Intel HD3000 not working 10.10.4

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Last night I put together my first hackintosh without too much issue. Everything boots, and everything seems to be working properly, except my Intel HD3000. Initially, I had tried to run all 3 of my monitors from my GTX 770, however only two of three would work, so having Googled the result, I moved one of them to my IGP - the HD3000. That's all well and good, and I now have three monitors running, however I have no QE/CL, and my resolution on the monitor connected to it is stuck at 1024x768. I've checked system profiler, and the HD3000 is mislabeled as a HD2000, with only 3MB of VRAM.

I found some kexts that claimed to fix this issue for 10.10.1, so I gave them a try on 10.10.4, but no luck. I read here about patching the DSDT, but I'm not really sure that I did it correctly, as my issue still persists. Any help would be much appreciated! I'm using Clover if that makes any difference. As I'm still new to the scene, I'm not particularly knowledgable about patching and such, so beginners terms would be preferable!

My specs are as follows:

i5 2500k

Nvidia GTX 770

Intel HD3000

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

16GB RAM

120GB SSD

2x2TB HDD

Now we're getting somewhere! System profiler reports the correct values, and I appear to have acceleration!

There's a new issue though. The monitor connected to the HD3000 via VGA hangs on the OS X loading screen. The other monitors make it into OS X fine. I've tested with a projector hooked up to the HDMI port of the HD3000, and that boots successfully, so that's working at least. I believe it's got something to do with this, so I'm going to try their fixes and see what I can come up with. 

It's strange that HDMI is working fine though, when it's supposed toneed that fix. In any case, thank you so much for your help, and I'll report back if I have issues applying that fix.

clover kext patch is way forward!

I'm not sure what this means, nor how to do it I'm afraid. More progress though; I ended up re-installing everything, and that kext did something, but not quite right.

I now have the third monitor booting from VGA, however it's mirroring what the projector on HDMI is outputting. I'd be able to live with this, however the aspect ratio between the two devices isn't the same, so I can not select my monitor's native resolution, which means text and graphics are all stretched, and part of the screen is cut off.

I've attached a pic to show what I mean.

ymmbsZW.jpg

Do the dual link inside of clover config file.

As for the kext patching, you instruct clover to do it also, leaving your system kexts remaining clean. This situation is much cleaner than patching kexts within SLE. Even with a system update, a clover kext patch will remain to work as long as major changes in that kext dont happen in the update. Otherwise every single update will replace your patched kext. Is the whole advantage to using clover, as well as the uefi.

I changed DualLink to 1 in Clover's config, but that further restricted my resolution options. One thing I should have explained better is that monitor #3 doesn't actually appear in the Display settings. Monitors #1 and #2 and Projector all show up, but monitor #3 does not, yet monitor #3 clones what is on Projector. I hope that makes sense to you.

Ok, so there's some progress here... The patched kext I uploaded comes off my Dell Latitude E6220. There could be differences in the way your desktop HD 3000 operates in terms of port # though, I'm not too sure.

One thing to bear in mind is that, unless I'm mistaken, the DSDT you were provided with makes no reference to the DualLink parameter and that could restrict the screen resolution you're able to obtain on your external display. I can't speak much in terms of desktop because I don't own any with HD 3000 graphics, but in the case of a laptop, DualLink must be set to 1 for screen resolution higher than 1366x768.

I would strongly recommend that you follow the process detailed at RampageDev's blog, as this will give you the exact value of parameters applicable to your own hardware. If you're uneasy about the patching part, try extracting the hardware info and post it so that, in turn, we try patching kexts for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by extracting hardware info. If you mean the details of System Report, I've uploaded that here.

No, I meant the Intel Reg dump, as explained in RampageDev's pages.

You've confused me with your monitors. You 1st spoke of 3 monitors, now you mention a projector... Could you list your card, output ports and associated screens to clarify things?

Apologies for the confusion; the goal is to have three monitors running concurrently. Two on my GTX770, and the remaining one on the HD3000.

The GTX 770 has one monitor hooked up via HDMI, and one via VGA to DVI adapter. The HD3000 has a the third monitor hooked up via VGA. As I mentioned in post #7, I introduced a projector hooked up to the HD3000's HDMI port for the sake of testing. In my tests, I noted that monitor #3 (HD3000's VGA port) still would not display, however the projector on the HDMI port would. Next I installed the kext you provided, and the result is now that while OS X claims to not see monitor #3 on HD3000's VGA port, it does actually output, however it's outputting the exact same feed as the projector connected to HD3000's HDMI port.

I'm currently out and about at the moment, so I can't provide you with the Intel Reg dump, but I will as soon as I get home.