Good Progress - HP Envy 23 All-in-One - Feedback required!

2 posts in this topic

I tried installing Mavericks onto a friend's Ivy Bridge (3220?) Core i3 HP Envy 23 TouchSmart d112a All-in-One Desktop PC last night, and had reasonable success.

Although I could never get it to boot off internal 1TB GUID single partition with Chimera 3.x (could only boot via USB and selecting OSX partition), I did manage to get Mavericks updated to 10.9.5 and got the (ridiculously underpowered) GeForce 610m working sweetly with QE/CI and OpenGL (GraphicsEnabler=Yes).

It has a Realtek 8111E, so will require a new kext, as the two I usually try do not work, and I want more than 10-Base T speeds (I believe there is one in testing). I am unaware of the WIFI/BT4, but I have a spare fully-compatible Atheros AR9285/AR3011 combo card, admittedly only half-miniPCIe and BT3, but still, if it works, all the better.

This is a UEFI bios, but I am yet to try Clover or anything fancy. I have just reinstalled Win8.1 Pro 64bit, but if there appears to be a chance of fully working system, I will retry it with Clover etc.

There is virtually no info on hackintoshing this system online (and I looked, believe me), so I am trail-blazing here. I am impressed by the fast HT Core i3, with 8GB RAM. The graphics are a JOKE, and there is no access to the HD2000/HD2500 in the CPU either.

The machine was very very usable tho, swift and responsive, with all apps tried working. Touching the screen just reset the pointer at top left (It activates Ink automatically, but I have disabled text recognition). This will NEVER be used as a touchscreen, so this does not bother me. Tested with generic Dell USB keyboard/mouse. Keyboard modifier keys appear not able to be remapped as usual from the Keyboard prefpane? Still looking into this, but once you start using a different Command key, you get used to it after a while.

Any others out there who have attempted this? Please post a reply. Cheers!

• 1 month later...