El Capitan install with Chameleon Chris1111 method

sormy

13 posts in this topic

I installed El Capitan with Chameleon Chris1111 method  and everything went smooth ! very easy thanks to Chris but after installation in HD with El Capitan there is not Chameleon  and extra folder etc. so doesn't boot without the USB key. Have i to install Chameleon and the extra folder with all the right kexts  and how ?  I'm not expert. Thanks

Installed EC without issues, thanks to chris1111's excellent tutorial (so simple even I could do it).

Slight problem post-install; the display preference function seems top be missing from Preference Panes/Displays, so the 1920x1080x32 I put in the Chameleon file performs very badly indeed. Predictably.

Anyone know if the 'detect display' function is indeed missing or if I have ballsed it up somehow? Can anything be done to compensate or do I just wait for the next beta release?

D

where is the latest CHAMELEON   :w00t:

who's able to boot EL CAPITAN !!!!!!   :w00t:

i don't speak about

Enoch r2732

thank you   :rolleyes:

ask him   :rofl:

i must ask to CHRIS1111 
that's right ????
  • Like 1

"i got it here. are you sure you have qe ci?"

Oops, I forgot I had a PC keyboard and need to install Karabiner on EC. I can get the 'Detect Display' button, but it doesn't seem to do anything, certainly doesn't detect my display. Any thoughts?

I want to move away from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], how many of the MB kexts and mods can I employ with EC and how do I do it? What does EC need? I know I don't have the audio entries, same as Yos.

• 3 weeks later...

I have boot0 error after Enoch install. Should i do the familiar fix from terminal, and on what partition to copy boot file (i have triple boot - MountainLion, Yosemite and El Capitan)?

One more thing, how should i fix CMOS reset? AppleRTC from 10.10 or patching?

Edit: CMOS reset fixed with

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC;

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions;

• Like 1