Maxxuss Exec_10.4.2 Patch

maxxuss

68 posts in this topic

I have tested the v0.5c and the new 10.4.2 patch and I can tell the example irc program is not running using the default v0.5c kernel I'm using for weeks now and IT WILL RUN (YES!) with the new kernel in the 10.4.2 patch using startup: mach_kernel.exec. So it's definetely working, about the following:

Should not happen.

However, please (as always for these kinds of trouble-shooting questions!), list your configuration (see the FAQ for list of items) and how you measured. Is it repeatable after reboot? Do get your old speed after restoring your old kernel?

I too thought my system went down in performance after the new patch but I'm not so sure. Like with windows you test your system until you know it's "stable enough" to work with. After that you install extra software that will make the system become slower. Is this also the case with MAC OSX(86) configurations? as I too thought it started up slower after installing a lot of software before testing the 10.4.2 patch. I will do some reboots and test both kernels and will tell if there are differences between them concerning speed....

Regards and WHAT A GREAT JOB Maxxuss.

Hopefully the new alpha driver for NVidia will bring higher resolutions for me as well ;-)

Regards

Jordan

mm i can't get this to work

i select "i" then select "2" to install the patch. when i run the "MacOSXUpdate10.4.2.dmg" it pop up text message say something like "your system doesnt need this update. but my osx is 10.4.1

No! Go help the developement of the Nvidia driver. we Nvidia people need >@60Hz support natively to prevent us from getting serious migraine.

But seriously, I thought I read somewhere that maxxuss was working on a native ethernet driver and recently he seems to be buisy on the Tiger 10.4.2 patches.

No!! there are enuff people working on the nvidia project.Its time someone with know how of programing helps us out with the ati drivers.there is already an nvidia driver out.That is if Maxxuss has the time.

No!! there are enuff people working on the nvidia project.Its time someone with know how of programing helps us out with the ati drivers.there is already an nvidia driver out.That is if Maxxuss has the time.

Hmm. Why don't we all get along. Maxxuss will work on the Nvidia project, and you go buy a new Nvidia card! There, everyone is happy and everyone wins! Maxxuss gets told what to do, you get a new card, and I get my Nvidia drivers!! YYYEEEAAHHHH!!!! :D:huh:

Hmm. Why don't we all get along. Maxxuss will work on the Nvidia project, and you go buy a new Nvidia card! There, everyone is happy and everyone wins! Maxxuss gets told what to do, you get a new card, and I get my Nvidia drivers!! YYYEEEAAHHHH!!!! :D:huh:

Lets get back on topic.There are other threads for nivida and ATI on these forums.

Again thank you Maxxuss for the hard work.

Thank you very much.

I have run the 10.4.2 patch but it doesn't seem to have done anything. I have followed MAXXUSS instructions to the letter but after rebooting "About this mac" is still showing as 10.4.1.

Any help would be welcome

My original install was Release 1 on a Lattitude D600

I have run the 10.4.2 patch but it doesn't seem to have done anything. I have followed MAXXUSS instructions to the letter but after rebooting "About this mac" is still showing as 10.4.1.

Any help would be welcome

My original install was Release 1 on a Lattitude D600

What gave you the idea that this patches your 10.4.1 to a 10.4.2 ?

From the original post, the first line only says that this patch lets you "Run 10.4.2 software on your 10.4.1 system".

So nope, this does not transform your 10.4.1 to 10.4.2.

Everyone is still eagerly awaiting the arrival of 10.4.2 but from the looks of things, it'll probably be a while so be happy with your current setup. :blink:

I know it doesn't patch to 10.4.2 and yes I do know that it allows you to run 10.4.2 software. I was just asking if there was any indication that the patch had worked. I dont want to try doing some software updates only to find the system hangs due to incomaptibility problems.

I've downloaded the universal binary of Colloquy and it apears to be working ok. I also tried installing safari 2.0.1 and it refuses to install with the massage "This software reqires OSX 10.4.2".

Has anyone had a simialr experience.

I've downloaded the universal binary of Colloquy and it apears to be working ok. I also tried installing safari 2.0.1 and it refuses to install with the massage "This software reqires OSX 10.4.2".

I run safari 2.0.1 without using any patches. I just installed the safari (via software update) on a PPC Mac (a Powermac G5) and then just copied the Safari 2.0.1 (renamed) folder in Applications over to the x86 PCs. It works just fine. Before that I tried installing Safari 2.0.1 shortly after it came out last month and it messed up my native install. This method worked for me. Isnt Safari 2.0.1 just a PPC app?

Of course is a Solution, not the one you want, and not a popular one.

But at this stage Mac OS X fro X86 is not a retail product, even not a beta, i just a product for developers to create x86 binaries for future.

Seriously, I mean come on people, I think everyone is being a little too demanding. I'm happy that Maxxus, Deathchill, Bender, Deadmoo, Tuxx, the Nvidia team and PLENTY more people have dedicated as much time as they have already. Just relaxxx...it'll be allllllll good.

Now, on to my problem. whenever someone get's the chance...can they upload their mach_kernel that hasn't been patched with the X.4.2 patch? I (like an idiot) installed the X.4.2 patch...THEN did the tpm patch from .5c and now everything is running like crapola...and I lost my usb. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can repair this? I've already tried uninstalling the patches according to how I installed them.

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices

and

Edit SystemVersion.plist

to change 10.4.1 to 10.4.2

And reboot then you can install safari 2.0.1!!!

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices and Edit SystemVersion.plist to change 10.4.1 to 10.4.2

This will let you install safari 2.0.1. BUT that is PPC only and WILL KILL Mail and other applications after you have installed 2.0.1 safari. Just tried it and now I'm off to a clean reinstall.

yeah it happened to me too. this 10.4.2 thing really isn't a good thing. you can still use mail and all your apps though. on mail, you can choose to open it using rosetta. the problem i see after installing the 10.4.2 patch is that it's a little bit slow. and it killed my dashboard. dashboard won't come up anymore.

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices

and

Edit SystemVersion.plist

to change 10.4.1 to 10.4.2

Thanks,

This has worked a treat. Its also stopped showing that annoying "Flash Install" message.

yeah it happened to me too. this 10.4.2 thing really isn't a good thing. you can still use mail and all your apps though. on mail, you can choose to open it using rosetta. the problem i see after installing the 10.4.2 patch is that it's a little bit slow. and it killed my dashboard. dashboard won't come up anymore.

Same here, widgets remain blank...