[SOLVED] Nvidia GFX issues after 10.10.4 update

Klonkrieger2

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

my graphics card is the nvidia quadro 5000. Until 10.10.2 it worked nativley. After the 10.10.3 update I had to use the nvidia web driver, which perfectly worked then.

But after updating to 10.10.4 I cant get it workin again, even with the most recent nvidia web driver.

While booting, after the verbose output, my screen goes into standby. Booting with nv_disable=1 I can see the desktop, be resolution is limited of course.

I see the the web driver load correctly and also the nvidia preference panel says, the web driver is used. (via VNC connection).

The console log says something like: Kernel: Display_B cannot be used and some strange things with the Ambient Light Sensor.

I tried all different boot arg combinations (GE=yes/no, nvda_drv=0/1), nothing is working.

The strange thing is that even in safe mode (-x) i have no picture without nv_disable=1.

I also repaired the permissions and rebuilt kernel cache.

I use chameleon bootloader (recent version). Clover is not working for me =/

Any suggestions what to do?

EDIT: I used sysdef MacPro6,1 which caused the problems. Having read in another forum that this causes problems, i switched to iMac14,2 and now GFX work again. Just have to found a solution for my broken CPU PowerManagement now... =/

• 1 month later...