palante76

12 posts in this topic

Completely new to this site and all the tools here. Had no idea you could even customize hardware like this. I love what you all are doing and look forward to learning more about hardware and the OS X underbelly. 

Seems that someone or something has used these tools to patch the hell out of my Macbook Pro laptop though, and it's taken me months to figure out that it's not malware or a rootkit but just apps and patches that all point either here or Tony86 or whatever his name is. I've even been through 5 AppleCare senior tech support people who couldn't figure it out... most of them dismissed the ordeal as paranoia since everything actually works so seamlessly which is a huge compliment to this whole project.

I won't go into specific details here, but I'm hoping for any pointers since I'm sure I'm not the first one to have dealt with this. I was surprised there wasn't a sticky or any recent posts about this kind of thing, though, unless I missed it. From what I can tell, though, I've got Clover and/or Chameleon, and a whole bunch of kext and firmware patches, and I'm running Yosemite on a MacBook Pro 10,2 2013 Retina 13".

If I just download and run something like MacPois0n will that allow me to see what's been done and fix it all? I just want to make it all go away! 

Thanks and I appreciate any helpful advice! 

I'm sure that some expert guys will tell you how to check everything you need to check to see if something's wrong.

In the meantime, why don't you backup important data and make Yosemite install usb as per Apple guide and do clean installation on your MacBook?

Ok people... it seems that everyone missed the part where I said "someone or something" did this. I am not stupid enough to hackintosh my own macintosh. I don't know how or what was done. I'm asking you all, the experts in the field, to help me figure that out. All I know is that all signs point to the stuff on this site which I am not familiar with. I'll figure it out though if "why would you be so stupid" and "nice hack" are the only responses I'm going to get. I was hoping for something a little more helpful from a community built around technology that requires such a deep understanding of the Mac OS!

I'm sure that some expert guys will tell you how to check everything you need to check to see if something's wrong.

In the meantime, why don't you backup important data and make Yosemite install usb as per Apple guide and do clean installation on your MacBook?

And yes, I've done this. Almost on a daily basis just to keep the system from overtaking me by the backdoors that are installed in all these patches or kexts or whatever. I had to go through the basic troubleshooting steps to make it to Apple's senior techs. All 5 of them. This is a little more advanced than just some app that messed up some settings. Remember I thought it was a rootkit/bootkit for a long time.

Ok people... it seems that everyone missed the part where I said "someone or something" did this. I am not stupid enough to hackintosh my own macintosh. I don't know how or what was done. I'm asking you all, the experts in the field, to help me figure that out. All I know is that all signs point to the stuff on this site which I am not familiar with. 

hi palante76     :)

the thing that leads people to confusion is this part:

I've got Clover and/or Chameleon, and a whole bunch of kext and firmware patches, and I'm running Yosemite on a MacBook Pro 10,2 2013 Retina 13".

a hackintosh can not boot as a real mac so we need a bootloader + some kexts (at least FakeSMC.kext)... it's why we use Clover or Chameleon 

a real Mac does not need such kind of bootloaders

"someone or something" did this.

perhaps someone of your family/friends who did it... we can not devine   ^_^

anyway, welcome at InsanelyMac   ;)

”trying to install OS X on a PC is calling a hackintosh... trying to hackintosh its own mackintosh we call this an InsanelyMac”   :P

• Like 2

This may be obvious and something you have already done but if you back up your data via Time Machine, wipe your disk clean and install a fresh copy of Yosemite, when you restore from Time Machine, only restore your files. DO NOT restore your settings and system files.  If you believe you have a hidden EFI partition like many modern hackintoshes, set your Disk Utility to show the debug menu, select to display hidden partitions, and, if you see any folder in EFI other than Boot and Apple, get rid of it.

the buga a retina macbook could have is the wlan bug

or a damaged nvidia card.

the wlan bug is is "fixed" 

by going back to mDNSResolver from discoverd

Not everybody had this bug

I emailed with a apple developer in Cupertino because of another bug in Macos which i figured out and he said in the case of the wlan-bug:

"If a device (at my home a Apple-TV 3) has a older version of the dns service running it crashed or would be extremely slow."

(A restart of the service fix it until you connect to network which contains the device with the older version)

My 15" retina late 2013 had a damaged nvidia card

(in Starcraft2 only 32 FPS all details set to low / now 240 FPS)

I had to fight with apple for 19 month until they repaired it :-(

another bug which might could happen is a spotlight bug.

Eventually it is allready fixed (i didn't tested if 10.10.4 is still affected)

by rule of thumb:

spotlight need for initial indexing 1 GB RAM for each TB of hard disk space.

i had only 12 GB Ram but 19 TB Connected and the cpu usage was after a few minutes fixed at 100% :-(

check if mdworker have a high cpu usage

a Solution is to connect fewer harddiskdrives to the board 

(this bug should normally not happen, but a friend had it with a macbook with 4 GB Ram an 2 external 6 TB harddrives,  too.)

to mDNSResolver :

If you don't need the ios extensions like phonecalls, continuity ...

you can use the mDNSResolver from Mavericks.

It is much faster (I use it because i don#t have a iphone)

the 10.9 version and a howto i have in my repo:

https://github.com/Moorviper/OSX-fixes