, good to hear the RME audio interface is working well.  I have a MOTU 828 Mk 3 here which has also been working well.  Best over firewire but the USB works well enough.

Cheers

I just finished my installation guid for Z800 with BIOS 3.60 thanks to Rockey12

Feel free to test and validate if working for you.

My El Capitan installation procedure for Z800 with BIOS 3.60

HW Specification : 

HP Z800  with BIOS version : 3.60

CPU: x2 6-core X5650 @ 2.67 GHz

RAM: 24 GB

GFX:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, 3GB, 3072MB,GDDR5 384bit

SSD: 256 GB  SSD: CrosAir Force GT

Monitor: Samsung 4K, 3840 x 2160 Resolution (UHD)

Before you begin ensure that you have a running OSX installation with following tools:

Start by downloading the following:

Create El Capitan Installation media on a USB (16Gb or more)

• Start “Easy Universal Installer Eng.” and create the USB El Capitan installation media. (
    )
  • Install latest “Clover 3577” on to your USB (10.11 INSTALLER) and choose “Customized” and only check the following:

"Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR"

"CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA"

• Start the installation process and if you get a compatibility warning just continue the installation anyway
  • When finished mount the USB 10.11 INSTALLER’s EFI partition using “ESP Mounter Pro 1.0”             
  • Copy EFI folder from "10.11INSTALLER/" to mounted EFI partition "EFI/"
  • Copy downloaded DSDT to "EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACAPI/Patched/"
  • Copy “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext” to "EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11/"
  • Start Clover Configurator and open config.plist in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/
  • Go to  options and check  -v and nv_disable=1 and save
  • Now you are done with the USB installation media next is to install the OSX El Capitan

Install OSX El Capitan

• Boot on USB, Install El Capitan, Reboot using the USB but this time choose the HDD with newly installed El Capitan
  • Install Clover to your HDD El Capitan partition, same as before
  • Mount USB 10.11 INSTALLER’s EFI partition and copy the EFI folder to your desktop, un-mount when done
  • Now mount the HDD El Capitan EFI partition and copy the EFI folder from your desktop to mounted EFI partition "EFI/"
  • Install this Kexts using Kext Utility "AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext"
  • Install nVidia drivers
  • Reboot without the USB and all should be working except for graphics and the wrong amount of RAM
  • Start Clover configurator and first go to "BOOT"  and uncheck “nv_disable=1” and check “nvda_drv=1” next go to "SMBIOS" and manually add the memory setup of your RAM by adding each slot and memory HW spec.
  • Reboot and now all should be working…

Hi.

I have a Hp z800 with gtx780 3GB and have followed the guide verbatim with the dsdt attached therein but just cant seem to get the nvidia card working properly. During the verbose boot up screen the drivers waits for almost 30 seconds before the login window appears. After login the 'about mac'displays the correct display card info but the display is very sluggish and freezes before any GUI change is rendered onto the screen. during this time the cpu also is used quite considerably. 

I am attaching the vanilla dsdt along here if anyone having requisite knowledge since even if i remove the errors when i compile my dsdt, the system doesnt boot from my dsdt.

any help is much appreciated since i have spent almost the entire last week in figuring it out but in vain.

Thanks.

hpz800 dsdt.zip

• Like 1

Hi.

I have a Hp z800 with gtx780 3GB and have followed the guide verbatim with the dsdt attached therein but just cant seem to get the nvidia card working properly. During the verbose boot up screen the drivers waits for almost 30 seconds before the login window appears. After login the 'about mac'displays the correct display card info but the display is very sluggish and freezes before any GUI change is rendered onto the screen. during this time the cpu also is used quite considerably. 

I am attaching the vanilla dsdt along here if anyone having requisite knowledge since even if i remove the errors when i compile my dsdt, the system doesnt boot from my dsdt.

any help is much appreciated since i have spent almost the entire last week in figuring it out but in vain.

Thanks.

Hi Dharam,

With GTX 7xx series the Nvidia drivers are "baked in" to OSX already.  I have a GTX 770 and simply omitted the step of installing the Nvidia web drivers.  Works fine, including 3D acceleration in X-Plane, Portal etc etc.

• Like 1

Works for me :-) and for you to test...

Sierra installation procedure for Z800 with BIOS 3.60

HW Specification :

HP Z800  with BIOS version : 3.60

CPU: x2 6-core X5650 @ 2.67 GHz

RAM: 24 GB

GFX:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, 3GB, 3072MB,GDDR5 384bit

Sonnos Tempo SSD ACHI Controller

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB & 256 GB  Corsair Force GT

Monitor: Samsung 4K, 3840 x 2160 Resolution (UHD)

Before you begin ensure that you have a running OSX installation an downloaded the following tools:

-        Clover Configurator

-        ESP Mounter Pro 1.0

-        "Kext Utility"

Start by downloading the following:

-        OS X Sierra through “AppStore”

-        Bootloader “Clover (latest)

-        Patched DSDT for Z800 ,

-        Kext’s: “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext & AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext”

1. Create Sierra Installation media on a USB (16Gb or more)

-        Start by formatting the USB flash "Untitled", “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)”, “GUID Partition Map”

-        Open Terminal and run “sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app –nointeraction”

-        Install latest “Clover (latest)” on to your USB “Install macOS Sierra” and choose “Customized” and only the following:
         "Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR"

"CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO" (For PCIe ACHI cards)

"CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA" (For internal MoBo SATA)

-        Start the installation process

-        When finished mount the USB “Install macOS Sierra” EFI partition using “ESP Mounter Pro 1.6”

-        Copy EFI folder from " Install macOS Sierra/" to mounted EFI partition "/"

-        Copy DSDT to "EFI/CLOVER/ACAPI/Patched/"

-        Copy “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext & AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext & NullCPUPowerManagement.kext” to "EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/Other/"

-        Start Clover Configurator and open config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER/

-        Go to  options and check  -v and and save (In my case there is no need for additional drivers so no need for ”nv_disable=1”)

-        Now you are done with the USB installation media next is to install the OSX Sierra

2. Install OSX Sierra

-        Boot on USB , Install Sierra, Reboot using the USB but this time choose the HDD with newly installed Sierra

-        Install Clover to your HDD Sierra partition

-        Mount USB “Install macOS Sierra” EFI partition and copy the EFI folder to your desktop, un-mount when done

-        Now mount the HDD Sierra EFI partition and copy the EFI folder from your desktop to mounted EFI partition "/"

-        Install this Kexts using Kext Utility "AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext"

-        Install nVidia drivers (In my case no need)

-        Reboot without the USB and all should be working except for the wrong amount of RAM

-        Start Clover configurator and first go to "BOOT"  and uncheck “nv_disable=1” and “-v” next go to "SMBIOS" and manually add the memory setup of your RAM by adding each slot and memory HW spec.

-       

-        Reboot and now all should be working…

3. iMessage

4. Enable Confirm Delivery of Mail Sent in Mac Mail

defaults write com.apple.mail UserHeaders '{"Return-Receipt-To" = "for e-mail@xxx.com"; "Disposition-Notification-To" = "your e-mail@xxx.com"; }'

defaults read com.apple.mail UserHeaders

defaults delete com.apple.mail UserHeaders

5. TRIM enable

- Open the Terminal

- run ”sudo trimforce enable”

post-694598-0-24929700-1474831432_thumb.png

post-694598-0-70125300-1480626030_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

How'd that go for you Jaymack? Did you install from the update from appstore or thumb drive? I too would like to update mine after I backup my El Capitan.

From the App Store. I copied all the Kexts from EFI Clover Kexts 10.11 to Other. I used IMac 14.2

• Like 2

Awesome, ill give it a twirl this weekend.  Btw, does Sierra still have the issue with some GPUs because I'm running the quadro fx1800 from nvidia. I'd hate to update and not able to use the machine afterwards as i don't have any other spare gpus lying around.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a newbie and I am trying to use the installation of El Capitan using the installation guide by Zorro.

I couldn't get the OS to boot from the 10.11Installer USB stick. I've tried different options for booting that I picked from the forum, but the machines hangs and panics or panics and reboots.

My configuration seems very close to the one mentioned by Zorro.

Any pointers to what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you very much for helping out!!

Hi,

I'm a Z400 newbie as well but got my machine working with a lot of aid from the experts of this forum ... :-)

1. I used Pandora's Box to create installer media only.

2. I manually added this EFI Folder to the installer partition (some people reportet problems usig the EFI partition)

3. I installed Clover rev. 3650 (including installer sktipts!). Newer revs of Clover lead to panic on my system ...

That's it. Maybe it works for you ...

EFI.zip

I am a newbie and I am trying to use the installation of El Capitan using the installation guide by Zorro.

I couldn't get the OS to boot from the 10.11Installer USB stick. I've tried different options for booting that I picked from the forum, but the machines hangs and panics or panics and reboots.

My configuration seems very close to the one mentioned by Zorro.

Any pointers to what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you very much for helping out!!

• Like 1