10.10.4 final is out!

iRipper

47 posts in this topic

I got impatient. (I do this.) :D

I performed the update in safe mode - ie: on the reboot that happens during the normal upgrade I added -x to the kernel args. I let the upgrade complete.

I repeated the steps *I* had made before to get it working on 10.10.3. These are here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305623-radeon-7750-not-working-since-10103/ but reiterated for convenience:

1. sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  2. Change the setting: "CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating" from 0 to 1. Save and exit.
  3. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  4. Reboot.

NB: I think because I use sudo vi to edit the file and not something which changes permissions or ownership as I go, is why I didn't need to do rebuilds etc. Just the touch was necessary.

System came up normally. RadeonHD 7750 is happily driving the 4K monitor in retina-style as it was before. I have transparency effects so I believe that means the QE stuff is working? Everything looks fine.

Will now see about rationalising some of the boot stuff, disabling the trim hack and using trimforce instead...

One way to check if quartz extreme is working is turn on the Arabesque or flurry or shell Screen Savers i also think Launch Pad uses it it will be really choppy with out it

I got QE working it was my framebuffer. somehow it got changed. i reverted back to Chutoro and its all good. on a second note you only have to change that one line? i changed it back to mirror how it was in 10.10.2 which was a few more edits in the AMDRadion4000.kext.  i mean it still works. maybe i will revert it back and see just if that one edit works. Aside from this the only other thing i need to fix was CMOS reset. Sound and everything else still worked :) ~ Cheers

In my hd 6870 i had to downgrade AMDFramebuffer.kext from 10.10.3 because with this update i have some glitches on start up...i do not know why...to enable trim i used the old method because with the native my SSD turn orange

One way to check if quartz extreme is working is turn on the Arabesque or flurry or shell Screen Savers i also think Launch Pad uses it it will be really choppy with out it

I got QE working it was my framebuffer. somehow it got changed. i reverted back to Chutoro and its all good. on a second note you only have to change that one line? i changed it back to mirror how it was in 10.10.2 which was a few more edits in the AMDRadion4000.kext.  i mean it still works. maybe i will revert it back and see just if that one edit works. Aside from this the only other thing i need to fix was CMOS reset. Sound and everything else still worked :) ~ Cheers

Yep, those screensavers are fine. On two monitors simultaneously. I reckon it's OK. :)

I never changed anything with AMDRadeonX4000.kext before 10.10.3. In fact I'd never had to do *anything* with any of the radeon stuff; it all just worked. So no other drivers, no ATI injection or patches. My understanding was that such further measures were more likely to be necessary in the past before there were macs with similar GPUs in them. I only started with the hackintosh towards the end of the Mavericks era.

(Don't know if significant: this radeon card only has 4x mini-DisplayPort - although one seems to have physically died. No dvi, hdmi, vga at all. Also "it all just worked" doesn't include displayport audio. Not even detected.)

Then the problem with 10.10.3 and the above change was the *only* change I made. And the same with 10.10.4.

Note that means that it's the only difference from that file's default state *in* 10.10.3 and 10.10.4. If you've restored it to a 10.10.2 state and changed it, it may not be the same.

Updated both rigs w/o hassle, the legacy one being smooth as ever.
New one: booted with nv_disable=1, then updated to the newest nVIDIA WebDriver-346.01.03f01.

Will also disable the clover TRIM patch and try the new "native" method, but not today... (Hey, it's a shiny summer afternoon and I'm going to swim at the lake here nearby!)  ^_^

Updated both rigs w/o hassle, the legacy one being smooth as ever.

New one: booted with nv_disable=1, then updated to the newest nVIDIA WebDriver-346.01.03f01.

Will also disable the clover TRIM patch and try the new "native" method, but not today... (Hey, it's a shiny summer afternoon and I'm going to swim at the lake here nearby!)  ^_^

Oh yeah, did the trim switch as well, disabling it in clover and using trimforce. It's working just fine. (And the drive icons still look the same as before too - ISTR someone saying something about that.)

anyone can please help me out, after updating to 10.10.4, I cannot anymore connect to the internet. It may be related to the fact at in the past I did something to replace discoveryd with mdnsresponder....but I'm not sure how to revert that or fix it, after the update.

thanks.

====

05.07.2015 19:19:44,958 mDNSResponder[12517]: mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-576.30.4 (May 31 2015 04:53:24) starting OSXVers 14
05.07.2015 19:19:44,958 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system) Service "com.apple.mDNSResponder.reloaded" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.mDNSResponder.dnsproxy" from owner: com.apple.mDNSResponder
05.07.2015 19:19:44,958 mDNSResponder[12517]: init_dnsproxy_service: XPCError: Connection invalid
05.07.2015 19:19:44,959 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system) Service "com.apple.mDNSResponder.reloaded" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.mDNSResponder" from owner: com.apple.mDNSResponder
05.07.2015 19:19:44,959 mDNSResponder[12517]: RegisterMachService: 1100 44C unknown error code
05.07.2015 19:19:44,959 mDNSResponder[12517]: ! MACH PORT IS NULL ! bootstrap_checkin failed to give a mach port
05.07.2015 19:19:44,960 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.mDNSResponder.reloaded) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

anyone can please help me out, after updating to 10.10.4, I cannot anymore connect to the internet. It may be related to the fact at in the past I did something to replace discoveryd with mdnsresponder....but I'm not sure how to revert that or fix it, after the update.

thanks.

====

05.07.2015 19:19:44,958 mDNSResponder[12517]: mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-576.30.4 (May 31 2015 04:53:24) starting OSXVers 14
05.07.2015 19:19:44,958 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system) Service "com.apple.mDNSResponder.reloaded" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.mDNSResponder.dnsproxy" from owner: com.apple.mDNSResponder
05.07.2015 19:19:44,958 mDNSResponder[12517]: init_dnsproxy_service: XPCError: Connection invalid
05.07.2015 19:19:44,959 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.system) Service "com.apple.mDNSResponder.reloaded" tried to hijack endpoint "com.apple.mDNSResponder" from owner: com.apple.mDNSResponder
05.07.2015 19:19:44,959 mDNSResponder[12517]: RegisterMachService: 1100 44C unknown error code
05.07.2015 19:19:44,959 mDNSResponder[12517]: ! MACH PORT IS NULL ! bootstrap_checkin failed to give a mach port
05.07.2015 19:19:44,960 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.mDNSResponder.reloaded) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

1. Get mDNSResponder + mDNSResponderHelper  from another CLEAN 10.10.4 instalataion or Download 10.10.4 form AppleStore again, and extract these two files. Move and replace them in /usr/sbin

2. Remove those 4 .plists - System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd.plist & System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd_hеlpler.plist 

and from Library/LaunchDeamons com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist & com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper.plist

3. Reboot and you will have internet connection again  :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone upload these files? I'm having the same issues with no internet working, but I'm not able to get on a clean 10.10.4 installation.

edit: fixed it by deleting /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist and /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper.plist

/usr/sbin/mDNSResponder + Helper were successfully replaced by the 10.10.4 update

Just for feedback. This time I could update but I had to install again modified AppleIntelFramebufferCapri and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kexts from backup to have HD 3000 working as well as audio kexts for ALC892. For an old issue (I never understood what kind of problem it is) I also had to put OpenCL framework from Mavericks to get Preview working and no related graphic issues.

can you upload/show link your hd 3000 kext ? I had a problem, I need to delete and reinstall SNB buffer to get QE CI