Graphics card causes No Audio Codec detected! Toleda shell script

1 post in this topic

Hi, well it is in the title but here we go in full.

I have two x97 chipset boards with ALC892 codec. On installing 10.10.3 I used Toleda shell script but could not get the audio codec detected whilst  having a GT 610 installed.

The GT 610 HDMI audio controller was being detected but the on board audio was not detected!

I have also tried this card in an H81 chipsets board with an i5 4460 CPU and ALC887 codec. When the card was installed it gave the same issues, 'No Audio Codec Detected'. 

When I pulled out the GT 610 and reverted back to the IGPU on the i5, the onboard audio codec was detected and audio enabled.

Then updated to 10.10.4 and audio still works! Re-installed the GT 610 and had no issues at all. 

I tried this exact same scenario with a GTX 970 Sc and had the same results as above!

For the machines with an IGPU it is not an issue, pull out the card, patch audio, install the card and all is well.

Trouble is, the x97 socket 2011 board CPUs don't share a die with a GPU! 

when running 10.10.3 on the x97 board I just used a patched AppleHDA with HDAEnabler kext and the audio jacks worked just fine. Now updated to 10.10.4 and I can't get sound to work at all. 

When I had a GTX 660 card there were no such issues.

Would someone please help me, I need to have sound on the x79 machines!!

Thanks for reading.