Clover Install to UEFI HDD Problem

E-Chris

4 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble getting Clover installed and an option for boot on my internal HDD.

I've installed Yosemite using UEFI clover from a UEFI USB stick. I've installed Clover to my HDD in a EFI (Fat 32) partition. And copied over my clover config and files. 

USB Clover Entry:

I've tried using the add entry command from Clover on the USB stick, it adds an entry into my BIOS, but when I try to use that I get a black screen with a blinking courser in the upper left.

If I try to add it manually via bcfg using the USB stick my entries do seem to be accepted but never show up in the bios.

HDD Clover Entry:

I found that if I copy "cloverx64.efi" to the root of the EFI partition and rename it "shellx64.efi" that I can launch Clover without the USB by selecting "Load UEFI Shell from file system device" in the BIOS.

Clover launches and can boot to Yosemite if I do this, but this requires me to enter into the BIOS and launch the shell every time.

Trying to add entries via Clover results in BIOS entries that go to a black screen.

If I try to launch a shell from Clover and add entries manually bcfg won't work and it appears this shell version is different than the one launched from the USB. (Older, maybe reading from the BIOS itself?)

It seems like I need to make bcfg work from the HDD, but the shell that gets launched is older and doesn't seem to work. Will updating my BIOS fix that? Is there a way to update the shell itself? Why is the version on the USB working and the version on the HDD not? (They are both using the same Clover version).

Any thoughts would be incredibly appreciated.

Hi.

Try: start from usb, visited in options on the clover your HD.

Select add clover boot option.

Riavvare,

The bios should find another entry for its HD, the set as the primary boot.

If all goes well it should start automatically boot clover.

28j8y7r.jpgvxz2b8.jpg

More info:

When I launch the shell from the USB stick it says: "UEFI v2.40 (CLOVER, ...) 

When I launch the shell from the HDD it says: "UEFI v2.10 (American Megatrends)

The shell on the USB won't seem to let me write entries via bcfg to my BIOS, but seems to be a newer shell. I'm wondering if the shell on the HDD will let me write those entries? But it's old and isn't working. Where is this older shell coming from and is it possible to update?